Confirmed with Link: Zacha signs ELC with Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Contract that I'm assuming from what TG stated they want: Salary of 925k, 850k in incentives, 70k ahl salary.
Basically 5,325,000/3 years. He can only get up to that if he hits every bonus(unlikely).

Comparables:
Noah Hanifin(5th overall pick): 5,325,000/3 years
Ivan Provorov(7th overall pick): 5,325,000/3 years
Mikko Rantanen(9th overall pick): 4,975,000/3 years

Previous 6th overall picks:
Hampus Lindholm: 5,325,000/3 years
Sean Monahan: 5,325,000/3 years
Jake Virtanen: 5,325,000/3 years

Last edited by a moderator:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I still think it will be done by the deadline. Even Stefan wouldn't want to be known as the agent who cost his high draft pick a chance to play in the NHL next season (in addition to being the bust who couldn't score into an open net). Both sides have some leverage, but in the end, I think Shero has more, so Stefan is going to have to budge before the deadline if he wants Zacha to have a shot of being in the NHL next season. It will be worse for Stefan's reputation if he doesn't get the deal done by deadline than not getting all the bonuses for his client would be, I think.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Not signing only hurts Zacha. Stefan knows that. His client loses his opportunity to make the NHL or at least impress at this level. The team loses nothing. We all want him to go back to juniors for another year anyway.

I bet Stefan caves and a deal gets done.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not signing only hurts Zacha. Stefan knows that. His client loses his opportunity to make the NHL or at least impress at this level. The team loses nothing. We all want him to go back to juniors for another year anyway.

I bet Stefan caves and a deal gets done.

I'm still hoping he plays in the AHL.

Elite prospects has him listed as playing for his Czech team and he may be eligible for the AHL the same way Julius Honka was.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It's at this point Zacha should be saying to Stefan: "Shut up, and make a deal."

If he ends up not signing, you can't just put it all on Stefan...

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Will Zacha play this season with the Devils? New Jersey will give Zacha every opportunity to earn a roster spot out of training camp. The Devils will have nine games to find out if the forward is ready for the NHL; once he plays the 10th game, his entry-level contract (which he had not signed as of Aug. 6) becomes official for the season. He could be sent back to Sarnia in the Ontario Hockey League, but at 18 years old cannot play in the American Hockey League. Zacha is everything the Devils need in their lineup: He's strong on the puck, fast, and capable of finding the open teammate.

@NHLDevils: After an offseason of change, check out the three biggest questions facing Ray Shero & John Hynes’ Devils for '15-16: http://t.co/vMXE6uVj2c

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I wouldn't say Stefan and Zacha have NO leverage. It's certainly not a lot, but Shero did himself no favors with all the talk of giving Zacha a shot at the team next season and all that. And I'd bet a small chunk of that has to do with selling tickets to fans that don't expect much in the way of winning next season.

Really, that's their leverage. Zacha is one of the few positive things going for this team right now, at least from a PR perspective. I'm sure Stefan knows Zacha would be perfectly fine spending another year in the CHL, and Shero probably can't afford any sort of slip-up after the roll he's been on. It's not much, but the idea that Shero would just be all "whatever" if they can't get a contract signed contradicts the statements Shero made about Zacha after development camp.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I wouldn't say Stefan and Zacha have NO leverage. It's certainly not a lot, but Shero did himself no favors with all the talk of giving Zacha a shot at the team next season and all that. And I'd bet a small chunk of that has to do with selling tickets to fans that don't expect much in the way of winning next season.

Really, that's their leverage. Zacha is one of the few positive things going for this team right now, at least from a PR perspective. I'm sure Stefan knows Zacha would be perfectly fine spending another year in the CHL, and Shero probably can't afford any sort of slip-up after the roll he's been on. It's not much, but the idea that Shero would just be all "whatever" if they can't get a contract signed contradicts the statements Shero made about Zacha after development camp.

Agree with you. I think Shero has a bulk of the leverage, but Stefan has some. Both sides have incentive to get this deal done, which is why I think it will be finished before the deadline. If not, both sides come away with some rotten tomato on their faces.

Now, I do believe that Stefan will have to budge here, because it sounds like Shero is willing to give some bonuses but not all, so ultimately I feel that it is unlikely that all the bonuses will be given.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
This is so stupid. Give him max and move along. Did Stefan attempt to piss in Shero's coffee or what?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I'm still not too worried. I think both sides have some motivation for it to get it done, and the approaching deadline will probably hurry negotiations along a bit.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If they agreed why is the guy asking when the deadline is? They wouldn't agree after the deadline, so something's off with the translation.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
Good news. He also looks like a less beefy John Cena in that pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad