Zetterberg vs Datsyuk?

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Yes, I know, I know, most if not all of your Wings fan hate this kind of question and thread. But hey its for fun right... let say hypothetically you can only keep one of Zetterberg or Datsyuk, who would you choose and why? Ignore contract and just focus on them being hockey player.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Datsyuk. Generally the better regular season player, better defender, good in shootouts, and takes over more games by himself with lesser linemates. I make it sound like I think it's a landslide, but it is really close.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
I honestly can't answer this question. I love them both for different reasons and can't imagine having to choose. Thankfully I'm not paid to.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I'm not picking between them either...

What amazes me with both of them...just when you think you know how good they are, they have another level they can take themselves to and it's frightening how much they can control a game on their own.

For Hank, he's taken to the captain role exceptionally well and his playoff efforts are amazing.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I found myself upset at the hypothetical premise of this poll.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
went with Zetterberg narrowly

would have gone with Datsyuk if they were the same age

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Went with Pavel as he's the generational talent, and the one I'd pay more to see play. He's also more likely to disappear in the PO's so that's Z's edge.

I decided this season that Z is the Paul Pierce of the NHL (minus, of course, Z leaving a playoff game in a wheelchair after "suffering" a phantom knee injury, only to re-enter the game later on in the pinnacle of fake sports drama... but that goes without saying :naughty:). Z seemed to pick up his skating pace in the PO's, but for much of the regular season, he just seemed SLOW with the puck. But just like Pierce, he would have guys all over him and still proceed to make plays left and right that make you shake your head and wonder how he pulled it off.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
We're so lucky to have both of them. I love Pasha and Zeta. I like Zetterberg more, he's my favorite player in the league and has been since Yzerman and Shanahan retired, but I recognize that Datsyuk is the better hockey player(perhaps not in the playoffs).(I also love Dats, he's top 5 all time for me too.)

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Come on folks, you're taking this a tad too seriously with your "I can't pick between the two" sentiments. I'm at least 70% sure that Holland won't be trading away whichever guy loses in the poll.

So... it's a simple question- a baby could answer it! If you were a hot dog and you were starving, would you eat... er, who do you pick between Pavel & Hank?

Would you ask a Mother to pick her favorite Child? I refuse to participate in your sick game!

I'm a dad, and picking a favorite kid isn't exactly like splitting the atom. No offense to those here who still reside in their parents' basement and shudder at the thought that their parents may be more partial to a sibling :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad