Zetterberg Out of Olympics/Indefinitely

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Z day-to-day with a herniated disk according to the score app....

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Thats not good, I have a feeling He'll only play 45- 55 games a season for the rest of his time with the wings

He's always had a bad back and been able to play through it, that sounds pretty extreme to make a statement like considering he's played 75+ games in every season except 2. It's the same with Franzen and Helm, people really need to reconsider labeling players as 'done' or 'broken', I remember when Helm was out, people would've bet their houses that he never would've came back.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
He's always had a bad back and been able to play through it, that sounds pretty extreme to make a statement like considering he's played 75+ games in every season except 2. It's the same with Franzen and Helm, people really need to reconsider labeling players as 'done' or 'broken', I remember when Helm was out, people would've bet their houses that he never would've came back.

He's getting older and takes a lot of abuse, its not crazy to think that a guy with chronic back problems will take longer to heal as he ages.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
He's getting older and takes a lot of abuse, its not crazy to think that a guy with chronic back problems will take longer to heal as he ages.

It's not crazy, but I do feel it is crazy to make a proclamation that from here on out he'll only be playing 45 games a year. His issues would would have to get much worse than they are now.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's not crazy, but I do feel it is crazy to make a proclamation that from here on out he'll only be playing 45 games a year. His issues would would have to get much worse than they are now.

I think a part of this is he does manage this quite well. There is no way to know one way or the other, but I have no doubt Z will be prepared as best as he can, I just don't think there is a lot he can do once it starts happening in season, he just manages it and sitting out practice and things of that nature is something he is going to do.

I don't think it is going to drop out that bad, we all certainly hope it doesn't. Really cannot see it being a half a year injury every year from here on out.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It's a little worrying that Z is injured and D looks like he's playing heavily injured. If we come out of the Olympics without those two, it could be a rough rest of the season.

We Are done without those 2.

Watched Russia vs Slovenia, but did not get too see USA Slovakia .

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
It's a little worrying that Z is injured and D looks like he's playing heavily injured. If we come out of the Olympics without those two, it could be a rough rest of the season.

if we dont have them, I think there is about 5 percent chance we are making playoff and I think even that is being hopeless optimistic.

Without them, I think it's smarter for us to tank and get better draft position. We won't have to try hard to tank because we would naturally be a bottom feeder without them.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
not too concerned about zetterberg. he has played with back injuries for years now. he can play through injuries and still be effective.

datsyuk is the player i'm concerned about. it seems that whenever he's not 100%, he's completely invisible out there

crashman

not too concerned about zetterberg. he has played with back injuries for years now. he can play through injuries and still be effective.

datsyuk is the player i'm concerned about. it seems that whenever he's not 100%, he's completely invisible out there

That's true, which seems to be pretty often in recent years.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
@garylawless 45s
Swedish media saying Zetterberg done for the tournament #bn #sochi14

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
gary lawless ‏@garylawless
Swedish media saying Zetterberg done for the tournament #bn #sochi14

Maybe he misunderstood that he's actually sitting out the pratice only. I don't know what to think.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Ugh Zetterberg's back was so bad he didn't even attend the team picture. That doesn't sound good....

NyquistIsMyGod*

I had Sweden's as the favourites heading into this. If Hank is done, oh boy.. They'd be so weak at centre ice. Hopefully he's only missing practice and is day-to-day.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
if he's indeed out for the rest of the tournament, at least he's going to be resting and not trying to battle through it like datsyuk is doing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->