GDT: Питсбърг Пенгуинс срещу Каролина Хърикейнс (BG version)

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Ferland and Martinook look both on track to pass Lindholms 16 goal production from last year :)

Svech, too.

We won because our goalie was better. It's fun to get to say that every now and then.

And not to take anything away from our newly-found sniping ability, but Murray kinda sucked tonight. He got a big chunk of Martinook's goal, could've done better on Pesce's and didn't give a bleep about Svechnikov's. I love us scoring goals, but it's nice to catch a cold goalie every now and then.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I like that Rod hasn't fixed his nose. It's a badge of honor for him, but I sure as hell would have if I had his kind of money.

As someone who just recently understood that I’m probably allergic to something and it’s not normal to not be able to breathe out of your nose half the time, I’m concerned for his airways.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
So I missed the game and am just now watching the highlights. On the Svech goal, is it just me or did it seem like the play moved so slow? Didn't seem like Svech had to skate hard or make a bunch of quick stickhandles, looked like he just glided right by everyone.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Gm53 @pit: Led by the return of Curtis McElhinney, Canes collect huge 4-0 win over Pens to start road trip

by Matt Karash | Feb 5, 2019 | The Drive Home

Jaccob Slavin

There is no way to measure or rate it, but if I had to wager a biased guess, I would say that Slavin would easily be among the top 5-6 defensemen in the entire league in terms of quickness defending in 15-20 foot spaces where a couple quick strides are the difference. He uses that ability to step up and interrupt the puck defending the blue line and uses it every which way to aggressively attack the puck against even the shiftiest forwards. If there was a statistic for “interrupting the puck” Slavin would have had a huge night on Tuesday in that regard.
Gm53 @Pit: Led by the return of Curtis McElhinney, Canes collect huge 4-0 win over Pens to start road trip | Canes & Coffee

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I know Martinook said that was a "complete game" but there's a lot to TT and Ferland's line that leaves me wanting a lot more.

There's not a lot intensity there right now and I don't get it.

Seems like our 2nd line is more whoever Svech and Martinook are playing with at any given point and I would take that as a little embarrassing if I was them

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I know Martinook said that was a "complete game" but there's a lot to TT and Ferland's line that leaves me wanting a lot more.

There's not a lot intensity there right now and I don't get it.

Seems like our 2nd line is more whoever Svech and Martinook are playing with at any given point and I would take that as a little embarrassing if I was them

The thing your looking for on that line is a legit 2C, not Wallmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->