Value of: Zuccarello at the draft

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
????

we are talking about Zuccs who has scored 20+ goals once in his career right?

Tatar has done it 3 times so far and this year should make it 4 and since 2012/13 season Nash has had 20+ in 5 out of 6 season

last 5 season goals scored for zucc is
19-15-26-15-10

Of Nash, Tatar and Zuch--Zuch has the fewest goals and at the end of the day--it is the guys who score goals the guy you pay to get--Unless you are suggesting Zuch is a modern day Adam Oates or something

I'm talking about the guy that has averaged 57 points the last 4 years running where Tatar hasn't touched it once.

Nice try though.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'm talking about the guy that has averaged 57 points the last 4 years running where Tatar hasn't touched it once.

Nice try though.
Zucc also being a better two way guy
Idk who Tatar played with/where he played but Zucc doesn’t play 1st line mins, plays with ok players to spread out the offense. Massively underrated. People saying he won’t get 1st+3rd+prospect? Look at what Nash got, Zucc is tiers above Nash, he’s a fan favorite as well. I’m not sure I want to trade him, our RW depth is terrible. Unless there’s an overpayment, I want to keep Zucc to mentor younger players

Reactions: ZiGOODejad and Ori

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
2 2nds or a 2nd and good (not bluechip) prospects.
So less than what inferior players got this deadline.

166.gif

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I'd love to have Zuc on the Stars, dont think we could offer the asking price. Rangers should offer an extension he's a good leader for the youngins

Yes, true, but he need to be interested in a rebuild as well and I`ve not heard anyone who have asked him that question. You can`t demand players to stay who have played playoffs for the last 6 years, and suddenly we have 50 + SOG each game now when the rebuild plan is active after Ryan Mc. was moved. He might be interested to be part of the reubild, but I think it depends how early we draft in the summer.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Yamamoto is not Rangers material. Great actor and scubadiver tho.

Zucc stays unless he asks for a move, and then some team will have to cough up a 1st+

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I’d say rangers tell teams he’s avail at draft if they see a kid they like avail . IF not he’s around till the trade deadline

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I don't want to see him traded, he brings more value to the Rangers than anyone would be willing to pay for. Plus he should be captain and a role model for the youth.

This is what should happen. The more likely scenario is that Staal is not bought out and gets the C or Kreider. Perhaps in the near future Skjei get's it.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Zuc does not require overpay, massive or otherwise, but has legit value, and will command a decent return, not something subpar.

As to deals w/non playoff teams, which I took to mean was direct w/out players passing through waivers, I don't know --- I have no prob with a deal w/any one now, and EDM's $ --- assuming it is sufficient --- is as good as anyone else's.

I posted this in another thread re Oil ditching Lucic nothing retained. Got a whopping 2 no from Oil fans, who did not identify realistic payment for taking on Lucic's 6 x 6 albatross, particularly given he could turn into Drury 2.0. Nor did they acknowledge Zuc, but they ignored Andersson + ADA +. It is pertinent here, because it fits thread title Zuc to Oil. Another package, similar or less complex, is also possible, but let's see where we stand on this one.

for Lucic zero retention, IMO this is what it would take

Lucic 6m x 6 + Puljujarvi + .925 x 2 + 2018 + 2019 1sts, both unprotected
for
Smith 4.35 x 4 + Zuc 4.5 expiring + Andersson .925 x 3 + DeAngelo 863,333 x 2
rough cap dif is approx 10.5+ from NY to 6.9 so NY will take an acceptable body or 2 to balance cap

EDM
- loses the worst deadweight, without retention
- gets Zuc for now, first dibs to extend, speed + top 6 either W as needed
- solid F chip to pivot 2nd line [3rd if Drai is C] = improves depth makes easier to move RNH for other stuff, and he is ready now, good value vs a draft selection coming on board later; just beginning elcs
- RD w/talent who has progressed once here, another build chip
- LD Smith is albatross, but showed last yr in POs he could play well, then showed up fat and out of shape. Conceivable he could return to form, which is not possible w/Lucic, who has too much wear and tear

NYR
- 2 shots 2 good drafts, although w/this trade 2019 EDM should not be lottery pick
- Pulj hopefully = top 6 W.
- hope that MAYBE - a risk no guarantees - Lucic can be amnesty buyout IF that is made available next CBA

Just no, way too much going on here again. Let's keep Andersson and DeAngelo around for a few minutes shall we?

Reactions: Rangers_23

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
????

Tatar has done it 3 times so far and this year should make it 4 and since 2012/13 season Nash has had 20+ in 5 out of 6 season

19-15-26-15-10

Of Nash, Tatar and Zuch--Zuch has the fewest goals and at the end of the day--it is the guys who score goals the guy you pay to get--Unless you are suggesting Zuch is a modern day Adam Oates or something

I see you have no clue who Zucc is.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Glad to see posters from other teams evaluate Zucc the same way I do.

Rangers should resign him and give him the "C".

SOMEBODY
has to have that responsibility. A small reason McD was traded was that he was like Drury and Leetch. Lead by example, but didn't step on toes when need be. How many games did we see this year where Lundqvist or Zuccarello were the ones skating up and down the bench yelling at guys to get their crap together? The only other player that vocal in the past couple years was Stepan and he's gone.

Zuccy bleeds blue. Plays the game bigger than his size, yet avoids injury because of his balance and skating ability.

If Zuccarello were to be traded, he would be a crazy get for a team in the top 10 in the draft that has a Superstar talent that can score. Zucc is a wizard at puck possession along the boards and behind the net. Put him on McDavids line and McDavid will be the league scoring leader with no contest and you'll probably see a 15-20pt gain in Zuccarellos overall total yearly.

The deal I'd be looking at, not necessarily Edmonton. Is Zuccarello and one of our acquired 1st rd picks for a top 5 1st from a team who is stocked with young players and previous high talent 1st's and is looking to take a jump next season. There have to be at least 2 GM's on the hot seat looking to make that jump where another young player isn't needed and they have a hard time signing FA's.

We get: Top 5 pick

They get: Zuccarello and lower 1st.

If Stepan and Raanta could pry 7th OA + ADA from PHX last year. No reason Zuccarello +1st couldn't get us a similar value or even 1-2 spots higher.
Zuccarello is highly valued around the league. GM's gush over him as much as possible in interviews without saying anything that would infer tampering.

That said: I want him to stay. He definitely wants to stay and Managment loves him. He goes if a can't resist deal is presented. That deal has to be a top 5 pick because no-one is giving up half developed top tier prospects as was seen the past TDL.

Reactions: dumpin and Ori

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
????

19-15-26-15-10

I think you are mistaking hockey for soccer, where goal scoring metrics would be a good value for a Forwards overall value.

Zucc is a pass-first playmaker who's been around 60p 3 out of the last 4 years on a Rangers team with no legit goal scorers outside of Nash who fell down a scorers cliff 3 years ago. He's also won the internal point contest 3 out of those 4 years, and should be top of the team this season aswell, miserable as it may be.

I want Zucc to remain in NYR and wear the C, that's my pipedream. But if he is dealt, the hockey fan in me would be thrilled to see him on a team with McDavid, Stamkos, Malkin, or any of the likes. Norway don't have a lot of good hockey players, but it would be so much fun to just have one of them play with legit stars of the game among the forwards.

Reactions: klingsor

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
One of the most underrated players in the game. I surely wouldn't give him away for anything short of a 1st at least and I think GMs realize that too.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
This is what should happen. The more likely scenario is that Staal is not bought out and gets the C or Kreider. Perhaps in the near future Skjei get's it.
I doubt it - Lias Andersson is Rangers future captain. :)

MSG will riot if they move Zucc - it`s a dangerous situation for Gorton if the rebuild plan struggles the next two years and Zucc hit 70 + pts. and record year in a new franchise with a sniper on his line. Gorton should at least wait after 2018 draft and aim for a sniper/scoring winger and profit.

I don`t know what is going to happen, but it`s exciting nonetheless. ;)

And Oilers need to win later this evening since they only have 58 pts!. ))

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
You guys can twist Zuch all you like

the value on players who get assists and fancy stats(you can ask Arizona fans how key fancy stats is to winning)

end of the day you need people who can put the brisket into the basket ---first or second passing players need someone to get the puck to because they are not pure goal scorers and their value is not as high

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I don't see him getting moved. He's going to be here to lead the rebuild and teach the yutes the right way to play the game. If he does go next deadline he'd command at least a 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad