Znaroks lousy coach?

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I agree. Znarok's demeanor has always been horrible, e.g making throat cutting gestures. Bykov was a true professional.

Znarok is a 'simple Russian man' as many Russian fans term it. He's a rough around the edges and straight to the point, no beating around the bush kind of guy. For hockey, it's not bad and I have to admit, sometimes I do like his antics because he is behind the team and he does care a lot. However, he never takes responsibility for defeats and tends to scuff off criticism as if it's not justified. He also tends to be rude. I don't have the impression that he's as educated about hockey as coaches in Canada, for eg. someone like Bykov I think is more intelligent and more capable of understanding tactics, plus he'd be a better role model for the team.

Last edited:

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
It is not that much coaching it is your Russo-Slavic mentality, be happy about that. There is no going back to the discipline of CCCP red machine. Tic tac toc - Zhaiba!

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
It is not that much coaching it is your Russo-Slavic mentality, be happy about that. There is no going back to the discipline of CCCP red machine. Tic tac toc - Zhaiba!

Well, actually, Russia's 2 goals were CCCP-style goals. It's not the mentality, it's just the quality of Canada's team these days, no one can really challenge them.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Being team Russia's coach isn't an easy task. Huge national pressure, loads of star players and individuals in- and outside the team. Not succeeding with team Russia won't make you a bad coach right away.

It's a tough job, and as always in sports, you need to be lucky too.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Well, actually, Russia's 2 goals were CCCP-style goals. It's not the mentality, it's just the quality of Canada's team these days, no one can really challenge them.

Yeah, that is the point. But it is not as disciplined and programmatic as in Soviet times. It has that uncontrolled artistic aspect in it. And it is not enough usually. Not against a powerhouse like Canada.

A tight game. You COULD have win if..

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
At least you play the MOST BEAUTIFUL hockey when on your game. Not necessarily most structured, effective ir straightforward but aesthetic. Poetry on ice which is the way you want it. And fitting and natural to a nation with all the ballets and swan lakes!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, he could've picked Sorokin but do you think Sorokin would've done that much better?

I'm not talking about Sorokin. He should've stuck with Vasilevskiy. Vasya is Russia's best goalie.

I'm talking about other goalie situations like what he did in the playoffs this year, and his #2 goalie decision for this tournament.

I'm not a fan of the guy. Its mostly because of my own biases, and I don't pretend otherwise.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I vote for Bragin

My god.
I have the utmost respect for Bragin, but his hockey is terrible. Ok to have them with juniors where motivation is much more important, but I don't want him anywhere near our national team.
We tend to play well when we play our game, like today in second period.
Bragin is just another [MOD] coaches that won't go nowhere with our players.
We need a Bykov pt. 2, and it won't be easy to find another one.

Last edited by a moderator:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Bykov is a rare animal. Somehow he reminds me of Dino Zoff.. as a coach and as a personality.

Different sports but..

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Bykov is a rare animal. Somehow he reminds me of Dino Zoff.. as a coach and as a personality.

Different sports but..

Why to reach? He is Russian's Raato Summanen rather. Rather Raato. Hah. Though Raato is quite an intellectual also. Boh.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Why to reach? He is Russian's Raato Summanen rather. Rather Raato. Hah. Though Raato is quite an intellectual also. Boh.

Well, then we must agree to disagree.

Raato Summanen: unintelligent, destructive, fragile, short-sighted, exhausting, mentally challenged..

Bykov: intelligent, constructive, natural leader, team oriented, mentally strong..

Or, at least that's just the image I have. Might be wrong too.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Well, then we must agree to disagree.

Raato Summanen: unintelligent, destructive, fragile, short-sighted, exhausting, mentally challenged..

Bykov: intelligent, constructive, natural leader, team oriented, mentally strong..

Or, at least that's just the image I have. Might be wrong too.

Oh Bykov. Interesting. I was talking about this Znaroks dude (the name of whom sounds like some serpent of Tolkien 's tales of the Middle Earth). Sorry, my bad! Too tired. :laugh:

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
He got a funny name though! Sound like something they come up to for star trek or something. The attack of the Znaroks!

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The nostalgia some fans have for Bykov is hilarious. He was chased out of the NT with pitchforks. Now they miss him.

These people think that Bykov will return the NT to former glory because he's intelligent and clean cut or some nonsense. He won't. Coaches do not have the ability to dramatically transform ingrained institutional and economic problems.

We can complain about little things like not playing Kucherov enough and Plotnikov too much. But this is not why they failed to hold the lead today. Bykov is not the quick and simple band-aid solution you are looking for.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
He got a funny name though! Sound like something they come up to for star trek or something. The attack of the Znaroks!

Gollum and Znaroks,
two nasty creatures
waited in the shadows
two mean features
sitting in the depths of Misty Mountains
for Bilbo Baggins to return
to the underworld fountains.
Gollum and Znaroks,
two nasty creeps
played the dice
and killed time and mice
meanwhile in the deeps...:laugh::D

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Gollum and Znaroks,
two nasty creatures
waited in the shadows
two mean features
sitting in the depths of Misty Mountains
for Bilbo Baggins to return
to the underworld fountains.
Gollum and Znaroks,
two nasty creeps
played the dice
and killed time and mice
meanwhile in the deeps...:laugh::D

Ha ha ha :D

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Znarok isn't lousy coach.
He's done something ( coached his country to world championships gold medal) what Lauri Marjamaki won't never do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad