Zinoviev - how is he?

rananda

Dec 24, 2004
Zino may play. Apparently it's not true that he is out for 6 months.

Honestly, that seems more likely. What player sustains a 6-month injury but yet feels good enough to at least test out his injury before the period starts. And how would Medvedev know already that Zino is out for so long? Did they send the MRI straight to Medvedev? I'm not sure that Zino will play on Wed, but I would be shocked if his KHL season is done.

wingscapsfan

Dec 22, 2009
it's weird that there are no official reports on him from the Russian coaching staff, just conflicting reports from Tretiak and Medvedev.. Anyone know what's going on?

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
How many minutes were Zinoviev playing ES?

It always hurt some when you lose a part of a line with good chemistry, but when you can counter by letting Malkin and Datsyuk take turns at centering your 4th line, or let AO and Kovy take extra shifts on the third, you should be in good shape anyway.

Zarypov Malkin/Datsyuk Morozov looks to be a great line.

knivez

Jul 28, 2008
I hope Medvedev is misinforming our opponents, that's all.

IT'S MIND GAMES

119394ss_sm2.jpg

leova

Feb 28, 2008
I just wanna see a line of Ovechkin-Fedorov-Semin, just for the happiness it would provide all us DC-area residents :)

Rossiya!

dimi19

Feb 19, 2010
if zino can't play, he can't be replaced by one of the alternates? like frolov or kovalev? it's in the olympics rules? once the tourney begins no replacements even for injury? so then why have alternates? only if there are injuries b4 the tourney begins?

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia
if zino can't play, he can't be replaced by one of the alternates? like frolov or kovalev? it's in the olympics rules? once the tourney begins no replacements even for injury? so then why have alternates? only if there are injuries b4 the tourney begins?

no alternatives

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
correct. looks like you talked yourself through that one.

Charlie Milles*

I heard somewhere that he was sore, but fine after the game against the Czechs. Don't know what the **** Medvedev is talking about?:help:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Zakharkin adds to it by being rather tentative himself: "I think it is serious"

Anyone's who's had cruciate/ligament damage to their knee knows just from looking at the injury that it's something that's not going to go away quickly if there anything worse than a mild sprain. That knee is pretty swollen right now, sure, they will remove liquid from it which should help his mobility a bit but even with knee brace he's taking a serious risk of making it worse. At any rate his mobilty is taking a hit. Just look at Saku Koivu who's playing with knee brace because of the (I assume mild sprain) injury he had earlier in the season.

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
www.russianhockeyfans.com
- How is Sergei Zinoviev doing? Earlier there was information that the season was over for him.
Tretiak: "Yes, at first the doctors thought that the injury was that serious. However, after another examination the injury was found to be not very serious. On Tuesday he will try to practice with a special corset and then the coaches will decide if he'll play in the quarterfinal. But Sergei himself is eager to hit the ice."
http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/te...bokov-will-start-in-the-quarterfinal-153.html

wingscapsfan

Dec 22, 2009
today during the Canada-Germany game they said that Zino was out for the whole tournament. Yet I remember he had a practice today, anyone know of any updates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->