News Article: ‘Drama club’: Last season or, the ‘other’ Bob and Bread thread

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Love it, and hate that there's people who hate it.

Again, I wont say the team is "better off" or "worse" without Panarin, but the things that the team/coach/players had to deal with in regards to their highly praised diva goalie, should not be downplayed in any way.

Its clear that the "issues" were there for multiple years, and that it simply hit a head last year during a time that the CBJ team were more dangerous than they ever have been in franchise history.

Sad that there's even a SINGLE Bobrovsky Fan still on this board.

The "Hug" meant NOTHING AT ALL. Literally PR.

I don't think any CBJ fans have any problem with it. And that's all that matters. The mains who have a problem with it only hate Torts.

These have absolutely no relevancy to the article, what was said in the article, or really anything at all. The hug was no different than blasting music in the locker room after a win, it was a way to celebrate between two players. It was bonding between Foligno and Bob, who were close as teammates. Why you are making this a divisive subject is beyond me, but its what you do best.

Reactions: akmuo33 and Viqsi

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I don't think any CBJ fans have any problem with it. And that's all that matters. The mains who have a problem with it only hate Torts.

Why you are making this a divisive subject is beyond me, but its what you do best.

Plenty of CBJ fans have expressed their disdain with how Torts "handles" his players or the things he says to press about the team or in general. The 'Fire Torts Thread' can be read.

It is no coincidence that (other than Wennberg) ALL the players I have had "issues" in the past with regarding their impact or their perceived impact on the team, are NO LONGER apart of the team.

Serious question, is Bobby even able to play against the CBJ next year. Or will FLA have to shelter him from the "pressure"??

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Plenty of CBJ fans have expressed their disdain with how Torts "handles" his players or the things he says to press about the team or in general. The 'Fire Torts Thread' can be read.

It is no coincidence that (other than Wennberg) ALL the players I have had "issues" in the past with regarding their impact or their perceived impact on the team, are NO LONGER apart of the team.

Serious question, is Bobby even able to play against the CBJ next year. Or will FLA have to shelter him from the "pressure"??

Yeah, but no CBJ fans (to my knowledge) have expressed disdain with this series of comments from Torts, which is what you're insinuating. Yeah, I may have issues with some things he says and how he goes about things, but I have zero issue with what he said in that QnA.

It's also no coincidence that the team attempted to keep Panarin, Bob, Duchene, and Cole. You make it seem like we dropped these guys and it was a CBJ or mutual parting. There were efforts made to keep these players.

Serious question, can you make posts without putting people against each other and polarizing subjects that don't matter ?

Reactions: akmuo33 and Madifer

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Does distraction automatically = worse on-ice product? Would they have made it past the 2nd round without said distraction?

I guess we'll never know!
Candidly, they wouldn't have had to squeak onto the playoffs without all the divisiveness.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
After all of this, and no doubt more stories to come, I have to question Jarmo's thinking here. Bob should have been shipped out by Thanksgiving.

Why? If we trade Bob, we likely miss the playoffs. Last year was fine.

Reactions: akmuo33

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Why do these (unrelated to hockey and adding nothing) back and forth's occur with you?

What exactly about the "audio" of the hugs makes what I say, "bull****"...???

And no, a link to some unrelated term or "fallacy" on Wikipedia, without actually explaining WHY what I've said IS a "fallacy", will not be considered sufficient.

You're Welcome
Simply put, if you heard their banter before, after, and during the hug... that was genuine. Bob may have had issues with the organization and the front office, but that camaraderie was genuine.

Reactions: GoJackets1

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Why? If we trade Bob, we likely miss the playoffs. Last year was fine.
Or if Torts doesn’t waste 1/4 of the season , being a pure idiot , and moving Shaw to coach the forwards , and Larsen to coach the defense . People tend to overlook that, but how many points were squandered ? We went thru camp , and the first part of the season with an Indian fire drill defense . Once that was solved , Korpi and Bob both played pretty well . I think had it not been for this , they easily are a much higher seed , rather than squeaking in the playoffs

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Or if Torts doesn’t waste 1/4 of the season , being a pure idiot , and moving Shaw to coach the forwards , and Larsen to coach the defense . People tend to overlook that, but how many points were squandered ? We went thru camp , and the first part of the season with an Indian fire drill defense . Once that was solved , Korpi and Bob both played pretty well . I think had it not been for this , they easily are a much higher seed , rather than squeaking in the playoffs

Yeah, that was pretty stupid too.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Maybe Torts was trying to deflect our attention from what was happening in the locker room:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->