Jul 10, 2013
Provorov>Risto
Zaitsev>Maatta
Sergachev>=Juolevi

Russians

But, Heiskanen>Sergachev>=Joulevi

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Feel bad for Risto in this poll because he is the dman I would want the most. But the three Russians are all better than Juolevi and Maatta.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Provorov has the highest ceiling of the six, Sergachev has the second highest ceiling and it's a tossup between Risto, Juolevi and arguably Ziatsev for 3rd.

I voted for the Russians

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
The Russian trio on average is trending up and the Finnish trio on average is trending down (or at least Määttä and Juolevi's development has stagnated). Heiskanen and maybe Honka or Välimäki replacing Määttä and Juolevi would be a more interesting poll.

Last edited:

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Isn't juolevi's stock down at the moment? And I know maata has mixed reviews. Right now I'll take the Russians

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
And btw it's way too early to determine Finnish dcore for the future (if that's what you meant). We had 4 defenders taken in the 1st round this summer, all have (more or less likely) chances to surpass any of those 3 players.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
calm down dude, Ristolainen is without a doubt the best defenseman here looking at his all around game :facepalm:
Nah, it's a tossup between him and Zaitsev for the 3rd place :sarcasm:

Sarcasm aside, Määttä is actually making a kind of comeback this season. Skating looks better. If he gets back to his rookie season level and surpasses it, and you switch Juolevi with a hotter prospect (Heiskanen/even Välimäki), it's a better poll.

Reactions: Hockeyisl1fe

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
This is for the future? I'd go with the Finns since Ristolainen will be the best of the lot.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Hmm... Juolevi over both Välimäki and Heiskanen, really?
Juolevi will be playing in Liiga, it should be easier to compare this season. Until we know for sure, why not? Juolevi and Heiskanen played on the same line and Juolevi is a year ahead in his development. Is it so farfetched to take him in front of Heiskanen?

Either way the Russians win this one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad