Zach Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
If he is so good, and when he was drafted everyone was saying what a steal he was, why did he drop so far, and why did so many teams pass on him? I remember watching that draft, and the announcers (believe it was Pierre Mcguire) was saying how he was shocked that Parise wasn't taken. :dunno:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jtuzzi21 said:
If he is so good, and when he was drafted everyone was saying what a steal he was, why did he drop so far, and why did so many teams pass on him? I remember watching that draft, and the announcers (believe it was Pierre Mcguire) was saying how he was shocked that Parise wasn't taken. :dunno:

Size.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Not to mention that Parise has only improved since he was drafted (World Junior MVP/Leading Scorer, then great NCAA year)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jtuzzi21 said:
I know he's small, but he is so skilled, and was at the draft, it makes no sense to me.

We live in an era where size>skill. That's just the way it works. No matter, Parise will prove his detractors wrong. You just can't teach the intangibles he possesses. I really think people are underrating most if not all parts of his game.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:

It was also a loaded draft that year.

If it was re-drafted right now, Parise would go higher, but IMO he would still go no higher than 12th.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:
It was also a loaded draft that year.

If it was re-drafted right now, Parise would go higher, but IMO he would still go no higher than 12th.
Thats true.

2003 was an amazing draft year.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
We live in an era where size>skill. That's just the way it works. No matter, Parise will prove his detractors wrong. You just can't teach the intangibles he possesses. I really think people are underrating most if not all parts of his game.
briere for gratton
skill for size
:lol:

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I think teams new to much about Parise. Sounds dumb, but i think the majorty of scouts had him pegged as a solid second liner on a good team and a good first line center on a average team. Will play second unit PP and first PK. Put up 40-70 points depending on team. Will be a leader and allways plays hard. Sounds good to me. And i think it sounded good to alot of other teams too. But, Zhederev, Staal, Vanek have more point pontential. To maybe lead the league in points. Horton, Jessiman and Carter etc. could grow into prototype power forwrds. Then u have the defensmen and goalies. And its more about top end potential vs the safer pick. And 17 in that draft year, like others have said, was not that bad.

db23

8 players drafted after Parise have already appeared in the NHL. Several others taken after him had great seasons last year. Eric Fehr and Ryan Getzlaf in particular, drafted right after Parise have made giant strides and look like complete forwards. If you want to say that Parise was underrated what about some of these others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->