Zibanejad vs Silfverberg

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I remember reading how some people were a little disappointed we kept Zibanejad and dealt Silfverberg away for the Ryan deal.

Seeing as this season is nearly done.. do you still feel that way?

Would this team be better with Silfverberg over Z-bad?

Who do you consider to be the better player? (If you've got a chance to consistently watch both guys play this season)

Interested to see what you guys and girls think..

The Jangle Meister*

Z-bad was the easy choice to keep then and now.

SensRocket

May 24, 2014
Canada Eh
Haven't been paying close attention much to silfvy. But zbad has def stepped up to the plate. Yes he was a little slow at the beginning of the year which is when I could see ppl starting to doubt him and even turn their back on him. But the chemistry between him and bobby Ryan is unreal. They just seem to always find each other on the ice. Beauty set up and passes = goals on goals on goals. It has boosted zbad confidence and has reflected that in how he plays and how much he's contributed in this second half of the season.

Xamar*

I don't think Zbad will ever score more than 60 points if scoring remains as spread out in the NHL the way it is now.. Maybe if we ever go back to the way it was in 2006 then I could see him as a PPG player. For now tho I think his peak should be around 60 points (25g 35A)..

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I haven't watched much of Anaheim this year, so it's hard to tell.

I always had some alarm bells with Silf because it took so long for him to make decisions on the ice. He has a great shot, but the only time he was able to really show it off would be in shootouts, because the game itself seemed to move too fast for him. He has enough hockey IQ to be a solid 3rd line guy so there's little risk with him....but I think his upside is marginal as well.

Zibby....the size and strength, and his raw potential are just too good to pass up. He's slowly starting to show more and more elements to his game. Displaying some good vision and IQ, amazing shot, hulk-like strength....hard to find all that in a single package.

Ttracer*

Both lucky to be in the NHL, players that make good players look good

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I wasn't one of the ones disappointed, thought it was the right move. Silverberg is a really good player and he's doing very well in Anaheim, but it was always obvious Zibanejad was a far more valuable asset. And he's progressing very nicely...there's not many players under the age of 23 playing top 2 centre minutes that are successful in the NHL.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
A better question might be Silfverberg vs Ryan. Especially when you see how Ryan struggles at times with his skating (and then project how he'll look 4 or 5 years into his big contract).

I like Ryan and he always comes across as a very decent, honest guy, but didn't like the trade and felt it was a total panic/media-management move in response to Alfredsson leaving.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
A better question might be Silfverberg vs Ryan. Especially when you see how Ryan struggles at times with his skating (and then project how he'll look 4 or 5 years into his big contract).

I like Ryan and he always comes across as a very decent, honest guy, but didn't like the trade and felt it was a total panic/media-management move in response to Alfredsson leaving.

Fair enough on the panic/media management part. I feel like Murray was forced to do something very quickly to avoid a complete fan outrage and maybe he was sitting on this Ryan deal for a little bit.

As soon as Alfie said he was officially out I really think Murray wasted no time in calling Anaheim and getting the deal done. I just remember being a little bit surprised as the Ryan trade happened really soon after the Alfie announcement so Murray might have had this trade in his back-pocket for a little while

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This was no brainer then and now.

Pretty sure it was Zibanejad+2nd instead of Silfverberg+1st thats now much they wanted Zibanejad.

Although I do wish we still had Silfverberg.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Fair enough on the panic/media management part. I feel like Murray was forced to do something very quickly to avoid a complete fan outrage and maybe he was sitting on this Ryan deal for a little bit.

As soon as Alfie said he was officially out I really think Murray wasted no time in calling Anaheim and getting the deal done. I just remember being a little bit surprised as the Ryan trade happened really soon after the Alfie announcement so Murray might have had this trade in his back-pocket for a little while

Murray had been after Ryan for over a year

WhiteLight*

Zib is awesome. Such a cool, complete player ... so many different skills

It's a pleasure to watch him play. I love Silf but Zib for Ryan would have been horrible for the Sens

Karlsson2Turris*

If I recall correctly, they wanted one of Zibby/Silf/Cowen as a main piece.

Imagine we got rid of Cowen the pylon AND got Ryan :amazed:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ya it was a choice between Cowen/Silf/Zib

omg just imagine we gave away Cowen, Noesen, and a first for Ryan, and kept silfverberg. :lol:

Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Ryan
Hoffman - Turris - Ston
MacArthur - Pageau - Michalek
Lazar - Legwand - Chiasson
Smith

:cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->