Injury Report: Zaitsev on IR; Marty Marooch recalled

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I wonder if the Leafs have any competent talent evaluators?

Marincin gets called up and the experts here are all over it, so someone doesn't have a clue.

Maybe he's being punished because they lost Saturday.

member 262271

Sucks for Zaits, hopefully it's a speedy recovery. Like many have said it's a PK thing - why Marty is up. Like Nith said I think it's likely Borgman who rotates out.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Rielly Hainsey
Gardiner Marincin
Borgman Polak

superman-drinking.gif

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Marincin has been VERY good for the Marlies. Part of the best defense in the AHL. This gives us a good reason to FINALLY sit Polak and insert someone that can be more effective in Carrick.

We never should have signed Polak and should have just kept Marincin, even if he struggled in pre-season. But from the look of things he'll probably be the new 7th defenseman.

Anyone asking why Rosen wasn't called up, it's simple... He's been struggling.

Reactions: cookie

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
That means Polak will be getting more ice time now. I hope instead they give Rielly an uptick in ice time and leave Polak at the same minutes. But now you have Polak, Borgman, Carrick as the bottom 3 D. Not good. As for the title, at first I thought "who the hell is Marty Marooch?" LOL

I think Polak stays where he is and Carrick gets paired with Gards

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Zaitsev is a big loss and I hope he is back soon, He along with Hainsey was literally playing every single minute of Leafs PK

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Zaitsev is a great talent but he's somewhat shaky when paired with Gardiner. It's obviously somewhat of a loss, but wouldn't mind seeing Dermott up for a cup of coffee either if he's healthy at some point during Zaitsev's absence.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Zaitsev is a big loss and I hope he is back soon, He along with Hainsey was literally playing every single minute of Leafs PK
I agree he was a beast on the pk blocking shots like a mad man, hoping for a speedy recovery!

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Marincin is probably the 7th Dman. And he can play both sides. If healthy, Dermot might have been a better promotion, but only if a LHD was injured.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't think Marincin plays the right side. At least I think so. Not sure who Babs will put where.
What we're the practice lines?

I can remember Marincin playing his offside with Rielly at one stage

His ability to move the puck wasn't great, but I'm not sure he can anyway

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I can remember Marincin playing his offside with Rielly at one stage

His ability to move the puck wasn't great, but I'm not sure he can anyway
Should be a fun GDT.
A currently anemic offense followed by everyone's fav D inserted in the lineup. Quite possibly we run with 5 LHD and Polak is the only righty.
Have I harped enough on organizational depth at certain positions?
Fun times ahead. :)

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Should be a fun GDT.
A currently anemic offense followed by everyone's fav D inserted in the lineup. Quite possibly we run with 5 LHD and Polak is the only righty.
Have I harped enough on organizational depth at certain positions?
Fun times ahead. :)

I think there going to use Marincin as the #7D and play Carrick

The practice pairs Were

Rielly Hainsey
Gardiner Carrick
Borgman Polak

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Carrick is on a pretty short leash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad