‘Cautiously optimistic’ NHL CBA talks could result in 2021 World Cup

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Am I the only one to see the world cup as a bit weird, as it in such a direct competition with the world championship? Only with less nations. I don't see this as enough to differentiate it from IIHFs world championship.

Gimmick teams may have been seen as a way to make this less obvious and less so in the whole?

No, I never thought of it as not differentiated enough from the world championships.

In North america, we got to see the best on best, and not just the best remaining who aren't in the playoffs. Plus, there were games in North America with NHL refs and ice dimensions.

That was all enough differentiation from a North American fan's standpoint.

Now, The European fan may feel differently. They hold the worlds in higher regard than North Americans do, I believe.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I wish there was a way to make it something other than a less-interesting Olympics. Like a best-of-seven between North America and Europe.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Separate Quebec and Atlantic. The French are not getting those top end players. Lol.

But seriously I think it has to be separated Nationally like the Olympics.

French call us Canadians, and Canadians call us French. So many insults from everyone lol.

Keep em. We'd win with our own players even if considered underdogs, just from the pride effect.

richard0902.jpg

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
French call us Canadians, and Canadians call us French. So many insults from everyone lol.

Keep em. We'd win with our own players even if considered underdogs, just from the pride effect.

richard0902.jpg
Lol. It was a joke. Anyways Im sure the French pride would be enough to beat anyone.:help:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->