Zajac or Henrique: Who would you rather have centering Kovalchuk?

DevilsAnimal*

If kovy is on the right, then I want Henrique

with Kovy on the Left, I want Zajac

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure yet. Let's get some stability on the wing with Trav and Kovy first, and then I can make a decision. Maybe Henrique can be that stability on the first line? It's hard to say though. That left wing on that line has been juggled so much, and has also I feel made it easier to neutralize them.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Travis... cause I want Henrique on the left side of that duo, wich keeps Patrick in the middle on our 2nd line.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zajac. And Kovalchuk's days on the left wing are over under Peter De Boer, forget it.

Yeah I know, and I'm not sure why. It's become what seems a taboo topic with Pete. He was talking today about how many guys we can interchange in the lineup, but didn't bring up Kovy could be used on the left. It seems as if it's become an under no circumstance thing with him.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
i'd rather Adam, i just feel like his playing style would be better suited to be with Kovy holding the puck like he does. i like his play offensively away from the puck more than Travis, even though im sure both of them will do great given the chance

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah I know, and I'm not sure why. It's become what seems a taboo topic with Pete. He was talking today about how many guys we can interchange in the lineup, but didn't bring up Kovy could be used on the left. It seems as if it's become an under no circumstance thing with him.

If he's still a 1PPG forward and playing RW really helps him to be more reliable, I will not complain. But really, he's turning a corner defensively.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
really still just want kovy on the left so his wheelhouse is always open. dont care who the center is honestly.

JustinZ

Mar 29, 2010
really still just want kovy on the left so his wheelhouse is always open. dont care who the center is honestly.

I don't get it. It severely limits him offensively being on the right.

1. He's not open to ripping a one-timer.

2. His deadliest shot is shooting far side from the left. Either top right corner or just over the pad, below the glow.

3. A move he used to do a lot which i liked was streak down the left side, make a sharp stop to lose the defenseman, cut though the center with the puck on his forehand, and rip a wrister.

Obviously he prefers the left. He played it his whole career and played it the off-season in Russia. Now that Parise is gone there is no reason he should be on the right.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
He roams about where ever he wants in the offensive zone. It honestly doesn't matter what position you pencil him in at to start the game.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Stop with the LW RW nonsense! Besides the fact that he roams all over the place on every rush, our offense lives and breathes by forechecking and having puck possession in the offensive zone not by fancy plays on the rush where you want Kovy one timing passes. C'mon people...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I want Henrique on the LW of the Kovy/Zajac line. We need a REAL first line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->