Zibby vs. Silf

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pretty sure he was alluding to Ryan in his statement.

Which statement?

If we did get Ryan it might make sense to move Alfredsson to the 3rd line and have him on the top powerplay unit.

Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
Conacher - Turris - Silfverberg
Zibanejad - Pageau - Alfredsson

Pretty nice looking.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
They are both great. Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Forsberg or Sakic. Great things to debate.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Way to demonstrate your hockey IQ.

Kelly was one of the smartest players in team history.

Hahahaha we traded him for a second. It was the best move in Sens history.

The point of hockey is to score goals. He didnt do this.

My hockey IQ must be pretty high, because every Sens player that I hate ends up being traded or let go. ex.Folingo, Kelly, Regin...Ive ragged on these guys a lot, and for good reason.

Im confident that my IQ is fine due to the fact you disagree with me.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I don't think he explained his position fully, but I agree that people talking about the physical thing with Zibanejad aren't taking into account that he's already pretty physically mature. He was big in the junior leagues and is still a big kid. I don't know that you're going to see much more 'physical maturation' coming from him down the line (I could be wrong).

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think he explained his position fully, but I agree that people talking about the physical thing with Zibanejad aren't taking into account that he's already pretty physically mature. He was big in the junior leagues and is still a big kid. I don't know that you're going to see much more 'physical maturation' coming from him down the line (I could be wrong).

I don't know what the future holds either, but I'd be willing to wager Zibby is more comfortable in his own body 3 (or 2- if you like) years from now. That in and of itself should help him as a player, even if he doesn't gain any more height or weight.

I just don't get how he's trying to trump time by saying Zibby grew faster.:dunno: Silf has years of playing pro hockey on Zibanejad. That ought to reflect somewhere in their respective games.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't know what the future holds either, but I'd be willing to wager Zibby is more comfortable in his own body 3 (or 2- if you like) years from now. That in and of itself should help him as a player, even if he doesn't gain any more height or weight.

I just don't get how he's trying to trump time by saying Zibby grew faster.:dunno: Silf has years of playing pro hockey on Zibanejad. That ought to reflect somewhere in their respective games.

I agree and I think it does. Consistency is the most obvious area that I think that Silfverberg's extra playing time has benefited him most. If Zibanejad can become more consistent he will be quite a force for this team. I still think that Silfverberg will be better once he adjusts to the North American game fully, but I guess time will tell.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Just for clarity's sake, I wasn't saying it "ought to show in Silf's game, but doesn't". His attention to detail is much better than it was even at the beginning of the year and he outshines Zibby there.

For now.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Just for clarity's sake, I wasn't saying it "ought to show in Silf's game, but doesn't". His attention to detail is much better than it was even at the beginning of the year and he outshines Zibby there.

For now.

Well said. Also, anyone remember Silfverberg at the start of the year?

His skating was STONE 2.0

How much he improved his skating over the season without even taking extensive time off to work on it is remarkable. He was blowing by people as the season wore off.

That's why I keep telling people Silfverberg has just scratched the surface, you can't judge him yet.

member 137785

Exactly, Silf has struggled adapting to Bingo, then the NHL, but gotten better very quickly in both places. I predict next year he will pot 20 goals easy, if not 25 (30 if you include shootouts). His hockey IQ is top shelf. Zib could as well, but I haven't seen the same finish/hands from him, it may come, but I'll cut him some slack as he's so young :)

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

Getting big young can work against you. You basically have to relearn everything if you have a big growth spurt. Takes you a long time to get comfortable in your body again, and takes a long time to fill out your new frame.

I dont know why people arguing Silf keep trying to make it seem like the age gap is smaller, or like it doesnt matter because Zib "matured early". If thats the only leg you have to stand on its pretty shaky.

Lets just hope both are with the team for a while, and both realize their potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad