Confirmed with Link: Zibanejad, 2nd to NYR for Brassard, 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I guess all Canadian NHL teams have been very unlucky since 93 then, do you really believe in what you are writing yourself?

I think anyone who states that this team is simply not good enough to win a Cup is out to lunch.

Winning a Cup is mostly luck and injuries.

If this team is good enough to have most of is believe we will make the playoffs then it can win the Cup.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I guess all Canadian NHL teams have been very unlucky since 93 then, do you really believe in what you are writing yourself?

Considering 4 of the 5 Canadian finalists have taken the series to 7 games with zero victories to show for...yes, kind of unlucky?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ottawa hasn't really had any picks as high as 11 lately.

Wasn't Cowen considered a risky boom/bust pick because of his injuries? Wasn't Zibanejad also considered to be a bit of a risk at 6 when Couturier was still on the board?

Couldn't it also be argued that at the time, White at 21 was a bit risky?

Zibby was trending up, and with his size was pretty much a guaranteed NHLer.

Cowen and White were injured/sick, so their ratings took a bit of a hit, but both were always projected as surefire NHLers.

Brown is one that could be a 1C, or bust completely. We usually pick guys who may have a lower ceiling, but are usually guaranteed NHLers (as much as you can guarantee an 18-year-old as a future NHLer). I don't think he'll bust....but it is interesting seeing the team take that risk when McLeod (a guy who is pretty much at least a 4C) was on the board.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
They needed a boom or bust guy, a guy that can turn out to be a dynamic player vs a sure fire bottom sixer. We have too many of those ilk.

It's the same idea in the sense that Montreal lacks a dynamic offensive player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad