Zibby, Michalek,Conacher are not a second line!

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
They had a great start together and looked really good for a few games but in their last 8 games that line has scored NO Goals. In addition each player has managed only one assist. 3 points in 8 games would be poor for a fourth line let alone a so-called second as some posters would have us believe!
That is the reason that the Sens need to make a trade for a legit top six forward.

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I want to see Greening-Zibby-Conacher

Both those players tend to hustle in on dump and chases like Greening should. Maybe they can get him going, and he can add some size to the line

If that didn't work I would try Condra instead of Conacher and but Conacher with Smith

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
they have been the third ...Zibby isnt better than spezza lol

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
They had a great start together and looked really good for a few games but in their last 8 games that line has scored NO Goals. In addition each player has managed only one assist. 3 points in 8 games would be poor for a fourth line let alone a so-called second as some posters would have us believe!
That is the reason that the Sens need to make a trade for a legit top six forward.

TOI changed when Spezza came back, you tend to get less points when your on the ice less. Yes we need a top six forward to play with Spezza then we have three good lines with an excellent checking line.

Last edited:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Rather than knee-jerk changing up the lines every couple of games they should find a system and stick to it. Even if it takes 2 seasons it will eventually work.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa

You mean, since Spezza has been back, their icetime has been reduced, and they are getting less PP time as a result, while coincidentally putting up less points!?

Color me surprised!

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Yep, they're our third line, and by that standard they've been good. I don't have stats handy but with the amount of time I have seen them spend in the offensive zone (despite not scoring), they must be doing a good job of at least keeping the other team off the scoresheet.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You mean, since Spezza has been back, their icetime has been reduced, and they are getting less PP time as a result, while coincidentally putting up less points!?

Color me surprised!

Less? How about none!
no goals 3 assists total in 8 games

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yep, they're our third line, and by that standard they've been good. I don't have stats handy but with the amount of time I have seen them spend in the offensive zone (despite not scoring), they must be doing a good job of at least keeping the other team off the scoresheet.

no goals at all is bad.

Margaret Trudeau*

put spezza in place of zibanabad and the line might have more points but the minus would be enormous.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I think that experiment officially ended last night against Tampa. They're not a bad line together, but the other two lines were ineffective, and so Stache sprinkled the ingredients of the Conacher - Ziba - Michalek line over the other lines instead.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
I stuck with the thought process that we had lines 1a 1b and 1c....which ever was working being the top line that night...
That being said things have slowed down so I have a suggestion for some new combos to try.

Macarthur Turris Zibby
Michalek Spezza Ryan
Greening Dacosta Conacher
Condra Smith Neil

and for D pairs can we please try:

Methot Karlson
Ceci Gryba
Cowen Weircioch

I know im asking to be told no on the d pairs but PLEEEEAAASE this would work I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->