Rumor: Zuccarello Close to Signing 2 or 3 Year Contract

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
dude isnt even a top 50 prospect on this site.... hes gonna be a decent physical dman in the mold of jeff beuk or even a guy like hal gill. neither of which are difference makers. im sorry.

Yeah, screw Beauk and Gill. Dudes never won squat and never helped their teams win anything.

Hockey's Future top 50 >>>>>>> all.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
anyone who would choose mcilrath over tarasenko at this point, seeing what vlad did in the khl- broke scoring records and how he played and scored as a rookie in the nhl- lead the league as a pure rook, and given this organizations general lack of top end offensive skill is puzzling, to say the least.

The choice to take McIlrath over Tarasenko was made 3 years ago. Everyone else has long since gotten over it.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
oh ive watched him plenty jon. "great skater" ??? please stop.

buncha random stuff and lolololols

Do you read my posts before you respond? Where did I ever say he was a great skater, period? I said he's a great skater for his size. And that's absolutely true. Compare his skating and his size to guys around the league and he is easily one of the best.

We get it. You don't like the pick. You want a bunch of Russians on the team. We understand. Don't outright lie about stuff to suit your "argument," though, man. You're better than that.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
14 other teams also passed on Tarasenko. For such a can't miss prospect a lot of other teams were pretty dumb too.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
tarasenko will score 30 goals per year as an nhl top 6 forward. book it.

Werent you the guy who predicted stardom for Enver Lisin also?

I would stop making any predictions if i were you.They make you look foolish.

Lets wait and see what we have in McIlrath

ETA and back on original topic:i'm not a big Zuc fan,but for the right price,it cant hurt to bring him back.I just question how he can hold up over a full 82 game schedule plus playoffs.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
I will be extremely disappointed if the signing of Moore and Pouliot spells the end of Zuccarello in NYC. I've always liked MZA, even though his initial performance was underwhelming. Last year he earned a spot on this roster, IMO, and showed that he can be an effective NHL player. I really want to see what he can do under the wing of a more offensive-minded coach.

This team better be dropping some dead weight before letting MZA walk, or trading him. He's got real potential to bring more offense, I believe.

The argument above reminds me of this neurotic dog I had as a kid. She had this bone that she was given which she loved to gnaw on, and it turned nasty after a while, but she wouldn't let anyone near it; she got extremely aggressive and violently defended it, even though she normally had the sweetest disposition. After a few months it was no longer nasty, and none of us cared about it at all anymore much less bothered to try and take it, but she still growled and snarled whenever anyone walked somewhat near it until the day she died.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Guys, this is not a McIlrath thread.

Sorry I responded to a post. My bad. I should not have done that.

Back to Zooks. If we look at the likely points produced up and down the lineup our top scorer will possibly be at 60-70 points. We can not afford to give up 45 points from a guy that could play both wings, on 3 different lines, PP, and shootout.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Sorry I responded to a post. My bad. I should not have done that.

Back to Zooks. If we look at the likely points produced up and down the lineup our top scorer will possibly be at 60-70 points. We can not afford to give up 45 points from a guy that could play both wings, on 3 different lines, PP, and shootout.

That is how I feel as well. Just too much versatility and skill to give him away for nothing. I find it hard to believe they couldn't get something for his rights if they didn't want to re-sign him...

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
That is how I feel as well. Just too much versatility and skill to give him away for nothing. I find it hard to believe they couldn't get something for his rights if they didn't want to re-sign him...

And he's cheap. He's an RFA with arb rights and we'll probably be able to sign him for 1.25 mil. That kind of cost vs. production is hard to find outside of an ELC.

Bardof425*

yes. by a large margin.

This is a clear TBD. Since neither has played one minute in the NHL, any "opinion" as to who will be better is highly speculative and so "by a large margin" is probably too strong even for an opinion. Add the Russian factor and this becomes less credible.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I agree. Where can we get 45 points and a guy that can play either wing to replace him for 1.2 million?

Our team does not have star scorers.

Our first line scorers (Hags-Step-Nash) are probably only going to be at 45-65 points.

Our 2nd line will probably be 40-55 point guys.

Nash will make 9 mill and probably be around 65 points.

BR will make 9 mill and probably be in that 50-60 point range.

We have a lot of guys that will only score 10-20 points next season.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

ETA and back on original topic:i'm not a big Zuc fan,but for the right price,it cant hurt to bring him back.I just question how he can hold up over a full 82 game schedule plus playoffs.

hmmm 2013 join date

referencing 2009

nyr5186

May 12, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
I agree. Where can we get 45 points and a guy that can play either wing to replace him for 1.2 million?

Our team does not have star scorers.

Our first line scorers (Hags-Step-Nash) are probably only going to be at 45-65 points.

Our 2nd line will probably be 40-55 point guys.

Nash will make 9 mill and probably be around 65 points.

BR will make 9 mill and probably be in that 50-60 point range.

We have a lot of guys that will only score 10-20 points next season.

It's not fair to set limitations on our offensive potential. We have some serious talent up front. Stepan was close to a point per game last season and improving every year. Nash, tough playoffs aside, still is a beast to play against and racks up points. Callahan can score 30 goals if healthy. Richards has the talent to put up 80 points. He has done it many times. He needs to be in the best shape ever both physically and mentally to regain his form. And then you have other guys like Brassard and Hagelin and Kreider and Zuccarello who have talent and are looking to find consistency. Plus we have good skating defensemen that can get the puck up ice and on the sticks of our skilled players. If things come together with a new coach, especially our power play, and I'm not saying they will but they might, we have the potential to have a good offensive team, on top of a young deep d core and probably the best goalie in the world. Recipe for success. Zuccarello is a very affordable piece in the puzzle, albeit tiny. He's good value. You don't drop the ball on this. Get him signed.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
he was concussed last year. it happens. saying that is the reason his production tailed off DUH !! and then i guess implying that in some way thats a problem with him as a player ??? is just plain Pejorative Slured. im sorry.

anyone who would choose mcilrath over tarasenko at this point, seeing what vlad did in the khl- broke scoring records and how he played and scored as a rookie in the nhl- lead the league as a pure rook, and given this organizations general lack of top end offensive skill is puzzling, to say the least.

tarasenko will score 30 goals per year as an nhl top 6 forward. book it.

the value of what dylan mcilrath can bring to this team is soooo over valued here its not even funny.

dude isnt even a top 50 prospect on this site.... hes gonna be a decent physical dman in the mold of jeff beuk or even a guy like hal gill. neither of which are difference makers. im sorry.

It's been a long time man. I'll credit you your persistence and respect your opinions....but time will tell. Did we do this last summer too?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It's not fair to set limitations on our offensive potential. We have some serious talent up front. Stepan was close to a point per game last season and improving every year. Nash, tough playoffs aside, still is a beast to play against and racks up points. Callahan can score 30 goals if healthy. Richards has the talent to put up 80 points. He has done it many times. He needs to be in the best shape ever both physically and mentally to regain his form. And then you have other guys like Brassard and Hagelin and Kreider and Zuccarello who have talent and are looking to find consistency. Plus we have good skating defensemen that can get the puck up ice and on the sticks of our skilled players. If things come together with a new coach, especially our power play, and I'm not saying they will but they might, we have the potential to have a good offensive team, on top of a young deep d core and probably the best goalie in the world. Recipe for success. Zuccarello is a very affordable piece in the puzzle, albeit tiny. He's good value. You don't drop the ball on this. Get him signed.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy so I appreciate your optimism. I just look at things more based on their past history and their current age. I could see Step at 65-75 points given that he is on the upswing. I do not see BR at 80 points. In his last 2 seasons he has been in the 60 plus point range. I agree that Hags, Kreider and Brass have talent but I'm also realistic about their prior point production. I leave Kreider out because he is unproven. 50 points for Hags and Zooks would be good seasons. Brass career high is 47 so 55 points would be a nice season for him as well. Nash for his career is usually in that 60-70 point range. Cally almost scored 30 before but even then his career high was 54 points. If every player on our team can max out that would be great but I'm just trying to speak for what is more likely than the absolute best case scenario.

Hags-48
Step-74
Nash-70
Cally-55
Brass-55
Richards-60
Zook-48
Pyatt-20
Boyle-30

Unknown:
Kreider
Pouilet

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011

hold up how? He did play an entire year's hockey in the KHL and then with us and then the POs which is more than any NHL schedule could yield.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
hold up how? He did play an entire year's hockey in the KHL and then with us and then the POs which is more than any NHL schedule could yield.

Good question. I believe he had to be near 80 combined NHL/AHL games in his rookie year as well.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway

Good question. I believe he had to be near 80 combined NHL/AHL games in his rookie year as well.

According to Eliteprospects:

2010/2011 - 81 games, 20+34 = 54 points and a combined +6.
2011/2012 - 47 games, 14+25 = 39 points and a combined +5.
2012/2013 - 78 games, 17+30 = 47 points and a combined +11.

http://http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10881

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
July 8th:6:28PM:*Zuccarello’s agent told the*NY Post*that they are still anticipating signing with the Rangers and are not yet looking at offers in Europe.

nyr5186

May 12, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
Hags-48
Step-74
Nash-70
Cally-55
Brass-55
Richards-60
Zook-48
Pyatt-20
Boyle-30

Unknown:
Kreider
Pouilet

I think when you count how strong we are at the back end and in goal, you can have a legit contender with an offense like that. None of the last three Cup winners have had a player score more than a point per game during their playoff run. Boston's leading scorer in the '10-'11 regular season had 62 points. All three teams however had depth throughout the lineup. Everybody contributed. And they got hot at the right time. In Chicago's case, they were hot pretty much all season.

I still think Richards has a bounceback in him. He's not that old. 33. Plenty of guys have had tough stretches in their careers only to rebound with solid seasons. With Brad, its a confidence thing. We're one year removed from a fantastic late season/playoff run from him. Unfortunately we've seen him struggle more than succeed, but he still has the skills to be an excellent playmaker. I think he's good for more than 60 points next season. I truly believe it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hopefully we do right by the kid, he's been cooperative with us so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad