Injury Report: Zaitzev not recovering from the Flu, to undergo tests

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
People need to layoff Zaitsev. Even on his worst night he is still better then half of the defense core as it sits today!!!! Remember who he plays with, and even the best of dmen have bad seasons here and there let alone one that is only in his second season.

Where have Keith, Seabrook, Burns, Karlsson been this season??? Dmen have their bad seasons, it happens. Lay off and let him play his game, we need him for the playoffs.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
People need to layoff Zaitsev. Even on his worst night he is still better then half of the defense core as it sits today!!!! Remember who he plays with, and even the best of dmen have bad seasons here and there let alone one that is only in his second season.

Where have Keith, Seabrook, Burns, Karlsson been this season??? Dmen have their bad seasons, it happens. Lay off and let him play his game, we need him for the playoffs.
Zaitsev has been bad since his concusion late last season season. Which carried into the playoffs and into this season.

Zaitsev is not better then rielly, gardiner or dermott which is half of our defence sooo....

I wish he bounces back cause he looks f***ing terrible out there.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I do so enjoy the whole "remember who he plays with" narrative

I'd like an explanation on why Zaitsev looks like **** beside Gardiner and it's Gardiner's fault but by some miracle Gardiner can make Polak and Carrick look borderline top 4 players?

You would almost think that's not a Gardiner issue but somehow it always is

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
-22 last season. Worst on the team. -4 in the playoff last season. Worst on the team.

This season, +10, 2nd best for blueliners on the club. Best shot-blocker. 3rd in hits behind
Borgman and Polak. The problem has been he's almost given the puck away as much
as Reilly and almost taken it away from the opposition less then half that Morgan has.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
-22 last season. Worst on the team. -4 in the playoff last season. Worst on the team.

This season, +10, 2nd best for blueliners on the club. Best shot-blocker. 3rd in hits behind
Borgman and Polak. The problem has been he's almost given the puck away as much
as Reilly and almost taken it away from the opposition less then half that Morgan has.

Yeah, I haven't been impressed. At the same time, he's been derailed by injuries and has openly talked about being too anxious and self-defeating on the ice. I'm fine giving him a mulligan on the year but he needs to get it together.

I hope that the security of his contact will let him focus on the mental aspects of his game.

Reactions: cookie
Sep 18, 2009

Except the defense looks better without him in it

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Only in Toronto do fans want to exile a player sick with the flu!!

Maybe they should trade Matthews for a bag of pucks too. He’s useless. Can’t even hold a stick!

Everyone hates bad contracts on their team and Zaitsev is among the leagues worst

I love the flu in Zaitsev

StatsNightHeroes

Jan 15, 2016
Good to have home back. I can’t stand him and Gardiner as a pairing though. Too much redundancy in their skill sets. They should put Dermott with Zaitsev and give Gardiner either Carrick or Polak. Gardiner handles the puck on his own breaking out and in transition so much that giving him a partner like Zaitsev is abit of a waste. I thought they looked fine tonight, but throughout the year I’ve been underwhelmed with their play together.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
So is it possible hes just been sick?
Seemed pretty serious if it was an illness for that long but maybe they're just being super careful that he didn't infect anyone right before the playoffs. Same approach to Matthews taking more time than he needed just to be sure.

I liked his come back game though. No glaring mistakes that I remember against a pretty grind heavy team.

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
I can't believe he's still sick from the flu. Who was that guy that played in last nights game against the predators?

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016

Good night for Zaits. He made some great outlets and an awesome play on Hartnell that lead to Jake's goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liminality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad