Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Please keep the rules of this forum in mind. Do not post from non-legitimate sources Do not post information from sources you claim to have unless you go through our vetting process.

If you have questions about becoming vetted PM a mod and they will be happy to help you.

Anyone breaking these rules will be infracted and/or banned from the thread.

Thanks.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Please keep the rules of this forum in mind. Do not post from non-legitimate sources Do not post information from sources you claim to have unless you go through our vetting process.

If you have questions about becoming vetted PM a mod and they will be happy to help you.

Anyone breaking these rules will be infracted and/or banned from the thread.

Thanks.

But giving our opinons, even if they're based off such information, is fine. Isn't that correct?

Last edited:

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think he's doing a bit better, but I think there's a really good chance we won't be seeing him the rest of this season.

I think there's a chance we may see him in the next round, or finals should we make it that far.

I believe they just may be keeping out of this round for precaution reasons, even if he COULD go.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
In my opinion Zucc does not feel well right now.

I think it's down to two scenarios: Either he has a concussion and a broken bone, like the jaw or something like that. If it's the skull they'd go public with it because he'd miss the rest of the season for sure. I think at least. Or, it's a more serious concussion/bleeding that is hard to predict what's really going on with and how fast he will recover. The later is more scary since its not as mechanical as a broken bone.

Would be suprised if it's just a normal concussion since they declared that he won't return against Washington. And we have at least one vetted source that is telling us that it's somewhat serious (BBK).

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I think there's a chance we may see him in the next round, or finals should we make it that far.

I believe they just may be keeping out of this round for precaution reasons, even if he COULD go.

I'm confident enough to put money down on it; that you ain't seeing him any time in the remotely immediate future. Chances are you're not quite that confident in your position ;)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I think it's down to two scenarios: Either he has a concussion and a broken bone, like the jaw or something like that. If it's the skull they'd go public with it because he'd miss the rest of the season for sure. I think at least. Or, it's a more serious concussion/bleeding that is hard to predict what's really going on with and how fast he will recover. The later is more scary since its not as mechanical as a broken bone.

Would be suprised if it's just a normal concussion since they declared that he won't return against Washington. And we have at least one vetted source that is telling us that it's somewhat serious (BBK).

Hopefully it is not hemorrhaging because that is very serious inside the skull. A fracture on top of a concussion could be likely, and that's certainly a no go for the rest of the playoffs.

Either way this team needs to find a way without one of its best offensive threats for the foreseeable future.

*Bob Richards*

Where'd you go?
I miss you so,
Seems like it's been forever,
That you've been gone.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Hopefully it is not hemorrhaging because that is very serious inside the skull. A fracture on top of a concussion could be likely, and that's certainly a no go for the rest of the playoffs.

Either way this team needs to find a way without one of its best offensive threats for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't worry about a fracture.

But we'll definitely have to figure out how to make up for his heart, passion and puck possession ability etc. But this team has persevered all season. So I'm confident they will here too.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm confident enough to put money down on it; that you ain't seeing him any time in the remotely immediate future. Chances are you're not quite that confident in your position ;)

Depends on how much...;)

Either way, let's just hope he's fully healthy and can play hockey again, even if he misses the rest of the playoffs. That's more important than anything.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Depends on how much...;)

Either way, let's just hope he's fully healthy and can play hockey again, even if he misses the rest of the playoffs. That's more important than anything.

I'm good with any amount you'll throw out there lol.

But wholeheartedly agreed in relation to the latter sentiment.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
May I ask who BBK is though? Is it someone who's identity is known? I have no idea, like if for regular posters here it's common knowledge etc.
I have no idea (just like i have no idea who you are, etc). If he is vetted though, the admins knows who he is, that is what matters :)

This is his last post on the matter :)

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I have no idea (just like i have no idea who you are, etc). If he is vetted though, the admins knows who he is, that is what matters :)

This is his last post on the matter :)

Pfft, I know far more information than that :p:

But yes, they must know who he is. Just didn't know if it was common knowledge or not is all. Thanks!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Zuccarello didn't make the trip to Washington this afternoon. This should tell you everything you need to know.

sfox7076

Oct 3, 2011
I have to tell you, but if it was a brain hemorrhage, he would still be in the hospital (OK, maybe not, but he would have been there more than over night). I won't speculate about what it might be, but I think people should all calm down. If there was no chance he would return before the playoffs ended, I am pretty sure either Zucc or the team would announce what he had.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zuccarello didn't make the trip to Washington this afternoon. This should tell you everything you need to know.

It doesn't say much more than he is better off not traveling with the team for 3-4 days.

This my source says this and my source says that is kind of insulting to Zooks. I have had multiple concussions. Odds are even his own doctors did not have a firm prognosis or timetable a day or two after the game yet we had arm chair doctors on this board claiming all sorts of things according to their nameless sources.

I'm hoping for the best for him as a person first and foremost.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I have to tell you, but if it was a brain hemorrhage, he would still be in the hospital (OK, maybe not, but he would have been there more than over night).

How do you know he wasn't? All you know is that he was there for at least one night. Not only one night. The only accurate thing you said above was the "Maybe Not" part.

I won't speculate about what it might be, but I think people should all calm down.

I don't exactly see a bunch of people hyped up or anything. Where are they exactly? People are simply assessing based on what they know. And some know more than others (clearly).

If there was no chance he would return before the playoffs ended, I am pretty sure either Zucc or the team would announce what he had.

Lol yeah, so doesn't work that way. Sorry. Not to mention the end of the playoffs is still pretty far away. I wouldn't think anyone could say 'definite' at this point, only highly unlikely at best, since you never really know. But I don't recall reading anything from anyone implying a sense of 'definite' anyway.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
It doesn't say much more than he is better off not traveling with the team for 3-4 days.

This my source says this and my source says that is kind of insulting to Zooks. I have had multiple concussions. Odds are even his own doctors did not have a firm prognosis or timetable a day or two after the game yet we had arm chair doctors on this board claiming all sorts of things according to their nameless sources.

I'm hoping for the best for him as a person first and foremost.

We're all hoping the same.

And no, none of it has been insulting to Zucc at all. Mostly, it's been out of respect and care.

And all I'll say is, that in the end if those 'armchair doctors' were 100% right, I would hope you would give them their due; which really I think simply means withdrawing your critique.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
In addition to infractions and thread bans being issued immediately to anyone who posts unverified information, this is a good time to remind everyone to report but not reply.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

What does this tell us aside from he's not playing game 3-4? They don't fly to Washington, they take the train, so it's not like we can even look at that as anything.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
What does this tell us aside from he's not playing game 3-4? They don't fly to Washington, they take the train, so it's not like we can even look at that as anything.

Even knowing he's not playing game 3 or 4, do you not think he'd want to be with the team if he was otherwise capable? Especially if it's only a short train ride?

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

They flew to Washington today, like they fly most everywhere else. On their personal Boeing 737 out of Westchester County Airport.

If Zuccarello wasn't injured, or just slightly injured, he would be around the team, at MSG for home games and traveling with them.

Him not traveling by plane or being anywhere else but home and resting, suggests his injury needs time to heal and any of the things mentioned above would be detrimental to him getting better.

Out indefinitely means something significant.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
We're all hoping the same.

And no, none of it has been insulting to Zucc at all. Mostly, it's been out of respect and care.

And all I'll say is, that in the end if those 'armchair doctors' were 100% right, I would hope you would give them their due; which really I think simply means withdrawing your critique.

I personally do not believe in guessing about a players brain injury. There are only a handful of possibilities so no I will not be giving any due to any poster guessing about a person's brain injury. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and this situation has much less possibilities. If a poster has personally spoken with Zooks or Zooks doctor than that person can say so. Speculation about a trade rumor or contract is one thing. Speculating about a brain injury is totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad