GDT: Неу Яорк Рангерс @ Каролйна Хурриканес - Tolchinsky Editio

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
This was an entertaining one.

I've noticed Ryan seems like he's always in the perfect position defensively and offensively. Smart player.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I'm curious what the hell they ruled on that Rask goal to make it unassisted when clearly it should have been from Faulk and Lindholm. Usually you only see plays like that go unassisted when it was deemed the other team had possession at some point in that jumble.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The "bad rebound" was a whiffed clear attempt but the Ranger in front of the net. He hit the puck head on, but not hard enough. They should change it though.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, it took a couple looks, but it was definitely a failed clear by Girardi. But honestly, he didn't have possession long enough to be taking assists away.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Oh wow that explains it. The optics on that one were tricky. Faulk def deserves a point on that by common sense. Hopefully they give it to him.

Yeah, initial look seemed like it was just a weird rebound either off the Rangers D or Lundqvist. Failed clear, yeah that makes more sense how it was THAT wide open.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
That was fun. Had a legit fist pump on the last goal, knocked over my can of Pringles on the recoil. The doggies ate well tonight.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
Definitely one of the best atmospheres and most entertaining games all year.

Even if it was half filled will with Rags fans, having that many fans in the seats makes a world of difference.

It also seems that Canes fans consistently step up to the challenge and get really loud and involved when there is a hostile takeover attempt at PNC.

There was some great back and forth banter going on around my section.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Well, in fairness to them, they did lose the Nordiques just as the Avs were getting ready to win two of the next six Cups.

Yeah, but we didn't "steal" their team, we stole the crap-ass Hartford Whalers, who aside from a couple isolated good years, continued to be pretty much crap-ass and second-rate on a consistent basis until just recently.

Don't get me wrong, I guess the highs were worth the lows, but damn if that's not been an awful lot of lows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->