Post-Game Talk: Zatkon, Zatkoff. Penguins keep their EYE on the prize, beat Rangers 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+++++++++++++++++++ Zatkoff . . . no words
+++++++++ Horny
+++++ Sheary and Kuhn
+++++ Sid without Kunitz and Letang in the second half of the game

- Sloppy start

No real minuses beyond that and he who shall not be named. Not pretty on style points, but a win is a win and this one was earned.

Side note: That EN goal doesn't happen if Kunitz isn't out there drawing three defenders to him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Zatkon, Zatkoff. Penguins keep their EYE on the prize, beat Rangers 5-2

+ Kunitz
+ Lovejoy
+ Cole

(Conor Sheary should be on the 1st line, the Pens would be better off with 5D than 7, Cole and Lovejoy shouldn't play another shift, Zatkoff was great at times, scary at others. He kept the Penguins in it when they looked like poop, so + for that).

Forget the goal - Kuhnhackl plays a wonderful playoff style of hockey. No fancy ****, no dangling ****. He puts it deep and then hits you, every shift. More of that.

(Sullivan has a lottttttttttttttttt of work to do)

(Hagelin - Bonino - Kessel was, BY FAR, the worst line on the team tonight. Just horrible, especially in the dzone)

ED NOTE - POSTING EARLY, TEMPTING FATE. KING KONG AIN'T GOT NUFFIN ON ME

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Regardless of who plays on Saturday, you have to give MAJOR props to Zatkoff for coming in and playing as well as he has. It's his first start in 2 months and he has been stellar. If this is his last game with the Pens, I'll look back on him very fondly.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Jay-Z_@_Shawn_'Jay-Z'_Carter_Foundation_Carnival_%28crop_2%29.jpg

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Needed Zats to steal us one tonight. Great job by him.
Good news is this team can play a whole lot better.
I think we need Rust and Geno to do it though. Especially Rust.
ETA: And Sheary with Sid-Horny regularly.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
I haven't said anything during the game because of karma, but now that it is safe I want you all to know that I forgive you for coming at me when I said JZatts had this. Bygones.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
+ Kunitz
+ Lovejoy
+ Cole

(Conor Sheary should be on the 1st line, the Pens would be better off with 5D than 7, Cole and Lovejoy shouldn't play another shift, Zatkoff was great at times, scary at others. He kept the Penguins in it when they looked like poop, so + for that).

Forget the goal - Kuhnhackl plays a wonderful playoff style of hockey. No fancy ****, no dangling ****. He puts it deep and then hits you, every shift. More of that.

(Sullivan has a lottttttttttttttttt of work to do)

(Hagelin - Bonino - Kessel was, BY FAR, the worst line on the team tonight. Just horrible, especially in the dzone)

ED NOTE - POSTING EARLY, TEMPTING FATE. KING KONG AIN'T GOT NUFFIN ON ME

Your thread title is better ...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I cannot believe what just happened. Zatkoff was a freaking beast in that first period. He flopped around and wasn't seeing the puck clean, but he was absolutely dominant when we needed him. Then the Pens became the Pens again and took off. Hats off to Zatkoff. I do not have words.

+++ Crosby, Sheary, Horny: I want that line to stay. They were awesome.

++ Cullen/Kuhn: Love the duo. Cannot wait til Rust is back.

I really don't think we need to talk about much other than a huge thank you to Zatkoff.

ThatGuy

Dec 21, 2006
Honestly, the pens didn't play very well. I think they'll pick it up though

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Zatkoff stood on his head. Hornqvist with a dominant game. Sheary is the real deal. He's been doing what he's doing for too long to not be a legitimate top 6 guy. Kuhnhackl did what I expected. We insulated Zatkoff tremendously. Awesome job by the defense tonight. They got to every single loose puck and cleared it.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Hats off to zatkoff. Credit to him is definitely due. Now get back on the bench.

Horny was awesome and Sid showed up.

Crap effort early turned into a great effort late. 1 down 15 to go.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Kessel okay? Rangers announcers said he might be in some pain and he wasn't out there in the last few minutes...or my paranoia is getting the best of me...need to know before sleep. It is early/late here.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
Didn't see it coming. But...

+ Zatkoff.

Now, Fluery and Murray, please heal up asap so we never have to try that again. :laugh:

+ Hatric Hornqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->