Zach Redmond and Jacob Trouba to speak with media today (UPD : Redmond is skating)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Thought this deserved its own thread:

But Friday is sure to be an interesting day as Jacob Trouba will meet the media for the first time since signing his professional contract and defenceman Zach Redmond is expected to speak to reporters for the first time since his horrific skate-cut accident in Carolina that ended his rookie season prematurely.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/jetstream/general/jets-drop-below-playoff-line-after-fifth-consecutive-defeat/

And here he is this morning:

BHGY67aCEAEzTxf.jpg:large

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...le-Redmond-back-on-ice-doctors-201631131.html

The fact Redmond is back on the ice is one incredible step but Winnipeg Jets head team physician Dr. Peter McDonald says it’s "highly probable," Redmond will be in training camp this fall if not back with the team sooner.

The doctor gave him a 50/50 chance of ever playing pro hockey again. This is unbelievable how fast he's recovered. The physician that worked on him in Raleigh must've been very talented, and let's not forget to credit Zach himself. No doubt his commitment to physiotherapy hastened his return.

Last edited:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Update. And fantastic news! :handclap:

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 6m
Docs for #nhljets expect Zach Redmond to make full recovery and be in training camp, if not back sooner. Call it a "miracle." #bn

KingSalamon

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Amidst all the negative in Jetsville lately, it sure is nice to have a nice ray of sunshine in the news. Awesome news about Redmond and I look forward to seeing him in a Jets uniform next season!

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
:banana::yo::handclap::yo::handclap::yo::banana:

Stunning, really. Easily could've been career-ending
Absolutely true.

It EASILY could have been more than that.

Here's a bit of simple math.

(He's lucky just to be alive) * (lucky to be able to walk on that leg again) * (lucky to be able to move it as normal) * (lucky to be able to even think about skating hard again) * (the fact that he only lost a (half) season from all of this) = I don't even know what that equals.

If you think about it, it really is a bloody miracle.

Zach Redmond = x
x = Miracle
Zach Redmond = Miracle?
:laugh:
Now I want him to become an absolute stallion on D, and win a Norris, because that would be too epic.

But seriously. Wow.

jetkarma*

Skating on the ice now with Peluso and Slater . Very very good news.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Very happy about the Redmond news! He has been one of my favorite players in the system for awhile and think he can eventually replace Hainsy on the 2nd pairing!

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Leg is currently at 75% strength after 6 weeks.
Really is astonishing. Sounds like this is nothing short of a miracle.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hey, it's something everyone can be on the same page about!! We're all seriously happy for Redmond!

Seriously, it's great news for him. And it's pretty good news for us too. He looked pretty good in his short stint, and it will be great to see what he can do next year.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
If miracles can happen, let Zach show up in a playoff game this year :)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Fantastic news! Zach Redmond looked like he really loved to be out there on the ice, great to hear that he's recovering better than we could have hoped for!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 8m

Redmond will address the media when he gets off the ice and is expected to share his thoughts on the scary skate-cut incident #NHLJets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->