Speculation: Zuccarello to Buffalo

DON VITO

Mar 19, 2014
Germany
Botterill told the media yesterday that he want to be faster on the Wings,

If the Rangers are looking to get younger,
what are the Rangers needs?
What's the assumed asking price?

Zuccarello could be a perfect winger for Eichel or (if he's not tradet) ROR.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Botterill told the media yesterday that he want to be faster on the Wings,

If the Rangers are looking to get younger,
what are the Rangers needs?
What's the assumed asking price?

Zuccarello could be a perfect winger for Eichel or (if he's not tradet) ROR.

He'd be ok to fill a hole for a year, but the Sabers would let him walk as a UFA. So the price the Sabers would be willing to pay for that would be minimal. The Rangers would probably be more successful trading to a contender or even a deadline deal.

Reactions: Chainshot

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
It really makes no sense. The Rangers would be looking for picks or youth. They're int he same position the Sabres are in. We do need to get faster but we're not in the position to be adding on veteran contracts unless it's really the right fit. It should be D first and then finding speed in the secondary market or by developing it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I hope this happens please continue to ignore drafting and development and continue to trade for your big parts it's worked out so well for you.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
If the cost is right... Buffalo sure could use a stop gap top 6 winger with speed/offensive skill.

If NY expects prime prospect/picks... then No.

So you want a 60 pt winger without giving up a prime prospect or pick ??? The Rangers are not going to give him away and neither would any other team .

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
So you want a 60 pt winger without giving up a prime prospect or pick ??? The Rangers are not going to give him away and neither would any other team .

I’d do something like a lesser young NHLer with term/control... along with. 2nd and/or B prospect

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
I’d do something like a lesser young NHLer with term/control... along with. 2nd and/or B prospect

Then i`m afraid Buffalo will not be getting Zucc , he is an excellent playmaking winger that is cost controlled and plays in all situations . I can see a team giving up a first for him .

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
No. I like the guy too much to exile him to Buffalo. He doesn't need chicken wings. He doesn't need pop. He is doing fine without Wegman's. He can live without eating beef on a weck. I don't want him to go there. I want him to win. I would rather keep him and deal him to a team that is a contender at the deadline.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think there's a strong possibility that Zucc will be traded by the draft. Florida and Dallas seem like more likely destinations, though Dallas won't want to give up their 1st with the draft being in Dallas. Perhaps the deal could include their 2019 1st.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I don't know. I think it would be a mistake to trade him. You need some good vets on the roster and on the team. Of course, if Kovalchuk signs and somehow they get Tavares, you could make the case his salary will be moved.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just how have they ignored drafting ? 2 big trades one a win, one a loss. smh.

Well lets see.

Drafted Eichel so that's 1, drafted Risto so that's 2, and I"ll give you reinhart even though I don't think he's met expectation given where he was picked but we will make him 3.

Ahem Now

Traded for ROR
Traded for Evander Kane, then traded him.
Traded a 1st for Robin Lehner, Bosser went 2 picks later.
Traded for Marco Scandella
Signed Kyle Okposo
Traded for Jason Pomminville
Traded for Zach Bogosian
Traded for Matt Moulson then dealt him then gave him 5X5 as a UFAnow he's in the AHL.

do you see a pattern? they have spent all the money and failed, they have tried the quick fix over and over

They have mostly ignored drafting and development

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad