Zach Redmond - [UPDATE: April 17, 2013] Conditioning in St. John's

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Brian Rogers did an interview with a fellow Kitzinger (sp??). He played on the same college team as Redmond. In the interview two things were stated.

1. Redmond is coming to the rock in April to be around the boys.
2. He is walking up and down stairs.

Awesome news!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He's in town:

Anthony Peluso ‏@AnthonyPeluso23 8m

Just cooked a feast for @slaterjim and @ZachRedmond24. Gave them the first showing of my skills in the kitchen #chef

jetkarma*

Just heard on a replay on 1290 something about Zach Redmond being able to skate with the club very soon.

Nothing implied that he was close to even contemplating playing soon , but that is good news overall , plus it has to be a positive for playing , at least hopefully next season.

Sure it will be a positive for his team mates too.

And one week later ....

Great news.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
This is fantastic news! Doubt we see him in the remaining games given he'll be nowhere near game shape, but excellent news nonetheless.

Winnipeg Jets defenceman Zach Redmond has been cleared for full practice, taking part in an optional skate with teammates today.

Redmond's clearance to go all-out continues the remarkable progress the 24-year-old has made since his leg was sliced open by a teammate's skate, seven weeks ago.

"It's unbelievable," head coach Claude Noel said. "We had to wait until he got to about 90 per cent (of leg strength). When he got here, he was around 75. In a matter of days he got to around 90 per cent. It's really unbelievable.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/04/12/redmond-gets-all-clear-for-winnipeg-jets

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Love our defence depth though!

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Hainsey - Bogosian
Stuart - Clitsome
Postma
Kulda
Trouba
Redmond
Meech

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Fantastic news. Really like the kid. Hope he has a full recovery and continues to develop as an NHL dman.

Kid sure has come a long way in a short period of time - player-wise and injury-wise.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
How the ****? Damn, this is good to hear. I was terrified when I heard about the injury, it's nothing short of a miracle that he's recovered this much this quickly. All I can say is I hope it's not because they're rushing it.

Either way, damn. good on you, zachy reds.

jetkarma*

Fantastic news , such a dramatic change in what could have been . great for Zach , great for the team , great for the fans too.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
This is awesome news - he's a gamer, this kid. Hopefully he's not traumatized too much by it, and can get right back into the game. It would be sweet to see him get into the line-up for a play-off game.

Wait a second while I take my over-sized rose tinted glasses off - that's assuming the Jets make the post-season, and he gets into game condition.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
This is awesome news - he's a gamer, this kid. Hopefully he's not traumatized too much by it, and can get right back into the game. It would be sweet to see him get into the line-up for a play-off game.

Wait a second while I take my over-sized rose tinted glasses off - that's assuming the Jets make the post-season, and he gets into game condition.

First sentence, I couldn't agree more.

Second sentence: Quiet, you! </Farnsworth>

Dave512

Apr 10, 2012
Albany NY
This is just nuts. A few weeks ago there was still a question of whether he would ever play again. Now he could play next week?!? Redmond is freakin' Wolverine with that healing speed!

Can't wait to see him on the ice again. It's obvious how much fun he has playing the game, and that must be infectious. Get well (ridiculously) soon Zach!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Amazing recovery time considering how serious this injury was.

Atta boy Zachy Rouge :handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad