Recalled/Assigned: Zach Sill re-assigned to WBS

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
It's tough to get a read on him because he's played with such ****** linemates up here. Has done nothing outside of some good PK shifts for us.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Can anyone explain this? What does Craig Adams, Chuck Kobasew, and Tanner Glass provide that Zach Sill does not? Oh, I forgot that they provide more experience.

But, he is better off getting playing time in WBS than sitting in the pressbox in Pittsburgh. I can't believe that Dan is so stubborn with Adams that he would play him as a centre over Sill just to keep him the line-up.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Zach Sill, he of 33.8% Corsi rating, has to be the oddest cult hero on this board.

I have a hard time using advanced stats to justify getting rid of Sill given:

1) sample size of games
2) minutes per game
3) linemates

yes, I understand how Corsi works.

No, I do not think Tanner Glass or Craig Adams are better, more useful players than Zach Sill, but I also liked Dustin Jeffrey, so what do I know.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Sending Sill down gives us 11 healthy forwards not including Engelland. Someone else must be coming back soon.

As for sending Sill down instead of waiving Kobasew, well that just pisses me off.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I have a hard time using advanced stats to justify getting rid of Sill given:

1) sample size of games
2) minutes per game
3) linemates

yes, I understand how Corsi works.

No, I do not think Tanner Glass or Craig Adams are better, more useful players than Zach Sill, but I also liked Dustin Jeffrey, so what do I know.

And I think an argument can be made that Sill's advanced statistics can be discounted to a point for those reasons. I really don't see the argument that Sill has played well other than on the PK, however.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
So are we OK with this or are we making a Byslma / Shero voodoo doll? Want to make sure I'm on the correct side of the HFB Bipolar Pendulum-swing. :laugh:

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
Advance statistics are irrelevant. Jay Feaster was a believer in advance statistics, look where he winded up. Sill played with some crappy linemates as well.

Didn't CORSI ratings say Tyler Kennedy was better than Sidney Crosby last season? It's not even that advanced of a stat, it's simple arithmetic a layman could do if he actually jotted down every shot (not to mention it is entirely dependent on who the other 9 guys on the ice are). Show me a stat that actually uses calculations to give a rating that incorporates turnovers, turnovers leading to scoring chances, turnovers leading to goals, scoring chances created, scoring chances missed, passes intercepted, turnovers caused, plays leading to a goal for/against, etc. etc. etc. and I'll start looking at them.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Regarding Vitale ... I've wondered before if we'd lose him to FA. I hate the thought of it, but I could see him signing with the Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->