ZHERDEV:how good is he looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Zherdev is a sore loser and I just can not be quiet when people want to know about him. Some people might even wanna buy his jerseys and stuff, but I just tell them who he really is, that's all.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Siberian said:
If you don't like my messages, why respond at all?

I'll answer that one with your own words.

Siberian said:
I think there is nothing wrong with arguing, that is what makes it interesting on message boards.

You're really not convincing me that you don't care about Zherdev. This seems to go way past poor CSKA being "robbed" of one of their players.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Ruckus007 said:
You're really not convincing me that you don't care about Zherdev. This seems to go way past poor CSKA being "robbed" of one of their players.

Well, that is clearly your own problem.
Once again, Zherdev came to NHL way too early and possibly worsened his hockey career. CSKA lost its player for nothing and frankly Columbus di not gain much either. There is no winners in this situation and that is what is sad!

Slice9505

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
Siberia's comments bring two questions to mind...

Why do you claim that he had to defect to the United States in order to ensure that his stock didn't drop? He signed a three year contract with the CBJ before his season with CKSA began - He already got his signing bonus and he had three guaranteed contract years already in place before he came over to the United States. Where does his "stock" rising and falling enter? Contract done...'nuff said.

Secondly, though you may be sad to see young Russians leave their native land (which I might add, Zherdev was from the Ukraine, not Russia but that's beside the point), even within the pseudo-capitialistic nature of Russia, individuals have the right to pursue maximum financial gains be it in their native land or a foreign country. Russia doesn't own Zherdev (or any young Russian for that matter)...the country is not entitled to their citizens playing for their sports teams just the same as the United States government does not have the right to deny U.S. born soccer players the right to pursue their career in Europe. Do you think that Russia has (or better yet, should have) this power over its athletes?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Slice9505 said:

Why do you claim that he had to defect to the United States in order to ensure that his stock didn't drop? He signed a three year contract with the CBJ before his season with CKSA began - He already got his signing bonus and he had three guaranteed contract years already in place before he came over to the United States. Where does his "stock" rising and falling enter? Contract done...'nuff said.

Secondly, though you may be sad to see young Russians leave their native land (which I might add, Zherdev was from the Ukraine, not Russia but that's beside the point), even within the pseudo-capitialistic nature of Russia, individuals have the right to pursue maximum financial gains be it in their native land or a foreign country. Russia doesn't own Zherdev (or any young Russian for that matter)...the country is not entitled to their citizens playing for their sports teams just the same as the United States government does not have the right to deny U.S. born soccer players the right to pursue their career in Europe. Do you think that Russia has (or better yet, should have) this power over its athletes?

All your message is just simply not knowing things. You bring up a good example about soccer players. A player which has a contract with a professional European clubs can not just jump onto another club only because there is more money. The similar situation is in NBA. NBA clubs must pay for players who have current contracts with European organizations.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Slice9505 said:

Perhaps you do not follow NHL and have no idea about very possible lockout that might come next year. Perhaps you did not hear that it could last 2 years?

So here is the thing. He stays in Russia, his stock keeps dropping, then there is lockout, after lockout is over noone remembers who Zherdev is. What is here so hard to understand?

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
You probably do not know the whole story but why I feel sad about this case is because Russian players are stolen from Russian clubs for basically nothing. I really do not care about Zherdev but I care about the Russian hockey which lose young players annually.

Because it is run by crooks. Bribery is the name of the game in Russia. The only reason there is an uproar is because some power that be didn't get his wallet fattened.

WuRtZLeSs

I have a feeling Columbus wouldn't just forget about who Zherdev was, especially considering the fact that in a new CBA, youth will be more then protected. I can't possibly imagine Columbus staff passing hard judgments on Zherdev when he had been receiving the playing time he was. Organizations don't just forget about top ten picks several years later - let alone top five.

As from what I've seen from Zherdev, I've been impressed in the instances I've seen him, he makes a risky play every once and awhile, but he's been pretty solid otherwise. If his development continues, he has the potential to become a legitimate scoring threat if Columbus can groom him properly.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
Wow! you are very impressive with your knowledge. Idiotism lives in you!

I wish you could just read your own posts. You go on and on in other threads about how the Russian teams are losing their players without recieving any money, that they are due for. The cross-over fee was paid, the rest is bribery. Its sad that you have to bribe Russian officials to get a player out, but it happens all to often.

Man I wish the old WJC board wasn't wiped. We had some really nice quotes from OTHER Russians concerning this very thing.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
WuRtZLeSs said:
I have a feeling Columbus wouldn't just forget about who Zherdev was, especially considering the fact that in a new CBA, youth will be more then protected. I can't possibly imagine Columbus staff passing hard judgments on Zherdev when he had been receiving the playing time he was. Organizations don't just forget about top ten picks several years later.

As from what I've seen from Zherdev, I've been impressed in the instances I've seen him, he makes a risky play every once and awhile, but he's been pretty solid otherwise. If his development continues, he has the potential to become a legitimate scoring threat if Columbus can groom him properly.

I am not saying he would have been forgotten, I am just telling you what they (Zherdev and Tyzhnykh, his agent) felt according to interviews. I really thought that playing season or even two because there is possible lockout in Russia will not hurt him. I really thought that he needed to mature a little and playing in CSKA can not hurt. I seriously do not know a single player who could say that playing for Tikhonov damaged or even destroyed his career.

I think he himself did not have trust in himself and that is a big sign that he will be choker all his career.

jacketracket*

Siberian said:
Perhaps you do not follow NHL and have no idea about very possible lockout that might come next year. Perhaps you did not hear that it could last 2 years?

So here is the thing. He stays in Russia, his stock keeps dropping, then there is lockout, after lockout is over noone remembers who Zherdev is. What is here so hard to understand?[/QUOTE

Here's what I find hard to understand.

You continually claim that Zherdev is not a good player, and that he is soft, and a poor team player---in short, a cancer in the locker room.

I would think you'd rejoice that your team/country got rid of such a poor prospect.

Be happy---you pulled one over on the NHL.

Your beef shouldn't be w/Zherdev, or the CBJ and NHL. Your problem should be w/the Russian ice hockey officials, who entered into an agreement w/the IIHF. Zherdev decided to play here---of his own free will---and apparently the agreement in place between the Russians and the IIHF allows it.

As far as Zherdev's potential goes, look around you---nobody else here shares your gloomy outlook on Nikolai's prospects.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
I wish you could just read your own posts. You go on and on in other threads about how the Russian teams are losing their players without recieving any money, that they are due for. The cross-over fee was paid, the rest is bribery. Its sad that you have to bribe Russian officials to get a player out, but it happens all to often.

Man I wish the old WJC board wasn't wiped. We had some really nice quotes from OTHER Russians concerning this very thing.

That fee is nothing. CSKA did not want the fee because the player was more valuable to them than this joke fee. Luckily this joke will be over this summer. This would be very good thing for Russian hockey, NHL will stop stealing players from Russia for nothing.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
That fee is nothing. CSKA did not want the fee because the player was more valuable to them than this joke fee. Luckily this joke will be over this summer. This would be very good thing for Russian hockey, NHL will stop stealing players from Russia for nothing.

He was so valuable he was on the fifth line....

Get over it. The Russians mishandled one of their own, and now that he has left, they are trying to bury the hype that he rightfully earned by making unproven accusations, etc.

Last edited:

WuRtZLeSs

Siberian said:
.. there is lockout, after lockout is over noone remembers who Zherdev is.

Perhaps I misread that.

Playing in Russia would've been fine for his development. The argument against players that are rushed to the NHL is that they either aren't recieving the proper ice time to properly hone their skills or they simply can't handle the high level of play. Zherdev, for the time being, has proven he can handle the level of play and he's averaging around 16-17 minutes of play a game.

He can be a "coward" for leaving Russia, that's all well and good, but to say his development is ruined at this point in time isn't.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
jacketracket said:
Siberian said:

So here is the thing. He stays in Russia, his stock keeps dropping, then there is lockout, after lockout is over noone remembers who Zherdev is. What is here so hard to understand?[/QUOTE

Here's what I find hard to understand.

You continually claim that Zherdev is not a good player, and that he is soft, and a poor team player---in short, a cancer in the locker room.

I would think you'd rejoice that your team/country got rid of such a poor prospect.

Be happy---you pulled one over on the NHL.

Your beef shouldn't be w/Zherdev, or the CBJ and NHL. Your problem should be w/the Russian ice hockey officials, who entered into an agreement w/the IIHF. Zherdev decided to play here---of his own free will---and apparently the agreement in place between the Russians and the IIHF allows it.

As far as Zherdev's potential goes, look around you---nobody else here shares your gloomy outlook on Nikolai's prospects.

Do I really have to explain why Russia in this agreement?

IIHF once again tries to play the same trick but it won't happen. Fetisov already said that no Russian potential hockey star will go to NHL for pocket change. It's over! That is another reason why Tyzhnykh wanted Zherdev to escape.

WuRtZLeSs

Well then, if he knows his hockey career is in terrible shape - he's a loser and obviously can't hack it in any type of league, Russian or otherwise... can you possibly blame him?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
He was so valuable he was on the fifth line....

Get over it. The Russians mishandled one of their own, and now that he has left, they are trying to bury the hype that he rightfully earned by making unproven accusations, etc.

Zherdev stopped playing. He completely thought of himself as of already an NHL superstar. The fans called him jokingly Zvezdulkin because he started acting like a movie star on and off ice.

Tikhonov did not take Zherdev's crap and benched him couple of times, but the guy decided to escape to "stardom".

I see you suggesting here that CSKA had to nun him like a baby until he was gonna wake up and finally start playing. Let Columbus do it now. When the honeymoon will be over you will see what I am talking about as I have plenty of DVD's where Zherdev floates around in CSKA uniform

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
Zherdev stopped playing. He completely thought of himself as of already an NHL superstar. The fans called him jokingly Zvezdulkin because he started acting like a movie star on and off ice.

Tikhonov did not take Zherdev's crap and benched him couple of times, but the guy decided to escape to "stardom".

Its hard to prove other wise with only a handful of minutes. You don't leave a player with that much talent out to rot, and expect him to succeed. How is he supposed to excell when he is given no oppurtunity and his coach refuses to give him a chance to perform.

Anyways, I digress. If Zherdev is a terrible player and the Russians are not upset about the money, explain to me why you are so bitter that he left. I mean, you should be grateful that this worthless piece of trash has come to America now, to leech of the NHL until his contract expires.

jacketracket*

Siberian said:
Do I really have to explain why Russia in this agreement?

IIHF once again tries to play the same trick but it won't happen. Fetisov already said that no Russian potential hockey star will go to NHL for pocket change. It's over! That is another reason why Tyzhnykh wanted Zherdev to escape.
No.

Please.

For the love of all things Holy, don't attempt to explain why Zherdev, the CBJ, the NHL, and the IIHF should have done/paid one thing more than what the EXISTING agreement between the Russians and the IIHF called for.

If you feel that the agreement was unfair, fine. If it is changed more to your liking next time, bully for you.

This doesn't alter the fact that Zherdev is here now---and playing well. And, it's all legal.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
WuRtZLeSs said:
Well then, if he knows his hockey career is in terrible shape - he's a loser and obviously can't hack it in any type of league, Russian or otherwise... can you possibly blame him?

This is exactly mu point. What he did just shows what kind of person he is - soft, weak-minded, will give up when it gets tough. That is the only thing I sid here, but Zherdev-lovers started attacking me.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Looks like I found the quote Siberian. Eat some crow now. It seems you agree with me about the crooks running your russian hockey league.

Siberian said:
It is politics. And money too. Do you seriously think that someone will put Zherdev on CSKA roster or Russia roster after this? The teammates do not want him back. It is just the money. The rumour was that in case with Svitov and Chistov their clubs paid about half mil under the table around IIHF. Everybody understands that this IIHF agreement is a joke. Who needs this pocket change for young raising stars that will rotten in worst NHL clubs?

Siberian said:
Look, what CSKA wants is just a financial reward. The thing is if Columbus paid the money CSKA would just wished Kolya good luck. Now all this scandal. I think at the end BJs will pay...

Found on this thread

Here

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
Its hard to prove other wise with only a handful of minutes. You don't leave a player with that much talent out to rot, and expect him to succeed. How is he supposed to excell when he is given no oppurtunity and his coach refuses to give him a chance to perform.

Anyways, I digress. If Zherdev is a terrible player and the Russians are not upset about the money, explain to me why you are so bitter that he left. I mean, you should be grateful that this worthless piece of trash has come to America now, to leech of the NHL until his contract expires.

I am not bitter, I am sad.
I really did not lnow what kind of loser he was, so when he did escape CSKA this just became clear that he is a softie, that is all. Let him play in Columbus, I have nothing against this.

Once again, who says Russians are not upset about losing players for virtually nothing? Stop making stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad