Сanada win again next all-stars tournament ?

Сanada right now unbeatable team?

• Total voters

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
If you mean the next olympic tournament, what are we discussing, 2030 or so? If we mean the next Mickey Mouse tournament with alot of stiff players in the preseason, I think team "Sideburns" or team "Goofy" will win it.

If you force me to pick, I go with team "Goofy", or maybe team "Those who eat pasta on thursdays." as a dark horse.

As long as the NHL are in charge of international hockey, Canadian hockey can think about all the legit international trophies they could've won if hockey was considered a sport and not an entertainment industry in the claws of corporate America.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
AAAA -Russian roster for example looks like

Bobrovsky,Vasylevsky,Sorokin

Ovechkin-Kuznetzov-Radulov
Panarin-Malkin-Kucherov
Gusev-Namestnikov-Dadonov
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Kaprizov
Tkachyov/Anisimov-Tarasenko

Voinov-Orlov
Zaytsev-Provorov
Sergachyov-Zadorov
Kulikov
Why isn't Tarasenko higher in your lineup?

Reactions: Matte99

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If you mean the next olympic tournament, what are we discussing, 2030 or so? If we mean the next Mickey Mouse tournament with alot of stiff players in the preseason, I think team "Sideburns" or team "Goofy" will win it.

If you force me to pick, I go with team "Goofy", or maybe team "Those who eat pasta on thursdays." as a dark horse.

As long as the NHL are in charge of international hockey, Canadian hockey can think about all the legit international trophies they could've won if hockey was considered a sport and not an entertainment industry in the claws of corporate America.

I think you'd do well to understand that the Olympics are just as if not more corporate than the NHL at this point.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Gaudreau-Matthews-Wheeler
Boeser-Eichel-Kane
Keller-Larkin-Kessel
Tkachuk-Trocheck-Pavelski
DeBrincat

Werenski-Jones
Suter-Carlson
Ghost-Byfuglien
McAvoy

Quick
Hellebuyck

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

The NHL has certainly been a detriment to international hockey.

Reactions: heksagon

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
They would’ve been Sochi-level unbeatable this year.

In 2020 they’ll be the clear favourite but beatable.

In 2022 they’ll be the best team but not exactly a clear favourite. But that’s as far as they’ll fall I think.

USA and Finland are on their way to building exciting, well-rounded teams that challenge for gold every time. Sweden has the best defense and will never be bad at forward.

I see some interesting best on best tournaments ahead.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Canada's defense will be atrocious in 4 years time. Sweden, USA blows Canada out of the water on the backend. Vlasic on our top 4 is laughable. Drew Doughty will be 33, Subban will be pushing 34. We have no stud dman coming up the pipeline that even comes close to the Americans and Swedes.

Atrocious? really?? Canada will have options on D, the #1 pairing for Team North America at the WCOH was Rielly-Parayko for example. People say these kinds of things all the time, players emerge out of nowhere and fill the void, they always have. 2 Canadian defenders under 25 years old put up 50+ points this season.

Morgan Rielly (23) - 76 GP, 6G, 46A, 52 points

Matthew Dumba (23) - 82 GP, 14G, 36A, 50 points

Dougie Hamilton (24) - 82 GP, 17G, 27A, 44 points

Aaron Ekblad (21) - 82 GP, 16G, 22A, 38 points

You even look at Tyson Barrie (26) - 68GP, 14G, 43A, 57 points.

Shea Theodore is 22 and he's looking pretty good for the Golden Knights, 23 year old Josh Morrissey for the Jets. 25 year old Miller of the Bruins put up 40+ points this year, 24 year old Montour on the Ducks etc etc.

Thomas Chabot is obviously a great developing young defender at 20 years old.

Whose to know how much further these these guys develop in the next 4 years, or rather 2 years as thats when the next WCOH is going to be. My point is that guys always pop up and earn their way to the A team.

PS I didn't know that 32-33 is considered old men for defenders, 32 year old Alex Pietrangelo will still be excellent as will Doughty come 2022.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Atrocious? really?? Canada will have options on D, the #1 pairing for Team North America at the WCOH was Rielly-Parayko for example. People say these kinds of things all the time, players emerge out of nowhere and fill the void, they always have. 2 Canadian defenders under 25 years old put up 50+ points this season.

Morgan Rielly (23) - 76 GP, 6G, 46A, 52 points

Matthew Dumba (23) - 82 GP, 14G, 36A, 50 points

Dougie Hamilton (24) - 82 GP, 17G, 27A, 44 points

Aaron Ekblad (21) - 82 GP, 16G, 22A, 38 points

You even look at Tyson Barrie (26) - 68GP, 14G, 43A, 57 points.

Shea Theodore is 22 and he's looking pretty good for the Golden Knights, 23 year old Josh Morrissey for the Jets. 25 year old Miller of the Bruins put up 40+ points this year, 24 year old Montour on the Ducks etc etc.

Thomas Chabot is obviously a great developing young defender at 20 years old.

Whose to know how much further these these guys develop in the next 4 years, or rather 2 years as thats when the next WCOH is going to be. My point is that guys always pop up and earn their way to the A team.

PS I didn't know that 32-33 is considered old men for defenders, 32 year old Alex Pietrangelo will still be excellent as will Doughty come 2022.

Karlsson
Dahlin
Hedman
Ekman Larsson
Klingberg
Larsson
H. Lindholm
Ekholm

Seth Jones
Werenski
Macavoy
John Carlson
Cam Fowler
Hanifin
Trouba

The youth speed skill on the backend of these guys easily trumps anything Canada brings in 4 years unless some of our young upcoming dman step up.

BrainyBomber

Apr 1, 2018
USA in basketball definitely unbeatable team .
Wrong even the Dream Team lost in the 2004 Olympics multiple times and settled for bronze.

No one is unbeatable. The 2014-16 Canadian Hockey Team is as close to one that we have seen in hockey. Thanks to Bettman we don't know if they still are.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Wrong even the Dream Team lost in the 2004 Olympics multiple times and settled for bronze.

No one is unbeatable. The 2014-16 Canadian Hockey Team is as close to one that we have seen in hockey. Thanks to Bettman we don't know if they still are.
Yes okay! But the US-Basketball is extremly dominant in World. More than Canada in hockey.

BrainyBomber

Apr 1, 2018
This is true. In general and on paper Canada almost always has the strongest team and since the NHL began has always supplied over half its players but the other big 5 nations are much closer to it than America's competitors in basketball.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Finland Now

Patrik Laine - Aleksander Barkov - Mikko Rantanen
Mikael Granlund - Mikko Koivu - Joonas Donskoi
Erik Haula - Sebastian Aho - Teuvo Teräväinen
Kasperi Kapanen - Valtteri Filppula - Joel Armia
Artturi Lehkonen
Jesse Puljujärvi

Esa Lindell - Rasmus Ristolainen
Olli Määttä - Sami Vatanen
Markus Nutivaara - Miro Heiskanen
Sami Lepistö - Julius Honka

Pekka Rinne
Tuukka Rask
Antti Raanta

Finland 2022 Possibly

Patrik Laine - Aleksander Barkov - Mikael Granlund
Kaapo Kakko - Sebastian Aho - Mikko Rantanen
Eeli Tolvanen - Henrik Borgström - Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Kristian Vesalainen - Erik Haula - Kasperi Kapanen
Teuvo Teräväinen
Jesse Puljujärvi

Miro Heiskanen - Rasmus Ristolainen
Esa Lindell - Sami Vatanen
Olli Juolevi - Olli Määttä
Urho Vaakanainen - Juuso Välimäki

Juuse Saros
Antti Raanta
Tuukka Rask

Top-3 forwards.

Defencemen are lightyears behind Kanada, USA and Sweden.

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
Top-3 forwards.

Defencemen are lightyears behind Kanada, USA and Sweden.
Of course Finland haven’t as good defensemen as those 3 countries but I still wouldn’t say lightyears away from them. All of Finland’s defensemen are still to reach their prime, and in 4 years Finland hopefully have 8-12 defenders that play regularly in NHL. But as said not Top-3 but not as far away as you indicated.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Not unbeatable, wrong choice of words. But that roster would still be the clear favorite to win. Sweden and the USA would definitely challenge for it.

Heads would roll if they send mickey mouse garbage instead of a Swiss team that can actually semi regularly draw or best some top 6 teams, and try explaining to people that the current Olympic silver medalist doesn't deserve a team. Then there are also legitimate teams in Latvia, Denmark and Slovakia. Seriously, f*** the NHL sometimes.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Karlsson
Dahlin
Hedman (27)
Ekman Larsson (26)
Klingberg (25)

Larsson
H. Lindholm
Ekholm (27)

Seth Jones
Werenski
Macavoy
John Carlson (28)
Cam Fowler (26)

Hanifin
Trouba

The youth speed skill on the backend of these guys easily trumps anything Canada brings in 4 years unless some of our young upcoming dman step up.

Wait you're contradicting yourself, you brought up how old and atrocious Canada's D is going to be, and speak about youth, but then when arguing in favour of the Swedes and Americans having better D than us moving forward you bring up some of their players who aren't even that young??? yet don't do the same for Canada?

Especially for Sweden, a lot of those guys you listed are going to be in their 30's come 2022 as well. I mean you mention Carlson for the Americans as a 27 year old but you don't include Subban at 28? you include Seth Jones but don't talk about Morgan Rielly who is the same age and had a near identical season to him? You mention Werenski who is 20 but don't bring up Ekblad who is 1 year older and had 1 more point than him this season?

Ryan Pulock had an identical season to Noah Hanifin, why don't you bring up Pulock? Brandon Montour had an identical season to Charlie McAvoy etc etc why don't you give credit to Canada's young guys too? it's a clear there is an anti-Canada defence narrative you're desperate to push.

Therefore if you want to be fair you need to create a similar list for Canada.

Doughty (28)
Pietrangelo (28)
Barrie (26)
Rielly (23)
Dumba (23)
Ekblad (21)
Hamilton (24)
Parayko (24)
Manson (26)
Myers (27)
Miller (25)
Ellis (26)
Pulock (23)
Montour (23)
Chabot (20)

So NO, Canada's defence will not be "Atrocious" come 2022.

Last edited:

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Wait you're contradicting yourself, you brought up how old and atrocious Canada's D is going to be, and speak about youth, but then when arguing in favour of the Swedes and Americans having better D than us moving forward you bring up some of their players who aren't even that young??? yet don't do the same for Canada?

Especially for Sweden, a lot of those guys you listed are going to be in their 30's come 2022 as well. I mean you mention Carlson for the Americans as a 27 year old but you don't include Subban at 28? you include Seth Jones but don't talk about Morgan Rielly who is the same age and had a near identical season to him? You mention Werenski who is 20 but don't bring up Ekblad who is 1 year older and had 1 more point than him this season?

Ryan Pulock had an identical season to Noah Hanifin, why don't you bring up Pulock? Brandon Montour had an identical season to Charlie McAvoy etc etc why don't you give credit to Canada's young guys too? it's a clear there is an anti-Canada defence narrative you're desperate to push.

Therefore if you want to be fair you need to create a similar list for Canada.

Doughty (28)
Pietrangelo (28)
Barrie (26)
Rielly (23)
Dumba (23)
Ekblad (21)
Hamilton (24)
Parayko (24)
Manson (26)
Myers (27)
Miller (25)
Ellis (26)
Pulock (23)
Montour (23)
Chabot (20)

So NO, Canada's defence will not be "Atrocious" come 2022.

We all saw how terrible Ekblad looked at the IIHF. Reilly doesnt hold Seth Jones jockstrap. Similar points or not. That gap will only widen in 4 years. Your more then welcome to start a poll Jones versus Reilly... Carlson is a full 2.5 years younger. That's a big difference once in your 30's. It gets pretty desperate once you start including Ryan Pulock in an potential olympic coversation.

I am pro Canadian but what's coming up the pipeline on our backend lacks star quality. Having a bunch of solid young defenders doesnt equate to having stud star type defenseman that Sweden and the USA are churning out in recent years and moving forward. Most of our defenseman are coming out of the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Where is that cant miss top 3 pick Canadian defenseman ? Yes atrocious was maybe the wrong word to use. It will still be good but not at Sweden or USA level.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I have to agree about Canada's defense being a disaster, unless something unforseen happens. Sweden and US are miles ahead

Fortunately, Canada's 4th line will probably be good enough to match up against anyone else's 1st line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad