Prospect Info: Zachary Fucale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We can see that Fucale, still only 21, is a very legit prospect. 21 is still very young for a goalie. Same thing for DeLaRose, still only 21 and showing signs that he is progressing offensively.

We can see...how? Because he got 1 shutout against the 2nd worst team in the entire league? Yeah, he's still young. But you can't see that he is a VERY legit prospect solely because of that one game. 'Cause you are surely not taking into consideration what he has done in the past. He had a good record with an ECHL team yet, had a Save% of .898. A guy like D'Agostini who has NO potential to be a NHL goalie has a Save% of .894. So it's not like he is a one-man show in the ECHL either.

So he is a prospect. We shouldn't count him out. BUt he has A LONG WAY to go. Play WAY TOO SMALL for a goalie his size. You watch him play and never would guess he is that tall. And that's a problem. Lindgren is clearly ahead. And we will see how McNiven handles himself next year.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Before placing McNiven ahead of Fucale, you should wait to see him play at least one pro game.

If McNiven puts up Fucale type numbers in pro level it'd be disappointing as well. At least in his case, he put up good numbers in junior.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Binghampton is weak, but we lost 4-2 against them on March 31. Fucale was named first star of the game. It's kind of all or nothing with him this year. He has a problem with consistency, but when he is on his game, his level is elite. The question is if he can solve his consistency problem. He was great this year at the Spengler Cup. I think his problem is not to look big in the net, but to be well prepared mentally for every game. That is the challenge for him.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
We can see...how? Because he got 1 shutout against the 2nd worst team in the entire league? Yeah, he's still young. But you can't see that he is a VERY legit prospect solely because of that one game. 'Cause you are surely not taking into consideration what he has done in the past. He had a good record with an ECHL team yet, had a Save% of .898. A guy like D'Agostini who has NO potential to be a NHL goalie has a Save% of .894. So it's not like he is a one-man show in the ECHL either.

So he is a prospect. We shouldn't count him out. BUt he has A LONG WAY to go. Play WAY TOO SMALL for a goalie his size. You watch him play and never would guess he is that tall. And that's a problem. Lindgren is clearly ahead. And we will see how McNiven handles himself next year.

You really like ******** on Fucale don't you? I don't think anyone is saying he is Carey Price but has had a decent season all told and playing at the Spengler Cup, when so many others could have been asked, was a nice bonus and he did well.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
You really like ******** on Fucale don't you? I don't think anyone is saying he is Carey Price but has had a decent season all told and playing at the Spengler Cup, when so many others could have been asked, was a nice bonus and he did well.

Good. So since nobody is saying he's Carey Price, thank god I'm not saying he's André Racicot either. Tell me how the poster that says, just after he got a shutout, incredible coincidence, that he is a legit prospect, when NOBODY in here said that about him in months. Tell me how I'm wrong to say that he was not a world beater in the ECHL. And tell me how wrong I am to call him a prospect we shouln't write off yet. But that a long way to go.

Have you said that once to WeThreeKings who keep being down on the guy since he saw him play a lot in Juniors?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Good. So since nobody is saying he's Carey Price, thank god I'm not saying he's André Racicot either. Tell me how the poster that says, just after he got a shutout, incredible coincidence, that he is a legit prospect, when NOBODY in here said that about him in months. Tell me how I'm wrong to say that he was not a world beater in the ECHL. And tell me how wrong I am to call him a prospect we shouln't write off yet. But that a long way to go.

Have you said that once to WeThreeKings who keep being down on the guy since he saw him play a lot in Juniors?

Nobody has talked about him in months? Some of us have been talking about him in the the Fucale thread...

I still think he is a legit prospect and just because Lindgren came along and happens to be better at the moment does not mean Fucale suddenly sucks.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
AHL shutout victory in his last start and not sent back to ECHL but stayed on as backup for Lindgren today with Danis in the stands.

Wonder if he will be sent back further down or if he will stay in the AHL. Also wonder if he is around because Montoya is still no ready and Lindgren might be called back up to the Habs.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Nobody has talked about him in months? Some of us have been talking about him in the the Fucale thread...

I still think he is a legit prospect and just because Lindgren came along and happens to be better at the moment does not mean Fucale suddenly sucks.

And again, thank god I didn't say that he sucked. And thank god that I've never implied that because of Lindgren that Fucale sucked, 'cause before Lindgren came in, I had some reservations about Fucale....though.....was NEVER saying that he sucked in the process.

There will be way less poster bashing if people would actually REALLY discuss what was said instead of fabricating stories. Would be less fun though, that I know.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
And again, thank god I didn't say that he sucked. And thank god that I've never implied that because of Lindgren that Fucale sucked, 'cause before Lindgren came in, I had some reservations about Fucale....though.....was NEVER saying that he sucked in the process.

There will be way less poster bashing if people would actually REALLY discuss what was said instead of fabricating stories. Would be less fun though, that I know.

Did I "bash you"? Really?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't get the hype/belief people have in his abilities. Eye test and stats both indicate he's got long ways to go before being anything useful. Maybe one day but doubt it's with Montreal.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I don't get the hype/belief people have in his abilities. Eye test and stats both indicate he's got long ways to go before being anything useful. Maybe one day but doubt it's with Montreal.

Shhh....don't say that. You hate him!!!!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Nah, you were praising my post and analysis with the Thank you.

Call it the way you want. Thing is, I've never implied the things you said.

If you call that an attack you have a very low threshold...I called it as I saw it i.e. you like to rag on him which you seem to do.

Anyways lets just be happy that the Habs look pretty darn deep at the moment in nets and lets hope they can focus on getting a other pieces to complete the puzzle to a cup. I was 17 when they won in 1993, got to go to all but 3-4 of the games that playoff run at the old Forum and would love to see them win another Cup before I'm an old man or dead.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
AHL shutout victory in his last start and not sent back to ECHL but stayed on as backup for Lindgren today with Danis in the stands.

Wonder if he will be sent back further down or if he will stay in the AHL. Also wonder if he is around because Montoya is still no ready and Lindgren might be called back up to the Habs.

well the ECHL regular season was already over for the beast, they didn't have any games left until the playoffs. They open game 1 on Thursday so we'll see if he gets sent down or not. I would think they would want him playing unless Montoya isn't ready to go and then they got a decision to make.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Most likely. That great 2013 we were suppose to had is falling apart only player so far to live up to his billing is Lehkonen. DLR, Fucale and MaCarron have disappointed. Crisp and Gregoire blew apart once they hit the pros. Going same way as our 2012 draft. People way over rated it at the time. The only player who lived up to his billing so far is Hudon. Galchenyuk is a mess and falling. Collberg couldn't score. I remember Timmins being interviewed between 1st and 2nd round. He was so excited over Galchenyuk and chance to get Collberg he couldn't sleep the night before. That turned out really well.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Most likely. That great 2013 we were suppose to had is falling apart only player so far to live up to his billing is Lehkonen. DLR, Fucale and MaCarron have disappointed. Crisp and Gregoire blew apart once they hit the pros. Going same way as our 2012 draft. People way over rated it at the time. The only player who lived up to his billing so far is Hudon. Galchenyuk is a mess and falling. Collberg couldn't score. I remember Timmins being interviewed between 1st and 2nd round. He was so excited over Galchenyuk and chance to get Collberg he couldn't sleep the night before. That turned out really well.

Not another one of these posts! Go look back at both drafts. Montreal actually did pretty well. Nobody drafted well in the second round in 2012 or 2013. Collberg is just as bad as 90% of them and we turned him into a Vanek rental. The only player to do well after DeLaRose in 2013 that was drafted in the second round was Lehkonen.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

What a terrible post.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Unless either Lindgren or Danis is hurt, I don't know why they called Fucale up to St. John's. He is the best goalie in the ECHL Playoffs.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Has nothing to do with tall. His stance leaves about a million holes that are clearly visible on tv. You can just imagine what it looks like on the ice. He's been this way since juniors. No idea why we drafted him other then he's French. He was horrible in the Memorial Cup despite winning.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Has nothing to do with tall. His stance leaves about a million holes that are clearly visible on tv. You can just imagine what it looks like on the ice. He's been this way since juniors. No idea why we drafted him other then he's French. He was horrible in the Memorial Cup despite winning.

Well no. He was the best ranked Junior goalie of his age group. Look at all the drafting reports, he was at the top and seen to goalie a little earlier than he actually did. Halak had the same path to a starter's job in the NHL ( starting in the ECHL and moving up). I don't understand the rush most fans have with goalie prospects if Carey Price is your number 1. Fucale has had insane numbers since the Spengler Cup, which goes to prove that most of his issues are mental ( confidence). At 21 years old, I'm not too worried he can't , at worse, become a capable backup in the NHL.

Also, for once, he wasn't taken at his spot because he was born in Quebec. Had that been the case, he'd have been picked at either 25 ( McCarron), which people were totally content with at the time, or 34 ( De La Rose's spot). Chill out with your claims bud.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't buy it at all, I think the Habs went into the draft knowing how poor their depth was on the farm at goalie and since they had extra picks, went more for need then BPA.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Is Fucale even French? I know that he speaks French but I always thought he was primarily an anglo.

Don't think that's a good example of picking someone over language. Seemed more of a needs based pick.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I don't buy it at all, I think the Habs went into the draft knowing how poor their depth was on the farm at goalie and since they had extra picks, went more for need then BPA.

Wasn't he considered the top goalie available and a possible 1st rounder that year?

I don't think he was anywhere close to being a reach where the habs picked him.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Wasn't he considered the top goalie available and a possible 1st rounder that year?

I don't think he was anywhere close to being a reach where the habs picked him.

I thought he was behind Jarry. Real issue is that he was worse after he was drafted or stagnated at best. Even in the Spengler cup that gave some people hope, that goal he gave up early in the championship game was classic Fucale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->