Zherdev's value

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattodette28

Jun 7, 2002
Visit site
yes without a doubt, i would take semin followed by cola.

you should definitely do this trade! if you have seen zherdev play he is capable of putting up 80-90 points in his prime with lots of goals!

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I'll second that, I'd do this trade right away in a keeper league, I love Hejduk and with Forsberg back he should produce even more than he has been, but for that kinda value I'd do it.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Hejduk is 27 , he got 50+ goals last year & he got 33 in 38 this season.

When Zherdev will turn 27 & get the same stats, will you trade him for the new flavour young guns + draft pick & rebuild over & over & over again ?

I love Zherdev but I would keep Hejduk for at least the next 3 years.

Mephisto

May 9, 2002
eddieshore.zapto.org
Russian Fan said:
Hejduk is 27 , he got 50+ goals last year & he got 33 in 38 this season.

When Zherdev will turn 27 & get the same stats, will you trade him for the new flavour young guns + draft pick & rebuild over & over & over again ?

I love Zherdev but I would keep Hejduk for at least the next 3 years.

I like your point...But I might get Staal for Comrie in the same deal...

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Mephisto said:
Guys, is it worth getting Zherdev and a 1st pick in 2005 or Zherdev and either Sejna, Semin or Colaiacovo for Hejduk.
( in a keeper league)

Thx.

Yes

Cola>Semin>Sejna

id take cola over the first rounder and semin

Mephisto

May 9, 2002
eddieshore.zapto.org
X-SHARKIE said:
Zherdev is being a tad overated on here, he'll be a first liner, occasional all star, but to give up a guy like Hejduk in a fantasy keeper league is NUTS!!!! Staal for Comrie is a great deal IMO. But Hejduks are not a dime a dozen, Keep Hejduk IMO.

It's turning out I might get Staal AND Zherdev for Hejduk...

X-SHARKIE

Mephisto said:
It's turning out I might get Staal AND Zherdev for Hejduk...

Ahh,, Hmmm,,, That's a very tough call you have there, With both Staal and Zherdev you have a chance at POTENTIALLY having two stars, I love Staal, I though Zherdev was overated at the draft, but he's looked good so far. Man thats tough, I'll leave that one up to you, But my gut says take Staal and Zherdev if you can get both, as long as you know it's going to be awhile before that trade looks good.

Habs Scout

Jun 4, 2003
Visit site
If the offer is Staal and Zherdev for Hedjuk, take the deal on a couple of conditions. The first being that you will be around for at least two years and the second being that you do not have a strong probability of winning this year.

This deal definitely makes you worse in the short term. In making this deal, do not expect either of Staal or Zherdev to be ever be two Hejduks. You really should trade away the present (Hejduk) only when you know that you are not going to win in the short run.

In the NHL Zherdev and Staal for Hejduk is a major steal but in fantasy hockey it is a toss up depending on your short term competitiveness and the number of years you expect to be in the league.

Zherdev + 1st/Cola/Semin is not a good deal for you. Someone else in the league will give you more for Hejduk.

Mephisto

May 9, 2002
eddieshore.zapto.org
Habs Scout said:
If the offer is Staal and Zherdev for Hedjuk, take the deal on a couple of conditions. The first being that you will be around for at least two years and the second being that you do not have a strong probability of winning this year.

This deal definitely makes you worse in the short term. In making this deal, do not expect either of Staal or Zherdev to be ever be two Hejduks. You really should trade away the present (Hejduk) only when you know that you are not going to win in the short run.

In the NHL Zherdev and Staal for Hejduk is a major steal but in fantasy hockey it is a toss up depending on your short term competitiveness and the number of years you expect to be in the league.

Zherdev + 1st/Cola/Semin is not a good deal for you. Someone else in the league will give you more for Hejduk.

Thanks guys. Real helpful.

I ended up doing Hejduk for Zherdev an dStaal.

I wasn't in a position to win this year and I'll sub Hejduk by Heatley(which I already have) next hockey season. Giving that Gaborik an dLecavalier will have better years too, I should be fine. On top, I kept Comrie.

#37-#93-#27*

Mephisto said:
Guys, is it worth getting Zherdev and a 1st pick in 2005 or Zherdev and either Sejna, Semin or Colaiacovo for Hejduk.
( in a keeper league)

Thx.
Keep in mind the prospect bias here is absurd.

Milan Hejduk is obviously the best player. If you do feel it neccessary to trade him, Zherdev is not a bad prospect to start with. I would personally hold on to Hejduk if those are my only options though.

From those scenerios I think Zherdev and Semin would be the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad