Zaitsev

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Is it time to bench him and play Carrick? He hasn't been great this season.

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Dermott
Polak-Carrick

I think Dermott deserves a promotion.

I'd probably put Martin in also since Komarov might miss next game. Wouldn't mind Moore in for Plekanic either.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I’d be up for this idea. Zaitzev’s contract is starting to bug me

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
He's been an absolute trainwreck all season. The only reason why he stays in the top 4 is because he's a Gud Pro.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Sad to see him collapse like that. Many thought he was only good enough to be bottom 6. Maybe they are right.

All our D has been pretty exposed this series. Many players still look to be slotted too high in the line up. I am sorry. I don't care if we have two 50 point D-men.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm a Zaitsev fan but this was such a brutal game for him. I have no idea what happened to him. It just seemed like his hockey IQ plummeted.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's been an absolute trainwreck all season. The only reason why he stays in the top 4 is because he's a Gud Pro.

He'd be fine in a lesser role but that would mean having Carrick play more minutes with Polak sitting out, but Babcock hates Carrick and then he won't ever give Dermott bigger minutes because he's not a "gud pro" quite yet.

Babcock would rather lose with his veterans performing poorly than to take a chance with performing younger players I can guarantee you that.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Didn't like the long term deal after the concussion and the fact he only had 1 season under his belt.

Thankfully he isn't under a NTC/NMC until next summer, so he's easier to move in that time if need be.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
He's a placeholder. Nothing more. Signed him to a long-term contract because we needed someone to play the minutes and had no one else.
RHD: Hainsey, Zaitsev, Polak, Carrick

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Borgman needs to be in the lineup against Boston, he looked good early on

RIELLY - - - DERMOTT
GARDINER - HAINSEY
BORGMAN - POLAK/ZAITSEV/CARRICK

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Is it time to bench him and play Carrick? He hasn't been great this season.

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Dermott
Polak-Carrick

I think Dermott deserves a promotion.

I'd probably put Martin in also since Komarov might miss next game. Wouldn't mind Moore in for Plekanic either.

Hainsey has been as bad if not worse, sadly his age is starting to show as the season goes on. Needs sheltered minutes...

liljegren beast

Mar 28, 2018
It's getting to the point where it is concerning that this guy is locked up longterm. Unacceptable effort tonight, just shameful :help:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
His composure with the puck is concerning.
It's almost like as soon as he gets it panic sets in and he tries to get it off his stick as quick as possible and it leads to turnovers and broken breakouts or icings.
I wouldnt be suprised that the concussion he got has him playing extremely twitchy.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Sadly, the only way Zaits gets moved is if we get a top pairing D AND a mid-pairing D to replace him. Leafs were probably facing the grim reality that finding competent D (let alone 1st pairing) is a massive undertaking.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
His composure with the puck is concerning.
It's almost like as soon as he gets it panic sets in and he tries to get it off his stick as quick as possible and it leads to turnovers and broken breakouts or icings.
I wouldnt be suprised that the concussion he got has him playing extremely twitchy.

Zaitsev's play with the puck reminds me of when you're playing NHL 18 on with bad sliders. The moment he gets the puck it's like all five of the opposition are coming at him at 1.5x speed.

Reactions: weems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->