GDT: Неу Яорк Рангерс @ Каролйна Хурриканес - Tolchinsky Editio

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Yeah, but we didn't "steal" their team, we stole the crap-ass Hartford Whalers, who aside from a couple isolated good years, continued to be pretty much crap-ass and second-rate on a consistent basis until just recently.

Up until that last season the Nordiques were just as crap ass as the Whalers. No small feat as the Whalers were quite crap ass.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yep. In fact the Nords were the frigin Oilers before the Oilers. HF would be having an absolute field day with them if it was around back then.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Up until that last season the Nordiques were just as crap ass as the Whalers. No small feat as the Whalers were quite crap ass.

I know that, I'm just saying, there's no direct line that justifies the spitefulness. To tweak an analogy I already used once again, if somebody comes along and steals your car, does that mean you have the right to go steal somebody else's car?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
There's no way the Canadiens trade Roy to their provincial rival: and there's no way the Avs win their first Cup without Roy.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I know that, I'm just saying, there's no direct line that justifies the spitefulness. To tweak an analogy I already used once again, if somebody comes along and steals your car, does that mean you have the right to go steal somebody else's car?

But in your analogy wouldn't the Hurricanes already have stolen someone else's car?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
But in your analogy wouldn't the Hurricanes already have stolen someone else's car?

Yeah, and if Hartford fan wants to be spiteful, I'd say they're entitled to it. That has nothing to do with Quebec though, other than the usual "Hockey doesn't belong in the souf" BS nonsense that we have to listen to all the time from the supposedly more "enlightened" folks here.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
we all know who *really* owned chara

there used to be a clip of this set to the "log" song from ren & stimpy, that was ****ing hilarious, but i could not find it

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Good lord that is atrocious commentating. That's Pipsqueak Maguire, isn't it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad