Zinoviev - how is he?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Haven't heard, but on the replay it looked ugly.

My bet is that he will play in the QF at least. I agree, it looked horrible on the replay.

But afterwards he looked a lot better. I really doubt he tore something and looked that good.

bulgaria

Mar 13, 2006
photo-forum.net
Zinoviev? According to Melrose, not good enough to play in the OG. Does not belong here, nope, nej

I also read Melrose's interview(in russian). Btw do you agree with him? Can Sergei play on highest level(I mean against NHL-ers)? My personal answer is yes he can and he deserves to play among the best hockey players!
What do you think?
I like Zinoviev a lot but you russian guys know his game better than me.
I have watched Zino when he was playing for Ak Bars Kazan(may be around 25/30 games including 2007 final against Metallurg but maybe it's not enough to judge)
Thoughts!?

Last edited:

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
The way his leg bent looked pretty nasty. But perhaps he's really flexible? I hope he's alright because I've been impressed with his two-way game.

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia
My bet is that he will play in the QF at least. I agree, it looked horrible on the replay.

But afterwards he looked a lot better. I really doubt he tore something and looked that good.

He didn't return to the ice i thought. I remember him just sitting supporting the team in the third but not skating and playing..

VladNYC*

As if we needed further proof that Melrose is an idiot of epic proportions.

antidotevsk

May 10, 2009
Voskresensk, Russia
I also read Melrose's interview(in russian). Btw do you agree with him? Can Sergei play on highest level(I mean against NHL-ers). My personal answer is yes he can and he deserve to play among the best hockey players!
What do you think?
I like Zinoviev a lot but you russian guys know his game better than me.
I have watched Zino when he was playing for Ak Bars Kazan(may be around 25/30 games including 2007 final against Metallurg but maybe it's not enough to judge)
Thoughts!?

Do not take so heartly Melrose words...If they do not know what's going on in another part of the world actually it doesn't mean that there's nothing special. I hope the ZZM trio would make some goals against Canada just to stop this ridiculous opinions...

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia
I love how Zinoviev plays i really really hope the ZZM line lights it up against Canada.

Hey guys what are your thoughts after our three matches. I'm a little worried, I think Canada played much better against USA then we did in any of our matches. Is it because our opponents did not suit our style of play? I really am worried about chemistry and think some of our lines are not playing well at all. Defence on the other hand has been not to bad. conceding 3 goals against Slovakia and Czech Republic is not a bad job.

Vladsky

Mar 8, 2008
I love how Zinoviev plays i really really hope the ZZM line lights it up against Canada.

Hey guys what are your thoughts after our three matches. I'm a little worried, I think Canada played much better against USA then we did in any of our matches. Is it because our opponents did not suit our style of play? I really am worried about chemistry and think some of our lines are not playing well at all. Defence on the other hand has been not to bad. conceding 3 goals against Slovakia and Czech Republic is not a bad job.

I wouldnt be worried. To me, it smells like 2006.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
In his defense, Melrose is ESPN's NHL analyst. He isn't paid to say how great non-NHLers are.....even in olympics.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY

I am concerned. There are certain things that need to be fixed. We certainly need to play smarter.

Canada will probably be more aggressive then any of our previous opponents. That means that we could potentially have more space to create breakaways and odd-man rushes.

In last game, anytime Czechs opened up a bit, Russians were creating odd-man rushes.

Our forwards can certainly create a lot of problems with their speed.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Looks like Tretyak was misinformed.

According to KHL President Alexander Medvedev, Zinoviev, who was injured yesterday, is out for the season. Russia'll have 2 double shift a C

antidotevsk

May 10, 2009
Voskresensk, Russia
I am concerned. There are certain things that need to be fixed. We certainly need to play smarter.

Canada will probably be more aggressive then any of our previous opponents. That means that we could potentially have more space to create breakaways and odd-man rushes.

In last game, anytime Czechs opened up a bit, Russians were creating odd-man rushes.

Our forwards can certainly create a lot of problems with their speed.

forechecking for Russia isn't the problem... If All of our 4 lines make the full speed of their potential noone can beat them. Canadiens will just beat the boards but not the Russians - this is the way to get them down. Speed and more speed will make some possibilities to make enough goals!
Let's go Russia!
Congratulations to Russian men! 23 rd of February!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad