News Article: Zack Smith fined for diving/embellishment

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What? Smith has been awesome.

On pace for 19 goals, 24 points with strong two-way play and a physical bent to his game. What more can you ask from a guy who makes under 2 million and has spent the majority of his ice time on the 4th line beside Neil?

Lol 5 assists.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Bad on Smith because I don't want the Sens to be cheaters/divers like some other teams but as long as it is an isolated incident... it's ok

This.

SO

MUCH

THIS!!

He's been quite good in his 4th line role but he should be nowhere near the top line. He still floats out there too much for a player with his limited skills.

Put the guy on the 4th line or trade him. No place for Zack Smith in a top 6 role.

Yes... but MacArthur or even Michalek would normally be in the top-6, but they are not available. Let's not blame this on Zack Smith? lol I really hope it's not a current trend

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
I've actually been impressed with Smith's play at 2nd line wing. For him playing way out of his depth at a position he failed miserably at last time we tried this he's been, just ok. Definitely a better top 6 winger than the incredible Borocop. Keep up the good work Cammy! Shane who...?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I've actually been impressed with Smith's play at 2nd line wing. For him playing way out of his depth at a position he failed miserably at last time we tried this he's been, just ok. Definitely a better top 6 winger than the incredible Borocop. Keep up the good work Cammy! Shane who...?

How are you impressed? Since he was put on the top 6 his lines have generated all of ONE goal, in which he had not bearing on the play. Someone posted earlier that he has 6 shots on goal and one point in the last 7 games. Even when Colin Greening played top 6 he smashed those numbers.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Watching his play, he appears to be playing well, for him. Is he producing, no. He's obviously out of his depth. As an alternative to Boro on that line, he's excellent, can receive and return a pass. So I guess what I am impressed by, is his overall play appears solid for a 4th liner being forced to play out of position on the top line and playing well enough that I don't throw my beer at the screen every time he's on the puck. Should he be there? Hell no. But until Cameron gets his head out of his ass we appear to be stuck with it.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Impressed in general, or impressed for what you're used to seeing in Smith?

He's been absolutely brutal as a top 6er. Like extremely brutal.

Like he'd put up 15-20 points in the top 6 over a season type of brutal.

Bilbo

Jul 22, 2011
Montreal
Should he be there? Hell no. But until Cameron gets his head out of his ass we appear to be stuck with it.

His numbers over the last 8 games are bad for a 4th line forward playing limited minutes with no PP time. Now for a top 6 forward with top 6 minutes and on the PP ...

Smiths Last 8 games totals: 1 Goal, 0 assists, -1, 7 shots

This puts him him firmly in, or perhaps below, Greening neighbourhood.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
His numbers over the last 8 games are bad for a 4th line forward playing limited minutes with no PP time. Now for a top 6 forward with top 6 minutes and on the PP ...

Smiths Last 8 games totals: 1 Goal, 0 assists, -1, 7 shots

This puts him him firmly in, or perhaps below, Greening neighbourhood.

And then you look at borows numbers in the top 6 and people wonder why were struggling of late.

Yet we have 8 points in 17 games sitting in the pressbox.

I don't like using this word, but that is ****ing ********.

Edit: looks like HF doesn't like using that word either but I wanted it for emphasis lol.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
And then you look at borows numbers in the top 6 and people wonder why were struggling of late.

Yet we have 8 points in 17 games sitting in the pressbox.

I don't like using this word, but that is ****ing ********.

Edit: looks like HF doesn't like using that word either but I wanted it for emphasis lol.

Boro isn't playing in the top 6. I think he took one shift beside Turris in Florida.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->