Zykov will play in NHL or his nhl career is done?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think his contract will be mutually terminated and he'll either sign with an AHL club or go to the KHL.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
He has 4.5 months left on his $675k contract. He's losing ~$169k during suspension.

Some depends on his desires/actions, some on VGK/Foley.

He's currently in the NHL/NHLPA substance abuse program. (It is described, in general, in the CBA, but as there's a cloak of secrecy, so unless the player goes public and describes what he went through, we fans don't know all it entails.) Could be following the 12 step program, counseling, education (as well as nominal training to keep in shape); he may or may not be allowed to use VGK equipment (or at least not when the main guys are, so might have to be there at 5am or something).

Would you trade a player because he was drunk? That's kinda the same thing (substance abuse). Do you give the guy another chance? (Might depend on how contrite he is. The statements that came out when this went down weren't very apologetic.)

Can he convince the organization to keep him? Can he convince the coaches and players to take him back and work with him? Can he get the fan support (back)?

If the organization no longer wants him, they can trade him, loan him (to KHL), waive him; or convince him to mutually terminate contract. (Or they could literally tell him to go home and continue paying his salary.) (Can't be bought out.) They would not get much value from trade (literal bag of pucks) and be out about $200k in salary for a few games.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's too many questions than can all more or less be wrapped up with the understanding that the team more or less threw Zykov under the bus when the suspension broke.

An amicable reunion isn't impossible but I don't think it's very likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad