THE TOP 25 NBA PLAYERS EVER
These are my top 25 NBA players ever, they are listed in alphabetical order, and I will write a brief thumbnail about each player. This article is dedicated to Elgin, Kobe, and my son Sean.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is one of the 5 best players ever. His skyhook is the greatest weapon in league history. This is why he’s the all time leader in points with 38,387. The Hall of Famer is a 19x All-Star, won 6 titles, was 15x All NBA, 11x All Defense, and won 6 MVPs. Kareem is King.
- Charles Barkley or Sir Charles or The Round Mound of Rebound is one of the smartest and funniest players in history. He was also a helluva ball player. No one had ever seen a player with his combination of size, strength, and speed before. The Hall of Famer led the Dream Team in scoring, was an 11x AS, and was 11x All NBA.
- Elgin Baylor was the original Jordan offensively. The Hall of Famer put up a magnificent 27.4 points per game which is 3rd all time, was an 11x AS, and 10x All NBA.
- Larry Bird - In his first 7 seasons The Hick from French Lick won 3 titles and 3 MVPs. The Hall of Famer also is a 12x All Star and 10x All NBA.
- Kobe Bryant was known as Black Mamba or Kobiashi. He was the most fun, exciting player to watch since Jordan. The Hall of Famer was an 18x All Star, won 5 titles, was 15x All NBA, 12x All Defense, and is 4th on the all time scoring list.
- Wilt Chamberlain could do whatever he wanted on the court. The former Harlem Globetrotter scored 100 points in a game, averaged 50.4 PPG one season, averaged over 30 PPG for his career, averaged 27.2 RPG one season, is the all time leading rebounder with 23,924, and even led the league in assists with 702 in 1967-68. The Hall of Famer is a 13x AS, 7x Scoring Champ, 11x Rebounding Champ, was 10x All NBA., and is 7th on the all time scoring list.
- Tim Duncan is one of the best PFs ever. The Hall of Famer is a 15x AS, won 5 titles, is 15x All NBA, and 15x All Defense.
- Kevin Durant is an 11x AS, 9x All NBA, and averages over 27 PPG. He’s 27th on the all time scoring list, but I won’t be surprised if he ends up top 16 all time.
- Julius Erving or Dr J was the most exciting ABA and NBA dunker pre-Jordan. The Hall of Famer was a 16x AS, 7x All NBA, the best ABA player ever, 5x All ABA, and is 8th on the all time scoring list.
- Walt Frazier or Clyde is probably the 2nd best defensive guard ever behind Jordan. The Hall of Famer is a 7x AS, 6x All NBA, and 7x All Defense.
- Kevin Garnett is one of the best big man defenders ever. The Hall of Famer is a 15x AS, 9x All NBA, and 12x All Defense,
- John Havicek is the best 6th man ever, but he’s also one of the best players ever. The Hall of Famer is a 13x AS, won 8 titles, 11x All NBA, and 8x All Defense,
- Elvin Hayes is simply one of the best big men ever. The Hall of Famer is a 12x AS, 6x All NBA, and top 12 all time in scoring.
- LeBron James led the Lakers to the title last season. He’s a 17x AS, 16x All NBA, 6x All Defense, and in 3rd place on the all time scoring list.
- Magic Johnson and Bird saved the NBA. It had been decided that 4 teams were gonna fold, but they reversed that decision. The Hall of Famer was a 12x AS, won 5 titles, was 10x All NBA, and is top 5 all time in assists.
- Michael Jordan is the best ever. The Hall of Famer is 14x AS, 10x Scoring Champ, won 6 titles, is 11x All NBA, 9x All Defense, 6x Finals MVP, won 5 MVPs, and is #1 all time in PPG.
- Karl Malone is 2nd on the all time scoring list. The Hall of Famer is 14x AS, 14x All NBA, and his symbiotic relationship with Stockton and scoring prowess helped make John the all time leader in assists.
- Moses Malone is one of the best big men ever and his addition to the 82-83 Sixers helped make them arguably the best single season team ever. They only lost 1 playoff game in Magic and Bird’s 4th season in the league! 4,5,4! The Hall of Famer is a 13x AS, 6x Rebounding Champ, 8x All NBA, and is 9th on the all time scoring list.
- Dirk Nowitzki or Tall Baller From the G is 6th on the all time scoring list, a 14x AS, and 12x All NBA.
- Hakeem Olajuwon put on clinics against opposing centers such as Ewing and Shaq. The Hall of Famer is the best international player ever, a 12x AS, 12x All NBA, and 9x All Defense.
- Shaq O’Neal is the biggest player ever. The Hall of Famer is a 15x All Star, 14x All NBA, and 10th on the all time scoring list.
- Bob Pettit is one of the best big men ever. The Hall of Famer averaged 26.4 points and 16.2 rebounds, was an 11x AS, 11x All NBA, and shot over 76% from the line.
- Oscar Robertson had 1 season where he averaged 12.5 RPG, 11.4 APG, and this was before they started keeping track of triple doubles! They started that when Magic and Bird entered the league in 79. The Hall of Famer was a 12x AS, 6x Assist Champ, and 11x All NBA.
- Bill Russell won 11 titles in a 13 season career. The Hall of Famer was a 12x AS, 11x All NBA, 5x MVP, and averaged 22.5 RPG!
- Jerry West or Zeke From Cabin Creek was one of the best shooters ever. Among SGs only the dunker Wade has a better FG%. The Hall of Famer was a 14x AS, 12x All NBA, and 5x All Defense.