Injury Report: Zaitsev Back For Game 3

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Probably still Hunwick Rielly. Marincin Carrick will probably be the 3rd pairing

That's probably how it will go.

Or

Hunwick - Rielly
Gardiner - Carrick
Marincin - Zaitsev

Eases Zaitsev back, but makes sure one of him or Rielly/Gardiner is always on the ice.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That's probably how it will go.

Or

Hunwick - Rielly
Gardiner - Carrick
Marincin - Zaitsev

Eases Zaitsev back, but makes sure one of him or Rielly/Gardiner is always on the ice.

Carrick played under 19 minutes in a double OT game. He will really need to do something special tonight to get top 4 minutes

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Great to have him back! Hopefully he's actually recovered, and not rushing back, coming back too early from a concussion has been a really bad idea for so many players. But if he's actually fully recovered, this is great news.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I agree but he must be doing something wrong to only get 18+ minutes in a double ot game.

Don't take bad penalties
Then the coach won't bench your ***

When he was on the ice he played well so at least that was positive

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
IIRC he saw a lot of time on the bench after he took a penalty in the second

Don't take bad penalties
Then the coach won't bench your ***

When he was on the ice he played well so at least that was positive
Ok if that's why then all is good. Sadly I was working and couldn't follow the games.
I sw from the line rushes today he was 3rd pairing with marincin.
when he's on his game he can give quality minutes.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Yea, game 7 vs the Ducks gives him a decent amount of time to get better.:sarcasm:

Well played sir! Very well played!
wiser-s-slow-clap-o.gif

But it will be vs san jose
:D

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hey Caps, we have a Russian too, who plays fast and nasty,

Talk about your great8;
Talk about your wrist shot and slap shot;

Well Leafs Nation says we now have our Russian back as well. He is called Nikita Z

:yo:

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I am curious how with Zaitsev back will affect the PP alignments. The Leafs PP has not been great by any stretch, but I think the PP has helped Rielly's game. He not only gets the tough assignments defensively which can be mentally and physically taxing, but he has been getting PP time which is more fun. He gets to enjoy the PP as a break from his defensive duties.

But with that said, Zaitsev and Gardiner have QBed the #2 PP all season long.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Thank god!

If he is his usually self then we actually got better swapping him our for Polak. Let's make a series of this boys!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It was a bit depressing to see Don Cherry rip into Zaitsev last night. Something like "what are all the guys on the Marlies thinking about them giving HIM! a 7 year contract". I've always liked Don but this was just too much. Also really odd to see him use +- numbers to back up his POV as of late, I remember years ago when he was explaining in detail why it's not a good idea to judge players by +- and now ... oh well, I guess he's forgotten. That old saying about "he's forgotten more about hockey than you'll ever know" comes to mind - if his forgotten knowledge hasn't surpassed my current knowledge by now, I guess it's getting pretty close. :laugh:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Yeah Cherry's comments were ridiculous
There was also another comment about "not the Canadian way" or something along those lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad