Zhamnov's not going to the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
That will be very intresting to see how they play. Anyway, I really hope to see some young guys added, such as Frolov and Kalinin.

loveshack2

Feb 23, 2003
Old School
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
Ovechkin probably won't refuse. He doesn't have much of a "winning reputation" to lose when Russia gets trounced in the World Cup.

"Khabibulin, Stanley Cup winner, gets shelled in 15-0 Russia Loss"

"Sergei Fedorov, 3-time Stanley Cup Winner, Confused After Russia loses 18-1"

But players really don't have an excuse other than injury to not play for their national team. Especially when their country needs them so desperately. This just shows that they care more about their image than they do about whether or not their country gets shelled and embarassed in front of the world. It's their job to do as much as they can to help, not to sit in the sidelines waiting until everything is all lined up perfectly so they can take the easy ride to gold. I am absolutely sickened by this selfishness on the part of these Russian players.
I dont think that's it at all. From what I understand the players aren't "waiting until everything is all lined up perfectly so they can take the easy ride to gold", they just *hate* Tikhonov. I dont know all the reasons behind it, but he did steal Khabibulin's Olympic medal back in '92 which should tell you something about the guys character.

When one or two guys sit out, you can usually attribute it to selfishness. But when you've got 4, 5, or 6 guys all among the best players from that country saying "I will not play for that guy", then I think you have to look a little deeper than that.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If they put Fedor Fedorov on the World Cup team, Sergei will likely play. Something they won't want to do, but, something they might have to do.

Or they can make Larionov GM.

I wonder which is better? ;)

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Hercules Rockefeller said:
If they put Fedor Fedorov on the World Cup team, Sergei will likely play. Something they won't want to do, but, something they might have to do.

Please NO! :banghead: :help:

Or they can make Larionov GM.

Please YES! :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad