Zherdev vs. Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
Laraque27 said:
Interesting that many people who would pick Ovechkin or Malkin over Crosby because, 'they're proven against men' are still taking Malkin over Zherdev, despite the fact that Zherdev was played in the NHL and done quite well. . .

Excellent point. It's always interesting to trade off proven success against future success. Further, Zherdev and Malkin are very different types of players. How would you compare Ron Francis to Brett Hull in their primes, for example? Who you'd rather have might well depend on the make up of your team. Same with Zherdev and Malkin.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Zherdev is the next Kovalchuk but maybe Malkin is better. They're both flashy, but I'd take Zherdev because he's a one man fireworks show. Scoring goals win games and with modifications to the NHL rink, I believe Zherdev could have 60G, 30A in his prime, Malkin about 30G, 60A.

Zherdev for explosiveness.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
BobMarleyNYR said:
Zherdev is the next Kovalchuk but maybe Malkin is better. They're both flashy, but I'd take Zherdev because he's a one man fireworks show. Scoring goals win games and with modifications to the NHL rink, I believe Zherdev could have 60G, 30A in his prime, Malkin about 30G, 60A.

Zherdev for explosiveness.

Malkin is surprisingly explosive in his own right. I've seen both play and I definitely noticed Malkin more. I think he has more upside.

I don't think Zherdev is anywhere near Kovalchuck in terms of raw talent.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Laraque27 said:
Interesting that many people who would pick Ovechkin or Malkin over Crosby because, 'they're proven against men' are still taking Malkin over Zherdev, despite the fact that Zherdev was played in the NHL and done quite well. . .
Yeah..excellent point.. in fact RSL and the Worldchampionship are full of children playing.. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad