Injury Report: Zack Smith - Dislocated wrist

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Weird bit of luck for Cameron here - assuming Smith may not be part of his future plans. Get to audition someone from within the organization without risking alienating Smith.

With Smith injured and on the IR list, the team now has the maximum 23 player roster. So anyone on it can play at any time. If the team wants to bring up a Binghamton player, it would have to put another player on IR or make a trade.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Sens recalled Pageau. This should be good

I see they are bringing in some toughness instead of the newly reformed softie Smith. So the days of the pure pugilist aren't over. ;)

Bad for Smith but good for JGP. Hope he shows up with a lot of speed and drive. Guys can't hold back they have to take advantage of their chances.

With Smith injured and on the IR list, the team now has the maximum 23 player roster. So anyone on it can play at any time. If the team wants to bring up a Binghamton player, it would have to put another player on IR or make a trade.

Did you forget about Neil?

Karlsson2Turris*

Methot's on IR too.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Sucks for him, but all the stars are finally aligning with Neil, Phillips, Michalek and Smith out. Now we can see what this team can really do.

Kind of hard to believe how great these injuries and scratches have worked out. I mean these are the 4 I'd have sitting (or traded, not signed, whatever)
Excited for tomorrow's game

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am huge fan of the skill and speed game over the grit and size game, but I can say Smith is a player I like for his chippyness he doesn't cost us games like Phillips, and Neil, but he could he do more to help us win? sure. Should we be celebrating his major injury like its gonna save the season for us? Probably Not.

Gonna be interesting tho to see who we call up, I wanna see Pageau Honestly.

I agree with you that skill and speed alone is preferred over grit and size alone, but I like to have all 4, which is seldom seen in top level players. I like Smith playing 4th line center with strong physical play. Unfortunately, last year, he took too many minor penalties and was part of the problem the team had last year. If he could cut down on taking minor penalties while playing a physical game, i would like him even more.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I see they are bringing in some toughness instead of the newly reformed softie Smith. So the days of the pure pugilist aren't over. ;)

Bad for Smith but good for JGP. Hope he shows up with a lot of speed and drive. Guys can't hold back they have to take advantage of their chances.

Did you forget about Neil?

Is Neil on IR too? Someone said Methot is on IR as well. That would open 2 spots for callups.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Neil is week-to-week with a knee injury

Michalek ought to be back soon too

Very happy about JGP coming to Ottawa, love the kid

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Pageau makes more sense than Prince for filling Smith's role.

Not rejoicing over Smith's injury like others. I don't see him as being as ineffective as other bottom 6 players here.

Anyway, if Cameron's smart he will reunite Pageau's MTL/PIT playoff line with Greening and Condra.

I am about the only one (and MAK) who seems to remember that Greening and Condra have crazy chemistry together, to the point where Greening seems useful and you forget Condra is an offensive black hole.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
only half happy about these injuries because it seems like the only way to get them to take a break and let guys like pageau have a few games.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
These injuries seem like a way to get more effective players on the ice, but Murray loves his tough guys and may feel he has to trade to get a tough player especially as it seems they are out for the long term.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kind of hard to believe how great these injuries and scratches have worked out. I mean these are the 4 I'd have sitting (or traded, not signed, whatever)
Excited for tomorrow's game

It's very....interesting.

Are these injuries or "injuries"...I wonder.

Kinda strange I didn't hear anything about Smith being injured yesterday.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I am about the only one (and MAK) who seems to remember that Greening and Condra have crazy chemistry together, to the point where Greening seems useful and you forget Condra is an offensive black hole.

I'm a member of this club too, dang it!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
So if Pageau is recalled, we are back to 5 Cs. Who slides to wing again?

I wouldn't mind sending Lazar to the WC and recalling Prince:

Hoff - Ziba - Ryan
Mac - Turris - Stone
Greening - Legwand - Condra
Prince - Pageau - Chiasson

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
So if Pageau is recalled, we are back to 5 Cs. Who slides to wing again?

I wouldn't mind sending Lazar to the WC and recalling Prince:

Hoff - Ziba - Ryan
Mac - Turris - Stone
Greening - Legwand - Condra
Prince - Pageau - Chiasson

Perhaps flip pageau and legs. I'd expect Michalek to draw back in instead of Prince.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
But a hell a lot more entertaining to watch. Also, I would wager a lot more competitive.

Yeah, Ottawa really lacks young entertaining talent... Lehner, Karlsson, Ceci, Cowen, Wiercioch, Turris, Ryan, Hoffman, Chiasson, Zibanejad, Lazar, Borowiecki... Pageau just recalled and a lot more coming up

I mean are we trying to set a record for the youngest team ever or the less NHL experienced ever?

My opinion is you're setting yourself for utter failure (see Oilers or other teams for example) if you go ONLY youth and don't make a progressive transition...

Is it a HF general thing or is it just on HF Sens that people absolutely hate veterans? Of course you can have quality veterans like Alfie and Gonchar (both over 40 y/o now) but they are a bit more expensive than Chris Neil and Chris Phillips... and yeah a lot harder to attract to Ottawa... not a city players line-up to play in. You sign guys like MacArthur, Anderson and Legwand and hope for the best.

Oh and just to say how much credibility I give to this board in general, is when I look at PP stats... Legwand is 1st in PP goals, 2nd in PP points. That's kind of ironically funny considering the constant bashing he gets. Oh but let me guess, this is not "results oriented" in this case... Yeah right...

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, Ottawa really lacks young entertaining talent... Lehner, Karlsson, Ceci, Cowen, Wiercioch, Turris, Ryan, Hoffman, Chiasson, Zibanejad, Lazar, Borowiecki... Pageau just recalled and a lot more coming up

I mean are we trying to set a record for the youngest team ever or the less NHL experienced ever?

My opinion is you're setting yourself for utter failure (see Oilers or other teams for example) if you go ONLY youth and don't make a progressive transition...

Actually the Oilers playing only young guys is a fallacy. They have a number of veterans. The issue there is that the young guys play the majority of the minutes, and they are one dimensional. All of them are smallish offensive minded. We are not even close that. Don't be a drama queen.

Is it a HF general thing or is it just on HF Sens that people absolutely hate veterans? Of course you can have quality veterans like Alfie and Gonchar (both over 40 y/o now) but they are a bit more expensive than Chris Neil and Chris Phillips... and yeah a lot harder to attract to Ottawa... not a city players line-up to play in. You sign guys like MacArthur, Anderson and Legwand and hope for the best.

Oh and just to say how much credibility I give to this board in general, is when I look at PP stats... Legwand is 1st in PP goals, 2nd in PP points. That's kind of ironically funny considering the constant bashing he gets. Oh but let me guess, this is not "results oriented" in this case... Yeah right...

Hey, I don't mind playing the veterans. IF they can play. That's a big if. Phillips is a borderline 7th D, Neil is still ok as a 12th forward on most nights but has more and more games where he struggles to keep up, Legwand is at most a 3rd line C that pretty much only scores on the PP, Michalek is on his last leg, figuratively and literally.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Actually the Oilers playing only young guys is a fallacy. They have a number of veterans. The issue there is that the young guys play the majority of the minutes, and they are one dimensional. All of them are smallish offensive minded. We are not even close that. Don't be a drama queen.

Hey, I don't mind playing the veterans. IF they can play. That's a big if. Phillips is a borderline 7th D, Neil is still ok as a 12th forward on most nights but has more and more games where he struggles to keep up, Legwand is at most a 3rd line C that pretty much only scores on the PP, Michalek is on his last leg, figuratively and literally.

As long as he does score on PP, that is all I ask from Legwand. His play has picked up lately, good sign.

As for Smith, he was having a dreadful season, this injury will only make it worse for him, hope he is ok. I am happy to see Pageau called up though, it is always good to know what depth do we really have. He had some good showings in the last couple of years, let's see if Pageau can play consistently at NHL level, if Smith is out long term. Also, want to see Prince and Puempel get a chance to play their 1st games this season.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Never ever ever google image something injury related.

I type in sprained neck muscles and it shows you a decapitation. Turrrrrribleee.

But yea, dislocated wrist is brutalll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->