Zagrapan/Fehr...

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
Which would you prefer to have on your team/in your teams prospect bank and why? Who do you think will become the better player at the NHL level? I'm looking for more info on both of the guys, any help is very welcome.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Fehr.

I think he's a first line talent, whereas Zagrapan has the look of a 2nd liner to me. Fehr will also be playing with Ovechkin, which can't hurt his production.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Fehr and it's not even fair

Zagrapan have no hearth, he was very lazy with chicoutimi , i dont think he will like to play for Lindy Ruff , just my two cent !

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
gars59 summed it up pretty nicely. Zagrapan has tons of talent just no heart.

Fehr is looking like he'll be a great 1st/2nd liner in the next few years.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
gars59 said:
Fehr and it's not even fair

Zagrapan have no hearth, he was very lazy with chicoutimi , i dont think he will like to play for Lindy Ruff , just my two cent !

I haven't seen him play but lazy and heartless definitly won't fit well in Buffalo.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
fehr is lazy also and shirks defensive responsibilities, also like mike ryder he isnt effective if he isnt scoring. he cant produce without a set up man. he has a very good shot, is kind of soft for a big man.
isnt zagrapan a creative player ? someone who can create chances. fehr isnt.
from what i know of these 2 (i saw fehr play 4 years in the dub) it would be a tough call im not sure who i'd want. perhaps zagrapan will breat out and be dominant next year in the "Q"

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
dannoabram said:
fehr is lazy also and shirks defensive responsibilities, also like mike ryder he isnt effective if he isnt scoring. he cant produce without a set up man. he has a very good shot, is kind of soft for a big man.
isnt zagrapan a creative player ? someone who can create chances. fehr isnt.
from what i know of these 2 (i saw fehr play 4 years in the dub) it would be a tough call im not sure who i'd want. perhaps zagrapan will breat out and be dominant next year in the "Q"

For Fehr, I don't know if "inconsistent" and "lazy" are the same thing. When he has been in camp, and from most words out of Hershey he has worked pretty hard on improving his game. I understand he is in more of a microscope then, but he has improved his defense a lot from where he was. While some days he stood out (with his shot and reach) and other days he was invisible, I wouldnt' say I saw him to be lazy.

Maybe his WHL days were more of the actuality, instead of what he has shown over here.

Either way, he still has a ways to go as a prospect.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
I'm from Chicoutimi and I personally didn't like the way Zagrapan played this season at all. He had no intensity. None.

The sad thing is he came in this season with an improved speed, a better shot, but didn't use that to his advantage all that much all season long.

He's got the tools but no desire.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
i just dont understand why the staff of buffalo draft zagrapan last year , because he just dont fit on her system , he will not be enjoy to play for a coach who want his player to give her maximum , and when i saw vanek was benched .....

but he have a ton of talent imo

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
SOLR said:
What side Fehr is playing?
Will we see Ovech playing center? Can he?(I think so)

I highly doubt we'll ever see AO playing center. He is better off playing with a defensively sound center who plays back a little so AO can steam in freight train style. Worked like this with Zubrus this past season.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
Corona-12 said:
Which would you prefer to have on your team/in your teams prospect bank and why? Who do you think will become the better player at the NHL level? I'm looking for more info on both of the guys, any help is very welcome.

Fehr can't skate worth a s****t, but he is big and can shoot

Playing with Ovechkin won't hurt him at all

I've never seen Zagrapan play, but from what I've heard he doesn't have heart, and he isn't good in his own zone, and you can't have that.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Chainshot said:
Maybe it's time to actually give a youngster some time to develop?

I agree. He's young and full of talent. It might take him a few years, or he might never get it, but hey, I've got Zags and Fehr on my 3rd line in EHM 05, and they're doing pretty well together. Set-up man and the laser release. :dunno: Works for me.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Zagrapan. I feel he has more upside than Fehr and I do believe that he will be a great fit in Buffalo. I think the ''lazy'' tag has gotten a bit out of hand. He isn't Pavel Brendl you know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad