Confirmed with Link: Zubrus Unconditionally Released

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
when you make a ridiculous claim on a public message board, you should expect to be called out for it.

Zubrus was a very, very good middle six player and PKer for a long time with the Devils. so because he never won a Cup, he isn't memorable? and you don't see how thats an outlandish statement to make? :laugh:

I think you're blinded by the love of your team. I understand that. I've looked at a lot of "trade rumors and FA talk" posts involving NJ players and you always overvalue NJ players. Our forwards have been bad for quite some time. It's not that he wasn't part of a cup team, it's that he was part of just a bad team. Yea, we had the 1 run to the SCF, but outside of that it's been dismal for a while.

I don't see how it's outlandish. I think you're looking at NJ forwards w/ rose-colored glasses. He should have been gone 2-3 seasons ago if he wasn't tied to a horrific contract.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I think you're blinded by the love of your team. I understand that. I've looked at a lot of "trade rumors and FA talk" posts involving NJ players and you always overvalue NJ players. Our forwards have been bad for quite some time. It's not that he wasn't part of a cup team, it's that he was part of just a bad team. Yea, we had the 1 run to the SCF, but outside of that it's been dismal for a while.

I don't see how it's outlandish. I think you're looking at NJ forwards w/ rose-colored glasses. He should have been gone 2-3 seasons ago if he wasn't tied to a horrific contract.

I think youre thinking of someone else quite frankly. if anything, I undervalue our players. if you think I look at this team with rose colored glasses, you certainly don't read my posts.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
I think youre thinking of someone else quite frankly. if anything, I undervalue our players. if you think I look at this team with rose colored glasses, you certainly don't read my posts.

Well, we'll agree to disagree. No hard feelings here.

Bottom line, I didn't dislike Zubrus as a person, just as a player. He really was a laughing stock last season. Then again, so was most of this offense. That being said, I'm glad we're moving in a different direction.

Here's hoping Elias, Ruutu, Gionta, Clowe get the same treatment next offseason. I do have a soft-spot for Patty, but his time is up. This HAS to be his final year in the NHL for his reputations sake.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
It's sad to see him go but it was definitely time to move on from him. He was one of my favorite forwards since we signed him from the start. The guy was a warrior and would do anything you asked of him. Thank you for your service Zubie!

Reading that makes me hope he can latch onto a contender as a 13/14th forward. I could think of worse guys to have around. Maybe San Jose with DeBoer/Larry having first hand experience with him? Although they look like they have a full squad depending on Raffi Torres' status.

That would be awesome. I hope he does stay in the NHL. It would suck to go out this way.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
As long as he doesn't end up on a team I loathe I will be rooting for his team this season. I hope he finds a spot on a contender.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Easily one of my favorite Devils ever. Just a total beast along the walls. His statistics may have not always shown it, but he was a really strong player for us up until these last couple years.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Yeah LAK should have let us have that one, especially since they got one again anyway two years later.:laugh:

LAK were such spoil-sports there. :laugh:

That run was still fun as hell. It's just too bad we never got to see that team again.

Oh, it was definitely a fun run with great memories. It's just a shame that it didn't end with a Cup and that team got dismantled so quickly.

ryangib

May 4, 2009
She's my girlfriend's best friend and she may be getting sent home from work for how upset she is. No joke. She was also as obsessed with Gomez. This has been a hard off season on here while it's been awesome for everyone else haha.

Is she single?

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
We are getting younger and the lack of UFA forwards signed and trades made indicate it is time for the youth to put up or shut up.

Zubrus was a good soldier it seems. The club saves about $1M in real money, Zubrus gets paid and isnt scratched nor sent to Albany which increases his chances of signing elsewhere, and most importantly this opens up roster space.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I personally think the best part would've been seeing a 40 year old Marty lifting the Cup one more time.

Would've been one hell of a side-by-side with his pic from '95.

Would have been a storybook ending to his career.

I think he would have retired that summer if they won the Cup in 2012.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Zubrus is gone, not one of my favorite Lou hires but he was great in the locker room, really worked the corners, was willing to do what ever was asked of him.

I wish him the best. Maybe some team will pick him on the cheap but I doubt it, unless DeBoer wants him for top line play.

Big pay cut $3M to $1M, I know who can't live on a $1 but it depends on standard of living. For me that would be going from $50,000 to $17,000 I couldn't do it.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Zubrus is gone, not one of my favorite Lou hires but he was great in the locker room, really worked the corners, was willing to do what ever was asked of him.

I wish him the best. Maybe some team will pick him on the cheap but I doubt it, unless DeBoer wants him for top line play.

Big pay cut $3M to $1M, I know who can't live on a $1 but it depends on standard of living. For me that would be going from $50,000 to $17,000 I couldn't do it.

um, :laugh:

I'd say thats a bittttttt different, wouldn't you?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
um, :laugh:

I'd say thats a bittttttt different, wouldn't you?

I wish Zubrus no disrespect, he has earned his money and still has a life in front of him. I hope he saved well. Different maybe but same percentage of cut. I love to earn $1M. I would probably spend $900,000 on the health of animals and live on $100,000 and would buy a new truck of course after taxes the actual would be lower in reality. Just saying. This month I have to pay $3,300 for insulin for a 90 day supply because I am in the GAP. but then I will get it cheaper because I will be in Catastrophic coverage and that's cheaper How could I do that on $17,000. I can't.

Do you live in Zubrus's range, before or after?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->