Zach Parise vs Corey Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Can't speak for Corey Perry because I've never seen him play. As for Zach, although, the Devs have played ony two preseason games, he's been the 1 star in both of those games and will make the team.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
An Ode to Dr. Loomis

I sink crosby schore points as large like Gretzky

Claypool_*

Parise at worst will be a good defensive forward. Perry IMO is either a hit or miss

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Perry's skating has improved and he is is now up to 6'3 202. He can use his size and reach to score in this league. I'll take him over the smaller Parise.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
Perry's skating has improved and he is is now up to 6'3 202. He can use his size and reach to score in this league. I'll take him over the smaller Parise.

Size may not be the advantage it once was. I choose Parise since he has proven he can perform at a high level at the AHL already.

Randall Graves*

AJ1982 said:
Size may not be the advantage it once was. I choose Parise since he has proven he can perform at a high level at the AHL already.
Sure it will, with the refs cutting down on contact in front of the net size will still be important and having a long reach like perry is always a plus.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
RallyKiller said:
Sure it will, with the refs cutting down on contact in front of the net size will still be important and having a long reach like perry is always a plus.

Guarantee you it won't be as big a factor. With the refs cutting down on contact in front of the net, AND everywhere else, size will not be as important since a big guy can't just push you around at will anymore without risk of a penalty. Now even little guys can plant themselves in front of the net if they so wish and use their quickness to tap in the loose pucks. Also, Reach is one thing big guys typically have... relatively slow feet are another. Perry's skating may have improved but Parise wins in the skating department hands down. The game is going to be much more of a speed game and that's going to give small speedy guys a bit of an advantage. It used to be we saw questionable players being picked early in the draft since they were 6'4 and 210 lbs, but now I think we'll see a lot less than that. Size will not be a part of the NHL job requirement anymore.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
AJ1982 said:
Guarantee you it won't be as big a factor. With the refs cutting down on contact in front of the net, AND everywhere else, size will not be as important since a big guy can't just push you around at will anymore without risk of a penalty. .

Refs will only be cracking down on obstruction and not contact. The players will adapt (as they have been in the OHL) and size will still matter.

IMO, Perry will be a more of an offensive threat and tally more points but Parise will be regarded as a better two way forward, one who will excell on the PK while still providing an offensive punch.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
AJ1982 said:
It used to be we saw questionable players being picked early in the draft since they were 6'4 and 210 lbs, but now I think we'll see a lot less than that. Size will not be a part of the NHL job requirement anymore.

You're only fooling yourself with that one.

Size will be as important as ever, just watch.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
agreed, how do you move some one out of your goalies way without cross checking him or doing anything that will get you 2 minutes?
espically if hes huge?
give me perry

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
hockeyman28 said:
Who do you like and why? I'll take Parise, he is better defensively and is a better skater.

Could you pick two more different forwards? You would have to tell me what I already have, they are that close overall.

If you think in terms of who you want on yor team you're probably thinking Parise, but if you're thinking who you wouldn't want on the team you're playing against, you have to think Perry.

On average, edge to Perry!

Last edited:

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
All you guys saying size will carry the same weight as before need to watch Brian Gionta stand in front of the opposition's net and watch defensemen struggle to figure out how to move him legally. Guys do not have to pay the same price to be there anymore and even though you can push and shove if the player is taken down it is being called interference. Not saying that size is not an advantage but the era of the Bobby Clarke 6'2+ only hockey clubs is over.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Crosbyfan said:
Could you pick two more different forwards? You would have to tell me what I already have, they are that close overall.

If you think in terms of who you want on yor team you're probably thinking Parise, but if you're thinking who you wouldn't want on the team you're playing against, you have to think Perry.

On average, edge to Perry!
Really...I wouldn't mind playing against Perry at all. Send a physical defensmen out there hit him a few times and watch him curl on the ice. Parise has also made the Devils second line and was 1st star in 2 of 3 games so far in preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->