Speculation: ‘20-21 Trade/Free Agency Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
So, who gets traded this year? No one wants Grant this time. Hutton? Heinen? Spare parts for contending teams. Manson is injured and is harder to trade. Rowney is out so not him either. Milano hasn't done anything and is injured. Getzlaf, Backes, Fowler and Lindholm are not going anywhere and neither are Gibson or Miller. No one is going to take on Henrique's contract and I doubt Silfverberg interests anyone either at the moment. Shattenkirk or Larsson? Lol. Then there are a bunch of kids who shouldn't be traded.

Honestly, only players who could be interesting to other teams and even somewhat realistically traded are Hakanpää and Rakell. Teams would be interested in giving assets for them. Heinen and Hutton could be traded for like 4th rounders or something. Hakanpää and Rakell could get a good return at least. But, do you want to trade a defenceman who plays well with Fowler and has been a nice surprise? And do you trade away a forward who has been one of the few players who can do something with the puck? Tough choices as there are no players who could immediately replace them.

I don't know what kind of moves Bob is going to pull this season. Doesn't seem like there's much to trade.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So, who gets traded this year? No one wants Grant this time. Hutton? Heinen? Spare parts for contending teams. Manson is injured and is harder to trade. Rowney is out so not him either. Milano hasn't done anything and is injured. Getzlaf, Backes, Fowler and Lindholm are not going anywhere and neither are Gibson or Miller. No one is going to take on Henrique's contract and I doubt Silfverberg interests anyone either at the moment. Shattenkirk or Larsson? Lol. Then there are a bunch of kids who shouldn't be traded.

Honestly, only players who could be interesting to other teams and even somewhat realistically traded are Hakanpää and Rakell. Teams would be interested in giving assets for them. Heinen and Hutton could be traded for like 4th rounders or something. Hakanpää and Rakell could get a good return at least. But, do you want to trade a defenceman who plays well with Fowler and has been a nice surprise? And do you trade away a forward who has been one of the few players who can do something with the puck? Tough choices as there are no players who could immediately replace them.

I don't know what kind of moves Bob is going to pull this season. Doesn't seem like there's much to trade.

I mean at this point it has to be at least half a dozen players that need to part ways. That includes, imo, Henrique, Hutton, Larsson, Heinen, Steel, and hate to say it, since he is a fan favorite, Silfverberg.

I really would like to keep Hakanpaa and Rakell around unless the return is really good, and I mean throw a team over a barrel good. This team needs a 1C badly.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

As much as we all like Hank, I don't think his value is all that high around the NHL right now. If traded, we'd be lucky to get a 6th IMO. Not saying we should deal him, just saying that if he was dealt, that's probably the maximum that we'd get.

Would only deal Ricky this TDL if the offer was astoundingly good. A late 1st in this 2021 draft doesn't really excite me at all, there needs to be a significant add IMO.

Veterans on short term deals, Hank and Getz excluded, can be sold for whatever we can get.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Just about any of the vets, .. Especially Gibson. Love the guy, but he's being completely wasted right now. We're just too far away from being good for most of these prime+ guys (Gibby, Silf, Rakell, Manson) to be worth keeping if we can get a return for younger, promising guys. I know we need to keep some vets around, but we won't be blowing them all out.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I mean at this point it has to be at least half a dozen players that need to part ways. That includes, imo, Henrique, Hutton, Larsson, Heinen, Steel, and hate to say it, since he is a fan favorite, Silfverberg.

I really would like to keep Hakanpaa and Rakell around unless the return is really good, and I mean throw a team over a barrel good. This team needs a 1C badly.

I don't disagree with you (except maybe give Steel more time), but just 'cos Ducks need to get rid of these guys, doesn't mean they can get rid of them. Henrique and Silfverberg are difficult and they are probably offseason moves rather than trade deadline moves. Hopefully Seattle is interested in either one.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't disagree with you (except maybe give Steel more time), but just 'cos Ducks need to get rid of these guys, doesn't mean they can get rid of them. Henrique and Silfverberg are difficult and they are probably offseason moves rather than trade deadline moves. Hopefully Seattle is interested in either one.

Wonder if they can woo Boston with Silfverberg for a DeBrusk trade.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
As much as we all like Hank, I don't think his value is all that high around the NHL right now. If traded, we'd be lucky to get a 6th IMO. Not saying we should deal him, just saying that if he was dealt, that's probably the maximum that we'd get.
get.

Yeah, he's not going to fetch a first rounder and prospect, that's for sure but I think he would get more than Henrique, Grant and the rest of the guys I mentioned. Super cheap and steady defensive defenceman is a nice add for the playoffs. I definitely believe he would get more than a 6th as a return.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Don't think it has been mentioned here yet.. Friedman had this to say about Rakell on his latest 31 Thoughts podcast, about 11:20 into it, "The price of Rakell, I'm not so sure Toronto is going to be in on that. I could be wrong again, I know I'm putting myself into position to get clobbered if certain things come true, I've heard the price on Rakell is going to be, like maybe Anaheim thinks Toronto doesn't have what it wants."

He goes on to say at 14:50, "I'm not so sure Anaheim is going to deal Rakell [...] I'm not convinced they're going to do it."

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Don't think it has been mentioned here yet.. Friedman had this to say about Rakell on his latest 31 Thoughts podcast, about 11:20 into it, "The price of Rakell, I'm not so sure Toronto is going to be in on that. I could be wrong again, I know I'm putting myself into position to get clobbered if certain things come true, I've heard the price on Rakell is going to be, like maybe Anaheim thinks Toronto doesn't have what it wants."

He goes on to say at 14:50, "I'm not so sure Anaheim is going to deal Rakell [...] I'm not convinced they're going to do it."

If they would, I can't see TOR having the pieces for it. At least none they would want to move.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I don't want to get rid of him, but if the choice was promote him to GM or let him go I'd have to take the latter. The new GM needs to be someone from outside the organization with a fresh perspective.

Why couldn't someone within the organization have a fresh perspective. Its not like Madden calls the shots, who knows how much he would deter from the status quo if he was.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
You can promote Madden to be GM which would be fine, but this organization needs some fresh insight from the outside.

This team needs a whole different dynamic.
Not sure why we wouldn’t even bother to give madden a shot at gm for a year or 2. These upcoming drafts are supposed to be really good. Who cares if we’re poop for 2 more years, realistically we weren’t gonna do anything for the next 2 years anyways might as well see what madden is made of in that time period. If he doesn’t work out we can also get someone new

Tony O

May 31, 2011
I think mostly everyone can agree that Madden and his amateur scouting team is excellent. No need to change that part of management. In fact, I'd be fine with moving Madden into the GM position. It is the pro scouting side that sucks with all of Murray's cronies from his Chicago days. Which is why I think he and the pro scouts need to go before this rebuild really starts. Easier said than done, I know. The Samueli's reluctance to not fire people before their contracts are up is problematic too.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Is Dylan strome someone you would considered trading for? Chicago won’t be able to keep him due to cap.... I actually kinda think he is solid honestly better than any of our centers right now, not that that’s a high bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad