Zherdev the Enforcer???

In my last 2 games, Nikolai Zherdev has been ejected after injuring someone. the first was a Cross-Checking call on Montreal's Mike Johnson which dropped him to 97 health, whilst Brendan Morrison is Day-to-Day courtesy of a Zherdev elbow.

I know my free fall was bordering on unrealistically crazy, but I think this is finally the last straw.

THE SIM GODS MUST BE CRAZY!

Maybe we should throw that coke bottle that seems to be causing the dramas off the edge of the earth and things can get backk to normal....like the good ole days where the Sharks and Sens could battle it out for the cup, Carolina would battle it out for the #1 pick (mostly Dion vs. Drew in the min OV arguments) and you could count on the Blues not quite meeting expectations! (sorry nick ;) :deadhorse )

Who needs these seasons of parity and uncertainty, where overachievers like Buffalo win the cup and Martin Gerber can turn a bottom 5 team into a top 10 team post trade? Or this zany world where Carolina is at the opposite end of the standings.

Btw. i especially like the Bouwmeester performance vs. Montreal. 10 PIM all on 2 minute minors, and 4 of the 5 were for Elbowing. WAY TO GO JAY! Nice work on adjusting to what the ref is calling out there on the ice :biglaugh:

HFNHL Red Wings

You gotta love how the irrational results keep you interested in the league though don't you.

I can't tell you have many times I've thought I had this sim thing figured out only to see evidence that completely contradicts my assumptions.

Sorry Abbas and Adil but the Leafs are my number one example this season. All year I've look at the defence and said this team should be getting blown out of the water. Their avg DF ratings, IT and SP ratings are all well below average and yet that have the best PK% in the league and 2nd lowest GAA?!

I still think I can look at line combinations and predict how they will perform about 70-75% of the time but it's these anomalyies that keep me guessing and interested in the league.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Sorry Abbas and Adil but the Leafs are my number one example this season. All year I've look at the defence and said this team should be getting blown out of the water. Their avg DF ratings, IT and SP ratings are all well below average and yet that have the best PK% in the league and 2nd lowest GAA?!

Drew, Do you have any idea how much time Adil spends on line combination. I believe he spends more time than the actual GM of NHL. But lately, he has acquired Xbox and his priority is slowly changing towards Xbox.:cry:

HFNHL Red Wings

Drew, Do you have any idea how much time Adil spends on line combination. I believe he spends more time than the actual GM of NHL. But lately, he has acquired Xbox and his priority is slowly changing towards Xbox.:cry:

I do. I consider them among the best GM(s) in this league - definitely better than you :jk:

No matter how many times you look at it though 2+2 should still equal 4 but somehow they've made it equal a perfect 10.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I do. I consider them among the best GM(s) in this league - definitely better than you :jk:

No matter how many times you look at it though 2+2 should still equal 4 but somehow they've made it equal a perfect 10.

Drew,

You know that they will not trade you Staal but I might if you start praising me.:D

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006

Thanks alot for the praise Drew, comming from you it trully means a lot. We've got a lot of respect for your abilities to set lines and to be honest we've taken you're lines as an examle a lot of the time.

You know we don't really pay attention to average line ratings, we're much more interested in bringing a balanced set of players to the ice. Laperrier has been a huge:handclap: addition for us this year as well as Holik and you can attribute our great PK to those two gentlemen as well as Vokoun.

It also helps that we're in the east where Boston has gone into a semi-rebuild mode and Buffalo has some vodoo curse going on. Where else can a team sit 9th overall in the league but still be ranked 1st in their division with still a good 5 point lead over 2nd?:D

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Thanks alot for the praise Drew, comming from you it trully means a lot. We've got a lot of respect for your abilities to set lines and to be honest we've taken you're lines as an examle a lot of the time.

You know we don't really pay attention to average line ratings, we're much more interested in bringing a balanced set of players to the ice. Laperrier has been a huge:handclap: addition for us this year as well as Holik and you can attribute our great PK to those two gentlemen as well as Vokoun.

It also helps that we're in the east where Boston has gone into a semi-rebuild mode and Buffalo has some vodoo curse going on. Where else can a team sit 9th overall in the league but still be ranked 1st in their division with still a good 5 point lead over 2nd?:D

Josh, Please read this and understand as this article might teach you few things on how to please "The SIM GOD":help:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Carolina would battle it out for the #1 pick (mostly Dion vs. Drew in the min OV arguments)

I wish to emphasize that I did not intend to battle for the #1 pick nor did Drew and I have arguments over min OV rather a misunderstandings of the term fun.

FYI, You know as well as anyone Josh, that my favourite player before Phaneuf was Jeff Bukeboom. I thought I might make a team in his honour. Hence the goon team. Of course, Drew having the most hard-working defensive team in the business, and still does, did not want his team hurt while playing me, had a few choice words about the team that I was assembling. So did the rest of the league for that matter. I became a threat to every team. Everyone decided to limit my fun and ruin my party. :(

Ah the days of Marchment, Odjick, Otto, Peters, Shelley, O'Donnell and anyone that had high IT and ST and not much else. :)

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
I wish to emphasize that I did not intend to battle for the #1 pick nor did Drew and I have arguments over min OV rather a misunderstandings of the term fun.

Fun? I thought we're here to win, not to have fun:D What are we the might ducks?

HFNHL Red Wings

LMAO.

All this needless butt kissing. If I influenced who ultimately won the cup do you really think the Sabres would have won last year? :razz:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->