Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Part II - Oops, I Got Sidetracked Again.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
isn't the trial of the sword basically their "cave of ordeals?"
i always liked that it was always a litmus test for me of how far i could get (out of ALL of them, i liked the third the best

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
isn't the trial of the sword basically their "cave of ordeals?"
i always liked that it was always a litmus test for me of how far i could get (out of ALL of them, i liked the third the best

Sword Trials are much harder than the Cave of Ordeals I'd say.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
thanks. i remember seeing that.
i think my problem is - i still always have trouble activating slow-motion-butt-kicking mode.

One thing you can do is use a flaming weapon if there is tall grass around: setting it on fire should allow you to bust out the glider, get some air and just let loose.

Try using a double/triple bow. They get staggered and you can jump on their back (like you would a horse) and wail away.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
yeah, I'm surprised we don't have a release date on this yet

but, I'm already on a backlog before I finish Odyssey, then USUM, Rocket League, End is Nigh, etc. I'll catch up eventually.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Booted the game up. Was greeted with a new side quest, which was pretty cool and get rewarded with one of the dumbest looking anime armours ever designed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
why are they? it doesn't even seem organic at all. at this rate why not a Mario Armour.

Mario doesn't need extra advertising.

Xenoblade 2 could use all the exposure it can get and BotW has a lot of anime qualities (and almost all JRPGs delve deeply into anime-tropes)

Plus finding the armour was pretty cool. A nice surprise when booting up the game! I hope they do more of these "here is a sidequest!" freebies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The EA saga makes me appreciate what Nintendo does even more.

Still they aren’t immune. It still bugs the shit out of me they have locked costumes behind the amibo pay wall with zero ways to unlock them through game play.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
The EA saga makes me appreciate what Nintendo does even more.

Still they aren’t immune. It still bugs the **** out of me they have locked costumes behind the amibo pay wall with zero ways to unlock them through game play.

that is so a bug. esp. that they'd make more money if they offered it as a DLC extra. i wouldn't mind doing that, though i like my amiibo cards now

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I think this might be challenging Chrono Trigger as my favorite game of all time. I beat the game a few weeks ago, and I'm still coming back and doing nothing except wandering around, getting into fights, seeing sights, upgrading armor, finding seeds, and doing the occasional remaining conversation quest, and I'm still loving it to death.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I think this might be challenging Chrono Trigger as my favorite game of all time. I beat the game a few weeks ago, and I'm still coming back and doing nothing except wandering around, getting into fights, seeing sights, upgrading armor, finding seeds, and doing the occasional remaining conversation quest, and I'm still loving it to death.

right?!. i'm very itchy to play this again. i keep telling myself no. LoZ: Breath of the Wild does not = groceries for this week.. with my new amiibo cards, i feel i can totally (hopefully) get everything (all the weapons, costumes etc, though the randomness as eff, drives me nuts)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
On that note, I am now fully upgraded slot-wise for weapons, bows, and shields, so my character is now essentially maxed out other than the trial of the sword and fully upgrading all of my armor after having already done everything else main story-wise, having beaten all 120 shrines, having cleared all four divine beasts, and having recovered all of Link's memories as well. Probably will keep coming back to wander a few more times at least before I move on (or the DLC comes out). Not sure I have a desire to start anew with the Master Mode any time soon, picking up from the very beginning seems extremely daunting to me and not necessarily in my wheelhouse to just unlock things again with tougher enemies.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad