zjh Mock

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
My first mock, constructive criticism is welcome.

1. Edomonton Ryan Nugent-Hopkins C Red Deer Rebels WHL
Oilers get their coveted 1st line center. Hard to pass up on Larsson here but the Oil take the BPA.
2. Colorado Adam Larsson D Skelleftea Sweden
When a defenseman of this caliber falls into your lap, you don’t let him get away from you. Talk all you want about the Avs positional needs, but this guy is the complete package.
3. Florida Jonathon Huberdeau LW Saint John QMJHL
Tallon gets to add an amazingly skilled player that can play the wing and center. Will be a machine with Howden and Bjugstad in a couple years.
4. NJ Sean Couturier C Drummondville QMJHL
With smaller skill forwards such as Zach Parise and Ilya Kovalchuk the Devils go with a big strong center. This guy can do it all.
5. NYI Gabriel Landeskog LW Kitchener OHL
The Isles add a character forward that can also put the puck in the net. Will be a nice compliment to Johnny T and Nino. They could get Dougie but would rather take Landy, who will provide leadership, and he is NHL ready.
6. Ottawa Ryan Strome C Niagara OHL
The Sens add the best scoring forward available. Now all their D prospects will have someone to pass to.
7. Winnipeg Mika Zibanejad C Djurgardens Sweden
The Jets could really use another solid prospect up front. This kid is a beast. Just a great all-around player, will have 1-2 more years of development before primetime.

8. CBJ Dougie Hamilton D Niagara OHL
Columbus finally gets their blue chip prospect on the backend. Starting to put together a strong group of young players. A lot of people have Murphy here but I think the BJ’s just need to take the best defenseman available.
9. Boston Ryan Murphy D Kitchener OHL
The Bruins get a puck moving defenseman they desperately need. The biggest boom-bust project of the draft.
10. Minny Nathan Beaulieu D Saint John QMJHL
The Wild have been a team well known for their lack of scoring. That being said they aren’t overly strong in any particular area. They take their BPA and get a big, strong skating, 2 way defenseman.
11. Colorado Sven Bartschi LW Portland WHL
The Avs take a high energy winger that isn’t afraid to go to the dirty places to score. A little on the small side but his character and skill more than make up for it.
12. Carolina Joel Armia RW Assat Finland
The Canes could use a dependable scoring winger. Although Armia is inconsistent, his pure talent, and good frame make him a potential star.
13. Calgary Mark McNeill C Prince Albert WHL
The Flames love taking players from the dub. Although they could really use a scoring forward here, they go the safe route with McNeill. At worst they get a 3rd pairing grinder, at best a second coming of Ryan Kesler. The pressure is on Feaster with this pick after the Erixon debacle.
14. Dallas Duncan Siemans D Saskatoon WHL
The Stars can’t let this high upside defenseman fall any further. Continue to build from the back out with Campbell and now Siemans.
15. NYR Mark Schiefele C Barrie OHL
The Rangers are in need of some tweaking up the middle. Good upside and showed he can carry the load at the U18’s.
16. Buffalo Matt Puempel LW Peterborough OHL
The Sabres have never had that steady scorer they can rely on. They take a chance on the oft-injured Peumpel at 16.
17. Montreal Jamieson Oleksiak D Northeastern NCAA
The Habs are constantly picked on for the small size and soft style. They look to change that by adding the biggest defenseman in the draft. Will replace Hal Gill in a couple years.
18. Chicago JT Miller C US-U18
The Hawks are solid in all 3 areas. Adding a big pivot won’t hurt the farm either. Solid both ways, will have lots of time to develop at UND.
19. Edmonton Joe Morrow D Portland WHL
Having already drafted their franchise center earlier the Oilers go back to the dub to get this speedy dman who can run a PP. Morrow and Teubert could be a very solid pairing down the road.
20. Phoenix Zack Phillips C Saint John QMJHL
The Coyotes add depth to their farm. Have another solid prospect to go along with winger Mikkel Boedeker, defenseman Brandon Gormley, and goalie Mark Visentin.
21. Ottawa Boone Jenner C Oshawa OHL
The Sens continue to add depth with a big center. Now set up the middle with Strome and now Jenner.
22. Anaheim Nicklas Jensen RW Oshawa OHL
Big guy can score and play defense. All around package. Will dominate major junior in 2 years.
23. Pittsburgh Tomas Jurco RW Saint John QMJHL
Pens add an extremely skilled winger. If he can develop any kind of physical game he will be a perfect fit as a top 6 winger.
24. Detroit Jonas Brodin D Farjestad Sweden
The Wings defensive core isn’t getting any younger. With Rafalski retiring and Lidstrom getting closer to the end, they take a solid defensive prospect. Will have 2 years to bulk up and refine his game before he is thrown into the fire.
25. Toronto Brandon Saad LW Saginaw OHL
Burke knows how highly touted Saad was coming into the year and won’t let him fall anymore. A big frame and good touch around that net that the Leafs love. Needs to develop a mean streak and better physical game.
26. Washington Rocco Grimaldi C US-U18
The Caps take a chance on this small scorer. The Caps love skill and that’s exactly what they are getting with Rocco. Also brings a lot of heart and hustle.
27. Tampa Oscar Klefbom D Farjestad Sweden
Decent size, good intangibles. Klefbom is just a solid defensive prospect that the Lightning need in their cupboard.
28. San Jose Vladislav Namestnikov RW London OHL
Sharks have no immediate need. Add a skill forward. Good vision and can score. Shouldn’t have to worry about this Russian bolting to the KHL
29. Toronto Tyler Biggs RW US-U18
Burke gets his coveted power forward. Biggs is physical and has a pretty good scoring touch. Will have lots of time to refine his game in the NCAA.
30. Van City Ty Rattie RW Portland WHL
Canucks add a smart offensive forward. Another dangerous scorer in the new age of Canuck talent.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
If klefbom is avaliable at the wings pick I would hope they pick him, brodin is a good second choice than I would go with saad if those two d are gone.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
If klefbom is avaliable at the wings pick I would hope they pick him, brodin is a good second choice than I would go with saad if those two d are gone.

Honestly haven't seen either of them play. Ive seen Brodin to the wings in a lot of mocks. Klefbom has not been talked about as much, and I don't really know his style that well.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Montreal got Tinordi last year to replace Hal Gill.

I don't think, nor do I hope, that Montreal goes for Tinordi V. 2, one year removed.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
i think the leafs would take rattie at 29

I considered that. But to me Rattie doesnt project to be a great scorer at the next level. He doesn't exactly posses any other great qualities. I see him as best being a streaky 50-60 point guy. But we will all see what he is made of when he is not riding the coattails of Nino And Johansen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad