OT: Ã‰cole de Hockey de la Capitale

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced their summer hockey camps. They just opened registration for next year:

http://ecolehockeycapitale.com/les-programmes/programmes-pour-les-joueurs/

My son is turning 10 next year (atome = squirt?) and I was planning to send him there for a week.

Particular questions:

- Do you recommend sharing a room or not? I'd like him to improve his french but there's no guarantee his roommate will speak french and it may be more of a distraction imo.

- It looks like meals are included but is it sufficient food for a hungry boy or will he need some spending money?

- Which of their programs would you recommend? I'm looking at EHC II or power skating since he needs to improve his skating...

Any do's and don'ts or other suggestions?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced their summer hockey camps. They just opened registration for next year:

http://ecolehockeycapitale.com/les-programmes/programmes-pour-les-joueurs/

My son is turning 10 next year (atome = squirt?) and I was planning to send him there for a week.

Particular questions:

- Do you recommend sharing a room or not? I'd like him to improve his french but there's no guarantee his roommate will speak french and it may be more of a distraction imo.

- It looks like meals are included but is it sufficient food for a hungry boy or will he need some spending money?

- Which of their programs would you recommend? I'm looking at EHC II or power skating since he needs to improve his skating...

Any do's and don'ts or other suggestions?

Skating is the key at his age.
If he can find a nice fluid stride it will carry him a long way going forward.
The rest is really hard to give advise on...
Except stressing the language thing it will be a total distraction a 10 year old won't need. :laugh:
I guess just make sure he understands to have fun he will pick up some rudimentary french on his own.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
I went there, but it was 25 years ago and I was from QC so I didn't stay at the dorms.

I loved the power skating, even though it was hard and hurt like hell the next day.

The regular coaches were...adequate at the time and it was disappointing when 90% of the NHLers that were supposed to show up didn't. I did get to learn stickhandling from one of my fav players at the time, P. Stastney, so that was cool.

Overall, it was alright. I improved a bit. I hear they have better instructors now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad