Zucarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
You know what I've realized?

When I hear the name Zuccarello now, I think to myself "I hate that little scrub from Norway and never want to hear his name again". And the reason is because of these boards. Not because of anything Zucc did. I don't hate him. I wanted him to succeed. Because I'm so sick of people talking about this fringe talent like it's going to somehow be the magic bean that grows our team into a Cup contender. SO tired of it.

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
Especially if they don't plan on having Kreider playing he has a spot. Hell, he works much better in the 3rd line spot than Kreids. Without zucc I really think we need Kreider playing regardless or what we may want for his development.

And I will give you two more words.
Power play.

BarbaraAlphanse

When I hear the name Zuccarello now, I think to myself "I hate that little scrub from Norway and never want to hear his name again". And the reason is because of these boards. Not because of anything Zucc did. I don't hate him. I wanted him to succeed. Because I'm so sick of people talking about this fringe talent like it's going to somehow be the magic bean that grows our team into a Cup contender. SO tired of it.

Actually, despite never living up to much hype, Zuccarrello was a big part of our push late last season. Incredibly enough, he made our power play much more dangerous too and seemed to have figured out all of the defensive requirements that got him sent out of here in the first place. It was incredibly unfortunate that he broke his forearm because he was actually very effective for us.

This team is in need of severe power play help and creativity OUTSIDE the first line. That's my reasoning behind this post and ultimate desire to see him back on this team again.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
If Bickel can get a spot, there's room for zuc...

btw; after seeing Yakupov's celebration of his OT goal and how he ran away from his team mates and celebrated alone while sliding on the ice, I kept thinking of zuc's celebration on his OT goal, where he ran towards all the players and the bench..THAT's called team player..

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
It wouldn't be the worst idea. Last year he had a hard time cracking the line up because we didn't have any space in the top 6 and Zucc is not a bottom 6 player. This year we have a gaping hole in our top 6.
I know the Nash Richards Gaborik line has the potential to be beastly but then we wouldn't have consistent secondary scoring. If we were able to bring him back from Russia we could run a Nash Richards Callahan, Zucc Stepan Gaborik top 6. Plus we could play Zucc on the point on the PP and let Richards Nash and Gaborik work the front. Nash and Callahan would probably work nicely because Nash brings the puck to the front and draws defenders to him, Callahan can grab rebounds or be in position for passes from Nash. Zucc could get Gaborik the puck and thus spread out the scoring to two lines, with our secondary scoring on line 3 with Pyatt Boyle Hagelin. Of course, this would mean Kreider has to get sent down for more seasoning, which wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm not sure how it would work, but is it not possible to loan Kreider to another AHL team (maybe someone can give me clarification on this one) because the Whale don't seem to have enough skill guys to help Kreider develop

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010

This.

And I am Norwegian!

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
If Bickel can get a spot, there's room for zuc...

btw; after seeing Yakupov's celebration of his OT goal and how he ran away from his team mates and celebrated alone while sliding on the ice, I kept thinking of zuc's celebration on his OT goal, where he ran towards all the players and the bench..THAT's called team player..

I agree.

But as far as I know Zuke is unavailable for the Rangers until his season with Mag ends?

But he could definetely contribute in the PP.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
One great pass on the PP isn't going to save this team (and the PP).

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
our players giving a s**t? I honestly don't know, if I would, I'd probably coach a hockey team.
Seriously, I liked Zuccarello, still do for Magnitka.
But a) it's not exactly as if he had been the 2nd coming of Messiah during his stint here. He was a 0.5 PPG player, who had a lot of hype around him. And b) I don't know where we would put him in our lineup. Top 6 looks solid as it is. Bottom 6 is designed to be big and mean. We could use some speed there, and as far as I remember, Zucc wasn't exactly the speediest guy.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
First of all; Zuke does not have a contract with the Rangers. They only have his rights if he decides to return to the NHL. He will have to sign a contract, but do not have to go through waivers.

Second; He has an NHL clause in his contract with Magnitogorsk, but this clause is not in effect until the end of the KHL season.

End of the KHL season depends on how far the go in the cup. At the earliest around march 10th. At the leatest late April.....

Placid

Feb 17, 2010

yeah, im at the point where i cringe when i see a thread topic with his name, because its going to bring out the same old love/hate posts. If he had been a Ranger, then fair enough, but he isnt any longer.

Focus on the players that are on the roster :)

Apr 10, 2012
if kreider stays in the minors zuke would fit on the 2nd or 1st line w/ hagelin demoted... 2 grinders(cally/pyatt) in our top six does not work and we could use speed(hagelin) in the bottom six.

but the point is mute because zuke won't be avail til after his season and by then it'll be too late and kreider or hags will have filled the position

nash/stepan/zuke
pyatt/richards/gaborik
hagelin/boyle/callahan
rupp/halpern/asham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad