Confirmed with Link: Zach Sill re-signs with Pittsburgh (1 Year/$550k/ 2-Way Deal)

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Well at least Craig Adams is gone for sure now......

If only.... Adams is on a 35+ contract, Sill signed another 2-way deal. Much easier to send down Sill.

On the other hand Sill nearly had 3 hits per game with only a single minor penalty in his 20 NHL games last season. And when was the last time you've seen Adams take on a 6'5 guy and win?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
He was fun to watch last year, but he really won me over when I watched that In the Room episode he was featured in. The way he was trolling Phaneuf the whole game was great. I'd love for him to be the 13th forward. We just need to dump Adams.

Imagine mixing up line combos one game and sending out Comeau-Sill-Downie. It would drive other teams insane. :laugh:

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
He was fun to watch last year, but he really won me over when I watched that In the Room episode he was featured in. The way he was trolling Phaneuf the whole game was great. I'd love for him to be the 13th forward. We just need to dump Adams.

Imagine mixing up line combos one game and sending out Comeau-Sill-Downie. It would drive other teams insane. :laugh:

This was great. I loved it too!

And Bort on defense:laugh:

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
He was fun to watch last year, but he really won me over when I watched that In the Room episode he was featured in. The way he was trolling Phaneuf the whole game was great.

"Hey 3, keep your head up! I'm gonna run ya! Just waiting for my shift!" (the Sill part starts at about 1:30)

Sill was so amped up he wouldn't stop talking. Best moment was when the linesman pulls him away from trashtalking Raymond and one Leaf ask hims if this is his first game. And Sill's all "No man! It's my eighth!" :laugh:

Great energy. He can't really do anything other than hit and fight but that's already two things more than what Adams does. Only his horrid faceoff numbers worry me if he was to play 4th line center.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
"Hey 3, keep your head up! I'm gonna run ya! Just waiting for my shift!" (the Sill part starts at about 1:30)

Sill was so amped up he wouldn't stop talking. Best moment was when the linesman pulls him away from trashtalking Raymond and one Leaf ask hims if this is his first game. And Sill's all "No man! It's my eighth!" :laugh:

Great energy. He can't really do anything other than hit and fight but that's already two things more than what Adams does. Only his horrid faceoff numbers worry me if he was to play 4th line center.

that's truly awesome. just wish we could edit out bylsma's voice haha

deakka

Nov 6, 2009

Haha, i love the part where Vitale barely can keep it together from starting laughing when Sill trash talks Phaneuf.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan

Sill was trolling Phaneuf pretty hard, and looked completely stoked at the same time.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Didn't Phaneuf end up taking a stupid penalty? Or was that Zolnierczyk's doing? :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
So much has been made of the 'bad room' and the players "not having fun," I feel like having a guy like Sill in the locker room who brings so much energy and lightens up the mood would be really good for them if he's with the big club.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

I remember that. He was very non typical compared to who has patroled the lineup in recent years.

Hopefully the Pens are not injury plaqued this year. If so, he should be the one called up. Maybe even, Zlobin.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

Thanks, I missed that one. Epic :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If only.... Adams is on a 35+ contract, Sill signed another 2-way deal. Much easier to send down Sill.

On the other hand Sill nearly had 3 hits per game with only a single minor penalty in his 20 NHL games last season. And when was the last time you've seen Adams take on a 6'5 guy and win?

When was the last time you've seen Adams take on *anyone* and win? Brian Gionta would probably feed him his lunch.

I really do hope this is the end of Adams. There's just absolutely no reason to keep him around. He should have been jettisoned with the trash long ago.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Craig ADAMS is pure scum..... The Pens should not play him under any circumstances. ANY TEAM that plays ADAMS will not win a championship nor deserves a championship... THIS isn't 2009.. The guy was sub par in 09, its now 2014

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
From the own UFA´s left he and Gibbons are the only ones I would have brought back on a cheap deal like that. Since it is a 2way contract its no big deal, maybe Gibbons can get one as well.

Last edited:

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

The was without a doubt my favorite fight last year, and my favorite game. Loved watching the kids play for once. The only one coming close was 4-1 against LA in LA.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Awesome. Love Siller. It's going to be harder to crack the lineup with all the new bottom sixers though. Although hopefully coach Johnston holds the likes of Adams more accountable than Bylsma ever did. Sill deserved to be in there over Adams last year for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad